Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

chitownsportsfan

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by chitownsportsfan

  1. He isn't good enough to command an opt out not with the posting fee on top. Three years with a vesting option makes sense to me. I'd offer 3/65 with a 500 PA 30 million option for 2029. If he's just a 1 WAR player bench him and move on. Little downside risk here given the context imo so get it done.
  2. I'm not sure he's that good. However he would not get more than a 3 or 4 year deal from anybody so the risk is relatively low if he stinks the deck is cleared around 2028 when ideally the money is refreshed via Ishbia and Sox can play in a bigger pool. Signing him also would give the Sox a big marketing boost in baseball crazy Japan. Small upside to consider revenue wise long term.
  3. It's an inscrutable situation with Murakami sounds like.
  4. Good article from ESPN. Hell no I wouldn't want Sox pitchers challenging. I agree with the managers pitchers think everything is a strike. Hinch had a good quote: Detroit Tigers manager A.J. Hinch: "I've spent some time talking to our player development group and even some of the players who have gone up and down [to the minors]. I think, similar to the replay, there are subtle little adjustments that everybody's had to make around some new rules. It will fall into a good rhythm and a good understanding of it. I think the first month will probably be the hardest month. Maybe spring will help a little bit. But in the spring, you can try and fail and it's not that penal. "You do that in San Diego or Arizona or a home opener against St. Louis and it's a little more costly. We'll have a running tab on who's good at it and who is not. Because there might be some position players who get their optionality taken away from the challenge call."
  5. I think he might have died. He was over at Jim's site for a year or two after SSS cratered but I haven't seen him recently. His twitter is still up. He was always good for pouring cold water over the White Sox org.
  6. we need larry from SSS to post one of his dead horses and lock the thread.
  7. I enjoy how annoyed he is here. They had 7 guys drafted on the rule 5 that year? Covid or not that is crazy depth. https://www.mlb.com/rays/video/carlos-rodriguez-on-rule-5-draft
  8. nevermind. wander has nothing to do with anything here is the point.
  9. Seems like with the Bears situation easy PR move to try and stay and develop in the city.
  10. Royals personnel seeing this news wrt to their career prospects:
  11. yea that would be a creative move. we'll see how getz does. so far I think he's done a good job keeping his powder dry. obvious fringe moves have been made, some perhaps more impactful ones still to come but no rush. Hahn I felt always was compelled to move to move. Sometimes better just to wait and see especially given our resources for MLB payroll.
  12. then you just keep him and hope he puts up 250/300/470 at which point he would coming July. If he doesn't oh well C'est la vie,
  13. Good question. I'd think if the Sox paid some freight they could get a back end top 100 guy and a C+ and a lotto ticket. Of course will JR throw in 8 million or whatever? Prolly not.
  14. Well if that's what he's getting Robert def still has some value as fellow bounceback.
  15. I'd rather sign nobody than waste 20 million on two bums that will just take up roster spots while producing 1 WAR.
  16. Agnostic about the change myself. It might stifle some innovation but foster more competition and then innovation.
  17. I mean he traded away arguably the best non Skubal or Skenes pitcher in MLB, he got fair value. Got to give to Getz.
  18. It's cold outside but Getz is
  19. Thank god we are now making the obvious moves. For awhile that wasn't happening.
  20. We've gone from dumpster driving to digging in the pre donate crates at the Goodwill.
  21. We'll be lucky to add 4 WAR imo. Regardless team will be more watchable next year, only can go up from here. We'll see how high.
  22. Doesn't seem like we are gonna do jack s%*#. Not surprising but still mildly disappointing.
  23. Link them up with our new "grip expert" pitching coach. Honestly fairly excited about the 26 season. Getting the draft hit and the bonuses from just being so damn bad record wise have us primed to rebound to regular bad with some real upside assuming the 27 season happens.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.