chitownsportsfan
Members
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Topic: ALDS Game 2: White Sox at Guardians. Monday, 4:00 PM CT
Everything posted by chitownsportsfan
-
White Sox "actively seeking" packages for Robert
Let's assume (I know) that we have 30 WAR worth of players sitting down in the minors that will all matriculate to MLB within three seasons. Let's assume we aren't going to be signing any real starter quality players or one at best in that time frame. Cool, you just built a 80 win team and you're out of guys to trade to get more prospects. I mean, what are we doing here? You're not even going to get 20 WAR out of the minor league system in that time period, probably over the ENTIRE three seasons. We're so fucking far away from competing it's like a mirage in the desert to even imagine we are within eyesight of it.
-
6/6 - Celebrity Battle of the Soxes - Red v. White 7:10
John has quickly gone from "alright new guy sounds OK give him a chance" to "this is perhaps the worst White Sox decision of all time, in a crowded field to pick from". Brutal. I get it's a hard job, but simply not becoming a meme within the first couple months wasn't attainable for him.
-
White Sox "actively seeking" packages for Robert
We've lost 14 in a row, setting the ALL TIME FRANCHISE RECORD. But how many times have we been shut out this month? Zero. Checkmate haters.
-
White Sox "actively seeking" packages for Robert
I hate this. I think it's selling low and I hate letting Getz do it. Just roll the dice that he stays healthy and move him in the offseason with hopefully a new GM.
-
My stupid but short rant to someone about the 2006 Chicago White Sox with no exact conclusion
That team regressed hard on the pitching side. Adding Thome was good and they did win 90 just a bit of bad luck whereas in 2005 they had all the luck in addition to being a solid squad.
-
Fire Chris Getz
Pietro Longhi: The Charlatan, 1757
-
6/6 - Celebrity Battle of the Soxes - Red v. White 7:10
a base hit come on.
-
6/6 - Celebrity Battle of the Soxes - Red v. White 7:10
Giolito is stoned out of his mind.
-
6/6 - Celebrity Battle of the Soxes - Red v. White 7:10
they keep saying vaughn is "turning a corner" but every time i check the box he's going 1/4 with a single. that ain't it chief.
-
6/6 - Celebrity Battle of the Soxes - Red v. White 7:10
The type of memories? STFU JOHN. God I hate this fucking guy imma stroke out.
-
6/6 - Celebrity Battle of the Soxes - Red v. White 7:10
This is brutal. I feel nothing but anger and 2nd hand embarrassment watching this "tribute".
-
6/6 - Celebrity Battle of the Soxes - Red v. White 7:10
Man when the Griffey game was much better than Hurt's that cut me as a kid. I even was pissed I didn't have a sega and had to go to my buddy's place.
-
6/6 - Celebrity Battle of the Soxes - Red v. White 7:10
It's like John is on another planet. At this point if you told me he was doing a bit I would just nod.
-
6/6 - Celebrity Battle of the Soxes - Red v. White 7:10
this might be the worst spot starter I've seen in 30 some years as a fan. This guy has nothing.
-
6/6 - Celebrity Battle of the Soxes - Red v. White 7:10
I've seen celebrity first pitch throwers with more command.
-
6/6 - Celebrity Battle of the Soxes - Red v. White 7:10
Stone bitching about the weather and having to spend more time doing a job most people would die for. STFU old man.
-
6/6 - Celebrity Battle of the Soxes - Red v. White 7:10
John we are averaging about 10k a night, STFU.
-
6/6 - Celebrity Battle of the Soxes - Red v. White 7:10
This is a good one too, patron saint of a local midwest themed bar: https://petoskeysbar.com/seattle-fremont-petoskey-s-about They got his "photos" up all throughout the place.
-
6/6 - Celebrity Battle of the Soxes - Red v. White 7:10
deloach could have knocked out pedro and saved us all some grief.
-
6/6 - Celebrity Battle of the Soxes - Red v. White 7:10
This guy has no fucking clue where his pitches are going. He'll fit right in up here.
-
6/6 - Celebrity Battle of the Soxes - Red v. White 7:10
It's like in the old video games when it would just be "player 99". This guy is as generic as it gets.
-
6/6 - Celebrity Battle of the Soxes - Red v. White 7:10
who the f*** is "woodford"?
-
6/6 - Celebrity Battle of the Soxes - Red v. White 7:10
this ballgame is ovah!
-
Next trade MUST bring a proven major league reliever. Another bullpen loss tonight.
- 6/5 Sux @ Flubs 7:05PM CT
By the time I was watching every game I could (thanks C-Span sat) circa 1991, Hawk's homerism was long, long past contrived and his passion for the Sox could be felt through the screen. He was also an expert on how baseball is played at the MLB level, which added a lot of weight to his calls, especially when he was in his prime between 90-2012 or so. JR doesn't know his fanbase, I wouldn't listen to a single thing that out of touch f*** says. Nobody wanted a homer, or very few, what we wanted is someone passionate about the Sox and that was Hawk. John isn't going to last long enough to start any homerism, schtick or otherwise, we can only hope. - 6/5 Sux @ Flubs 7:05PM CT