Everything posted by chitownsportsfan
-
Adley to BOS per Passan
Well, you gotta give to get. They gave. Is he closer to a 4 WAR catcher or 2? I'd go 2, but it ain't my money or prospects.
-
Sox acquire Brenton Doyle - trade Adams and Carlos Vielma (SS)
Getz has performed a miracle this season. I was as big of a hater as possible but I ain't going to get lit up over minor trades. So far we've traded Mason Adams and Boston Smith. Not exactly guys likely to become big league regulars, let alone stars, and gotten some pieces that help us a bit. People didn't want to trade top 5 org assets, well this is what that looks like.
-
Sox acquire Brenton Doyle - trade Adams and Carlos Vielma (SS)
I hope this doesn't mean Braden's infection is worse than they let on. Oof.
-
Sox acquire Brenton Doyle - trade Adams and Carlos Vielma (SS)
WTF. Well, Getz has earned benefit of the doubt for now, but WTF.
-
And that's a statement sending, series winning, White Sox winner!
TB has seemed smoke and mirrors to me since July. Their offensive has a couple of studs and a lotta duds. Pitching periphereals suggest a middling staff. Their defense impressed me but that's the least important part of the game for team success. Yankees rotation scares the piss out of me and if they get healthy look out. Red Sox are hot but long way to go. We can cool them off this week.
-
Do you think Schriff will be back next season?
Plesac is a more serious wimpy, which is good, offers a more contemptuous perspective than Stone at this point and you can tell he's a big Sox fan.
-
8/2 Games
Thanks, yea the physical profile stands out sounds like a Luis Robert type physique.
-
Castillo to Sox for Dominguez, Boston Smith, Nolan Jones per Passan
He's been awful after I suggested he might be a fit for the White Sox in deal with the Mariners. Relievers, they're volatile.
-
Do you think Schriff will be back next season?
Oh god please not Amin. I can't stand him on Bulls games. He's a football guy at best imo.
-
Magic Number
Damn you're old bro. Feel better. Speech to text has gotten pretty good, look into it. I partially tore my rotator cuff about 8 years ago falling drunk in a monsoon camping out on the peninsula. Stepped out of the little cabin into a slip and slide fall right on my shoulder. It's never quite been the same since. Flairs up on me lifting once a year or so. A client of mine just had his repaired, guy in his 70s, he was feeling a lot better after 4 weeks he said. Was able to start range of motion at that point.
-
8/2 Games
whats the deal with fauske people think he's untouchable, why?
-
Magic Number
mariners win!
-
Magic Number
mariners blow it in the 9th. god damnit. just letting twins get hot in a game they had no business even being close. now tied 6-6 in the 9th.
-
Do you think Schriff will be back next season?
Honestly at this point I'd rather replace Stone with Plesac than John with whoever. I'd also love to have an experimental booth with Bacon the play by play and Plesac the color but I doubt Bacon wants to put himself through that. It would be cool if he gave it a shot, but it's a lot to take on and he probably doesn't want to commit to 150 games.
-
Castillo to Sox for Dominguez, Boston Smith, Nolan Jones per Passan
I'm still puzzled as to why we didn't get cash in this deal instead of the other way given we gave them a legit org top 15 or so guy in Boston. It had to have been the winning offer as I'm sure they got other calls, but I'm not worried about Smith or the cash. I just hope the opportunity cost of getting a better player isn't the rub this year and next, especially next year. If he stinks will the sox have the balls to just move on? I doubt it.
-
Sox @ Rays 12:40
this guy sucks
-
Sox @ Rays 12:40
the latter
-
Castillo to Sox for Dominguez, Boston Smith, Nolan Jones per Passan
he's fine. i think he has some juice left and the piggyback thing was dumb. that said, his metrics and age and contract are all middling. middling add, I guess taking on this for seranthony is good but yea, middling.
-
Castillo to Sox for Dominguez, Boston Smith, Nolan Jones per Passan
huh. interesting move. not sure it helps us much.
-
The real game thread: White Sox @ Rays 3:10 CDT Hicks vs Rasmussen
not sure about this PH.
-
The real game thread: White Sox @ Rays 3:10 CDT Hicks vs Rasmussen
some luck, finally.
-
The real game thread: White Sox @ Rays 3:10 CDT Hicks vs Rasmussen
Good job Noah.
-
The real game thread: White Sox @ Rays 3:10 CDT Hicks vs Rasmussen
Yikes.
-
The real game thread: White Sox @ Rays 3:10 CDT Hicks vs Rasmussen
- The real game thread: White Sox @ Rays 3:10 CDT Hicks vs Rasmussen
70mph hit for rbi 105mph liner for an out, that's baseball suzyn. - The real game thread: White Sox @ Rays 3:10 CDT Hicks vs Rasmussen