Everything posted by chitownsportsfan
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
Just blue check Sox accounts. The algo is straight garbage to be fair. You like one tweet and suddenly your entire feed is that account or topic. It's maddening. I actually have stopped liking or retweeing certain things just because I don't want my entire feed to be flooded.
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
Sox twitter is the worst. People are really trying to argue that John losing his job is some sad sack moment? GMAFB. In most universes that don't have an owner like JR, John is still doing slam ball and random Big East basketball games. He was over promoted. Oh well.
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
With the 40 man as it is it seems like they are just going to roll with him and hope he's just the mop up. I'd imagine Fedde and Kay will be used out of the pen if they don't start. Martin I don't know, he's probably closer to Richards' role than getting any starts. I think your starters are Burke and Fedde as crazy as that sounds. 3rd game would maybe be Kay or you try a bullpen day, which I wouldn't be opposed to in principle.
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
There are guys out there. I suggested Aaron Goldsmith from the Marines broadcasts. He came up through the minors and radio and is now solid on TV PBP. He can keep it light but also knows ball having put in so much time.
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
I hate the new format. I like the 2nd WC but I think it should be a 5 game series. I get what @77 Hitmen is saying but I also think there are ways to make it work. Nobody wants in season doubleheaders tho.
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
Anybody want to project the playoff roster? I don't believe Pham is eligible everybody else no in IL is, I believe. 13 pitcher max. OF: Doyle, Peters, Beni, Grichuk, Montgomery IF: Acuna, Vargas, Meidroth, Mune, Colson, Ant C: Teel, Rogers P: Taylor, Hagen, Burke, Kay, Fedde, Hicks, Sandlin, Newcomb, Martin, Hudson, Noah, Brazoban, Richards
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
Gross. I'm not going to hate on John anymore I've said my share on him. But Conner is even worse. John had his problems but excitement wasn't one of them. It would be cool if they poached Aaron Goldsmith from the Mariners but I doubt they spend any money on it. Conner is probably cheap.
-
Where's the gamethread at? Rocks 'N Sox, 2:10 CT
84 wins is a helluva accomplishment. I figured 84 would have a 4/5 chance at Divison a month ago and 85 would 100% have done it. Give the Tribe credit they took advantage of some breaks and got to 85. Glad some guys could be rested today and we knew last night instead of going for it today and not getting it. I give us a 60/40 chance to win the Astros series. They are not a good team and we've played better baseball the last three weeks.
-
9/26- Sox vs Rockies, 6:10
noah hanging in there
-
9/26- Sox vs Rockies, 6:10
damnit.
-
The Official Scoreboard watching thread
sounds like weather might help the tribe, of course it would.
-
The Official Scoreboard watching thread
that's crazy.
-
The Official Scoreboard watching thread
come the f*** on hold a fucking serve.
-
Colson's future with the team
who gives a s%*#? he's at 2.8 fWAR. That's .2 fWAR less than Julio Rodriguez this year. Being a dependable everyday good MLB SS matters, so does 30+ HR. Who fucking cares that 2026 Adam Dunn is not a bad 1B or DH but a good everyday MLB SS? That is all the differences. 20 teams would kill to have a "problem" like Colson as a pre arb 25 year old SS.
-
Colson's future with the team
When you play a very good MLB SS you can deal with a 90 wRC+ hitter, even one that looks as odd at SS as Colson. Certainly as a 25 year old.
-
The Official Scoreboard watching thread
- 9/25- Sox vs Rockies, 6:40
oh snap we're facing Q tmr!- The Official Scoreboard watching thread
we're winning out we just need them to take ONE FUCKING GAME.- 9/25- Sox vs Rockies, 6:40
throw strikes dude.- 9/25- Sox vs Rockies, 6:40
113 mph, what a play in RF- 9/25- Sox vs Rockies, 6:40
lol sam- 9/25- Sox vs Rockies, 6:40
We're hot baby.- 9/25- Sox vs Rockies, 6:40
lol, fucking cle- 9/25- Sox vs Rockies, 6:40
Just score 2 runs so we can have some mopup arm finish it.- 9/25- Sox vs Rockies, 6:40
I'm not a lip reader but that was "yea, why not, leave 'em out there" for the 9th. - 9/25- Sox vs Rockies, 6:40