Everything posted by chitownsportsfan
-
Sox @ Tigers, 6/11 6:10 cst
Interesting, that's in London? I still gotta get to the UK at some point before the world ends. Want to check out some soccer stadiums and shit.
-
Sox @ Tigers, 6/11 6:10 cst
- Sox @ Tigers, 6/11 6:10 cst
Detroit is still playing pretty good ball. Will be another challenging series.- Levine: Soon Sox will browse trade market
I will browse the Internet today.- Updates on Kopech
Talk about slow playing it. I hope this lack of innings pays off in October.- Madrigal goes on 60 day DL, Hamstring tear: Goodwin recalled
also I swear to god no fucking Sox fan should EVER give Moncada shit for not busting 100% down the line every time. This is why some guys protect their body.- Madrigal goes on 60 day DL, Hamstring tear: Goodwin recalled
he's done, he's in the same boat robert was where it's probably surgery and at best it's 12 weeks. He won't be back doing any sort of baseball activity until late September at best.- Madrigal goes on 60 day DL, Hamstring tear: Goodwin recalled
He was balling out and playing faster than he ever has last night, you could see it defensively. He tried to run perhaps as hard as he ever has on that play and it just went. Shit happens.- Madrigal goes on 60 day DL, Hamstring tear: Goodwin recalled
Same man. I'm not sure how much more I can take. It's been one thing after another for my teams going back over a decade now when Rose went down. Pretty much all my favorite players have gotten hurt, badly, sometimes with career altering injuries.- Madrigal goes on 60 day DL, Hamstring tear: Goodwin recalled
out for the year, awesome.- Madrigal goes on 60 day DL, Hamstring tear: Goodwin recalled
I'm guessing he's still in surgery from the amputation.- Madrigal goes on 60 day DL, Hamstring tear: Goodwin recalled
this shit isn't that hard most of the time. they know as soon as they do their diag tests what they suspect it is and then as soon as they see the MRI or other images they almost always know the rest. the Sox are just really bad at communicating with their fans whether it's injury news or ticket news or rain delay news.- Madrigal goes on 60 day DL, Hamstring tear: Goodwin recalled
Where the fuck is the update- Madrigal goes on 60 day DL, Hamstring tear: Goodwin recalled
another good gym aphorism: there are a lot of right ways to lift, but there is always one wrong way.- Madrigal goes on 60 day DL, Hamstring tear: Goodwin recalled
that's insane. the last time I saw shit like that as the default was at the old Sunset Park gym in NYC. It's fine when spotters were common but these days in every modern gym spotters are rare and the safety bars are standard. Current gym I'm at is a great combo the new (and often better) style training methods of kettle bells, free weights, weighted balls and pully machines, mixed with tried and true Olympic style setups. Best of both worlds. Part of it is just getting older. Now that I'm over 35 every time I do a rep near max I'm thinking "oh boy this is the rep I tear something". Kinda is what it is. I look at the 20 year olds with envy now and remember being 20 and looking at the middle aged guys with pity. fml.- Madrigal goes on 60 day DL, Hamstring tear: Goodwin recalled
what? if you're using proper form you can easily position the safety bars so that worse case you don't have the weight crushing you and you can call for help. it's really not that complicated. either take the time to position the bars before you start or you know, use a spotter and failing that don't try and fucking max out or squeeze out that last rep. best advice i ever got in the gym (and I've been in them for 20 years constantly) was from a former pro bodybuilder, he said "safety first, because if you're not safe you're not gonna be doing jack shit injured on your couch". And in the case of using retaining clips and the safety bars not only are you a danger to yourself you're also a danger to others. there's a lot of dumb macho shit in gyms, seems to be getting worse honestly with the amount of newbies that think they are some crazy olympic lifter.- Madrigal goes on 60 day DL, Hamstring tear: Goodwin recalled
good god you'd think anybody trying to do 300lbs without a spotter would have the safety bars properly positioned. as you said, that's also how other people get hurt. i saw a guy a few years ago try and put up 305 with three 45s on each side and when he couldn't do the rep he start tilting the bar so that the plates rolled off. he's lucky he didn't smash some poor person's foot. just irresponsible. can't stand people like that at the gym.- Madrigal goes on 60 day DL, Hamstring tear: Goodwin recalled
sure didn't look like a hamstring injury mechanism or reaction. unfortunately it looked like a foot or achilles injury. Maybe a jones fracture which would be awful as well.- Madrigal goes on 60 day DL, Hamstring tear: Goodwin recalled
I'm tired of this shit. Nick was balling last night.- 6/9| White Sox vs Jays | 7:10PM CT | TLR going for #2766
jesus, it just keeps getting worse.- 6/9| White Sox vs Jays | 7:10PM CT | TLR going for #2766
god damnit this fucking game is horseshit.- 6/9| White Sox vs Jays | 7:10PM CT | TLR going for #2766
god damnit.- 6/9| White Sox vs Jays | 7:10PM CT | TLR going for #2766
fuck did nick just tear his achilles?- 6/9| White Sox vs Jays | 7:10PM CT | TLR going for #2766
does a bear shit in the woods?- 6/9| White Sox vs Jays | 7:10PM CT | TLR going for #2766
nick is balling out now. - Sox @ Tigers, 6/11 6:10 cst