Everything posted by chitownsportsfan
-
5/25 Cardinals vs. White Sox
Engel will be back this weekend I'd imagine and then Adam can go rest up. I'm not a huge fan of Eaton on one leg but Sox have better option in Engel than Rutherford.
-
5/25 Cardinals vs. White Sox
The guy with 90 wrC+ playing on one leg and .7 fWAR? Sox could certainly be doing worse. Careful what you wish for. The Sox have had plenty of types like Rutherford come up and completely bomb, worse than replacement. Right now Eaton isn't even that big of a crater.
-
5/25 Cardinals vs. White Sox
Does he tho? He's little more than a C+ prospect, if that, at this point. Can he play CF? Super active Cards forum for the game thread: https://gatewayredbirds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=65513&start=20 They don't seem too thrilled about their lineup either.
-
Luis Robert grade 3 strain/torn Hip Flexor, est. out 12-16 weeks
Just a guy that had to rehab some pretty serious lower body injuries and I studied as if I was one when I was doing it. The main thing I took away from it is that more muscle loss you can prevent, the faster you can get back on the court/field/whatever. That's why it's so awesome Robert didn't have to have surgery. Now he can start preventing that muscle loss so much quicker.
-
5/25 Cardinals vs. White Sox
Vaughn seems to have some troubles laying off high fastballs from RHP. Next step for him will be laying off those and getting in better counts. Seems like against RHP he's usually 1-2.
-
5/25 Cardinals vs. White Sox
Wow that completely fucks them. As bad as the OF injuries have been for the Sox knock on wood the pitching has been pretty healthy.
-
The TLR Manager Thread
We're gonna need another few pages on the meaning of this.
-
Engel To Begin Rehab Assignment Tomorrow in AAA
Would make sense. Eaton just isn't a guy that can play productively through injury at this point in his career. He's hanging on but if Engel is 100% ready to go let Eaton rest up for a couple weeks and then just DFA Lamb.
-
Luis Robert grade 3 strain/torn Hip Flexor, est. out 12-16 weeks
I just hope they don't get into a bidding war for someone like Hanniger. What are some other targets, Ozuna if the Braves want to be sellers in a month? I'm intrigued by Sheets right now. Solid start to the year at AAA and seems to be playing a decent OF. Wonder if they will give him a shot if Engel has another set back and Leury continues to scuffle.
-
Luis Robert grade 3 strain/torn Hip Flexor, est. out 12-16 weeks
Yea good point, maybe the recumbent bike. I hope he's got his diet and supplements locked in right now and hopefully takes this injury as a sign to really try and adjust his training in the future. Obviously there is no "secret" to staying injury free but I'd have to think a plan to maybe drop some muscle and put less strain on his joints is a smart one. Sacrifice a little explosion for more durability.
-
Luis Robert grade 3 strain/torn Hip Flexor, est. out 12-16 weeks
Probably doing some pool work maybe some light cross training on the bike. I'd imagine at this point it's mostly about arresting muscle loss and regaining ROM as safely as possible. Pretty good news given the initial surgery timeline would have had him what, not doing any sort of activity until July? I'd have to think he is aiming for an early August rehab stint and then a return to the Sox a couple weeks after at this point. I'd guess he'll start baseball activities towards the middle of July which would be like 10 weeks from the injury.
-
The TLR Manager Thread
Well he was a Minor League Rule 5 pick so clearly the other teams in MLB are dumber than the Sox. Yermin is 3rd on the team in PA at 164, behind only Moncada and Abreu: he's getting his shot now and making the most of it. Here's a similar story to Yermin's: A former 30th round pick, he didn't make his MLB debut until age 28, when he hit to the tune of a wRC+ of 120 and 2.2fWAR in 107 games. He's gone on to put up nearly 3.5 fWAR since, including a monster 159 wRC+ in the shortened 2020 season. He had an OPS over 1000 at various stops in the minors before finally getting a chance at 28 with the Giants, after Baltimore had long ago given up on him. That player? Quite the name to be lingering around AAA when he's a 3-4 WAR true talent. It's almost like scouting players is hard, regardless of where they come from or the how they got into your org.
-
The TLR Manager Thread
Let's see who works around more people of color, this guy? At Baseball Prospectus (who I don't think even employed a single woman until a few years ago). Or TLR? Good God Twitter will be the death of me and this planet. Reading racism into TLR's comments on Vaughn is TLR derangement syndrome, there's no other way about it. I mean FFS just the other day TLR compared Jose to Pujols (big white guy, ya know?) and said it was the "highest honor" he could give Jose. TLR has done some dumbass things managing the pen lately, but this latest outrage is just comical.
-
And That's a White Sox Winner !!
It has no place at the park then or now imo. You want to get drunk and start fights step outside a bar.
-
Rick Hahn will speak to media today around 4-5 pm
Hahn was smart not to give any availability yesterday, only would have fanned the still hot coals from the Minnesota series. I'm not sure if Cishek has sources or not. I think he might but who knows.
-
Rick Hahn will speak to media today around 4-5 pm
I thought maybe it was to flush out any leakers in the FO like whatever birdie Cishek hears from occasionally.
-
And That's a White Sox Winner !!
Makes the Sox look trashy. Don't like it and hope the team finds the fighters and bans them.
-
And That's a White Sox Winner !!
he's been the stopper so far this year. You feel good when you see his name on the probables. Good signing, hopefully they can extend him for a reasonable deal if he likes it in Chicago so much.
-
5/24 Cardinals vs. White Sox
big win. kudos to lance.
-
5/23 White Sox vs Yankees
exactly. come in and get the job done. do your job.
-
5/23 White Sox vs Yankees
The bullpen has been brutal I have no problem using Bummer there at a certain point the guys at the back of the pen have to produce.
-
5/23 White Sox vs Yankees
what a shit AB
-
5/23 White Sox vs Yankees
come on one time!
-
5/23 White Sox vs Yankees
Tony's boys don't quit!
-
5/23 White Sox vs Yankees
Yea I'm going to a BBQ for PGA and NBA watching. Hope Sox can come back but its a long season sweeps will happen to good teams on the road.