Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Balta1701

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Balta1701

  1. Balta1701 replied to maggsmaggs's topic in SLaM
    Postdoc at UT Knoxville
  2. QUOTE (Kalapse @ Nov 20, 2009 -> 02:31 PM) Over Beckham, Alexei and Teahen? This isn't Darin Erstad, we actually have legit big league players at the positions Vizquel plays. I just wish I read this thread and believed you were right. As frustrated as Ozzie seemingly was with Alexei this year...
  3. QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Nov 19, 2009 -> 08:39 PM) It's a valid point, but he still needs to stop with the quick jumpers. I'm afraid this is going to get ugly. Yup.
  4. QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 19, 2009 -> 08:32 PM) I'd love to see Crede at 3rd and have Teahen take Nix's role of super sub, but it won't happen sadly. Crede put up a .703 OPS last year.
  5. Balta1701 replied to League's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    Stark doesn't talk about the Sox in this article but I thought this blurb fit here.
  6. Obviously people work for the banks. We all work for the banks.
  7. Maybe if I worked for a bailed out bank, I'd feel better about it.
  8. Something tells me the Palin administration might not even get that quality of advice in the first place. At least the Clintons got it and ignored it.
  9. Kiss a few of those goodbye.
  10. I have no idea who that is.
  11. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 19, 2009 -> 07:28 PM) Arizona fans hate the trade just as much as most White Sox fans. Really, they liked T-Pain that much?
  12. QUOTE (mr_genius @ Nov 19, 2009 -> 07:10 PM) you might want to extend that to 16years. GW and Clinton had the same corporate economic strategy. The situation we are in certainly isn't Obama's fault. But as much as you wish it was, it isn't a GOP only caused problem. You are going to have to face reality here. Bill Clinton was as much to blame as anyone for the banking bailout disaster. lol alan greenspan. I was trying to find some humor in that, in case you didn't catch on.
  13. QUOTE (mr_genius @ Nov 19, 2009 -> 07:00 PM) well you guys have some time to turn it around. good luck. I love this. Step 1: spend 8 years trying to totally destroy the country, barely fail Step 2: Lose 1 election Step 3: Give the party now in charge 4 years to fix the mess you made Step 4: If they don't...challenge them with someone even worse. I could really be convinced that the Republicans are actually working as Iranian spies trying to bring down the country if this happens.
  14. QUOTE (mr_genius @ Nov 19, 2009 -> 06:27 PM) lol, if the GOP runs Sarah Palin and she wins that would be hilarious. Not quite sure "Hilarious" is the word I'd use.
  15. Cubs trade Heilman to the Diamondbacks for minor leaguers.
  16. QUOTE (mr_genius @ Nov 19, 2009 -> 05:58 PM) Obama has one hell of a bad economic problem on his hands. All these jobs lost are basically gone for good unless moves are made. You could run a my little pony against Obama and win if the U-6 unemployment rate is at 20+% next election. Sure looks like you folks are gonna try.
  17. QUOTE (kapkomet @ Nov 19, 2009 -> 04:38 PM) The last cycle started this way too. What, with the Republicans not having an obvious candidate and winding settlign for the least-bad option by default?
  18. Balta1701 replied to League's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    QUOTE (knightni @ Nov 19, 2009 -> 05:16 PM) Wood/GMJ/Hudson/Flowers to Pads maybe. The Padres aren't paying GMJ unless we pay for him.
  19. Balta1701 replied to League's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    QUOTE (knightni @ Nov 19, 2009 -> 05:13 PM) I wouldn't trade Santana straight up for Lowe, let alone with Wood too. I hope you realize there was a bit of sarcasm there. Although, Lowe wouldn't be a bad fit for the halos; they're losing Lackey, their starting rotation is looking a bit thin, and they could use a guy who just gives innings.
  20. Balta1701 replied to League's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    Konerko to the Braves Lowe to the Halos Wood/Santana/Hudson to the Padres Gonzalez to the White Sox. Get it done KW. It's easy.
  21. QUOTE (1977 sox fan @ Nov 19, 2009 -> 03:32 PM) i like byrd but his numbers are probably a little inflated from playing in Texas He's put up OPS+ numbers of 112, 121, and 106 since he became a regular in Texas, and those are ballpark adjusted, although IIRC it slightly overweights the HR numbers. He's hit .281 and put up a .742 OPS away from Texas over the past 3 years (and remember, most people tend to perform a little worse on the road anyway). He's not likely to give us a 30 HR year. But We can probably expect an OPS of .750-.800 out of him with, you know, 15 home runs or so, maybe a few more because of our park. He'd basically be an average OF, and I have little problem putting an average OF out there in the 7th/8th spot in the batting order.
  22. QUOTE (knightni @ Nov 19, 2009 -> 03:21 PM) I'd comment, but I don't want to give too much away. I can't tell if I'm a king pin or a pauper.
  23. Find the sum of 1/n where n=1...infinity.
  24. Next question...how long would his post-draft holdout be?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.