Everything posted by Balta1701
-
9/3 at Minnesota Twins
QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 3, 2015 -> 01:44 PM) He will in the second or third or fourth and his FIP will be low because the White Sox don't have outfielders stationed in the bleachers. Huh? I'm pretty sure FIP doesn't like HR balls either.
-
9/3 at Minnesota Twins
Flyout ends the inning.
-
9/3 at Minnesota Twins
QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 3, 2015 -> 01:35 PM) He has nothing on these pitches. Just give Montas his starts going forward. NO. He's gotten a boost of 30 innings over 2014 already, a few outings out the bullpen will push that closer to 40. That's a good number. EJ, fine. Montas, bullpen.
-
9/3 at Minnesota Twins
Samardzija with 2 straight walks to load the bases with 2 outs.
-
9/3 at Minnesota Twins
LaRoche K's on a couple check swings. Leadoff single by Dozier.
-
9/3 at Minnesota Twins
1-0 Sox on weak groundout by Avi on a broken bat. Abreu to 3rd, 2 outs.
-
2015-2016 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 3, 2015 -> 01:11 PM) I guess that's why i'm not concerned about him though. There's an appeal process that seems to work with Goodell setting a punishment and then the player getting it knocked down. I almost view it as a negotiation. Goodell starts high knowing the appeal is going to bring it down to whatever length is a good compromise. And really, while I don't care that some of those suspensions got reduced, I would have been fine with what the original punishment was too. None of them were totally egregious IMO. Having the commissioner hear appeals on suspensions he originally set is an admittedly poor process but it's also one the Union bargained for last time the CBA was set. One of several things I am surprised the Union didn't make more of a push about.
-
9/3 at Minnesota Twins
Leadoff single for Eaton, Ground Rule 2b for Abreu, 2nd and 3rd, nobody out.
-
The Republican Thread
QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 3, 2015 -> 09:11 AM) He's very smart, and pretty charismatic. He's got a great hand at bringing a crowd on board. Also, his policy views are possibly the most extreme-right of the entire field, and when he's been asked relatively basic geography, political and governance questions, it has been clear he just knows very little about those worlds. He's also coming in 2nd place in some Iowa polling as of the last time I looked.
-
2015-2016 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 3, 2015 -> 12:50 PM) But again, you're asking the NFL to come up with language in a CBA for every potential violation by a player. That's an impossible task, hence the catch all provision the commissioner was given by the players. I can understand reigning that power in when it's not applied fairly or justly, but I don't see that here. I can totally understand and get behind the rationale of comparing this situation to a 1st time steroid user - you tried to cheat and even though it didn't result in wins/losses, you still tried and got caught. And just because I don't have direct proof of it, I have circumstantial evidence, including your deliberate attempt to destroy evidence that the NFL wanted for its investigation. Easy language could have been written giving the NFL the authority to suspend players and coaches for acts that violate the competitive rules of the game or something like that.
-
The pattern
QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Sep 3, 2015 -> 12:20 PM) I strongly suggest reading Steve Rosenbloom's column on the Sox today in the Tribune. It is 100% right on the money. When the executive VP says publicly he can't figure out what's wrong with the team while the G.M. is saying publicly that everyone is open minded in what needs to be changed you've got a serious disconnect...to say nothing of the disconnect between the organization and the fan base. Really good reading. The reality of course is that as long as JR owns the franchise there will not be much substantial change certainly not bringing in skilled people from outside "the family." Which means more losing, more irrelevancy in their own market and more fan apathy. Also one of the other Sox writers for Chicago Now has an interesting column on why Kenny Williams needs to go at the Tribune web site. Mark I hate reading Rosenbloom now that I'm more than 14 years old and the Trib lately has a popup video ad that I can't close, but "can't figure out what is wrong with the team" from the Exec VP fits a lot more with the team's behavior (failing to either add or subtract over the last 2 months including 3 guys who are free agents at the end of the year) than the "we've considered all options" version.
-
Hahn Speaks
QUOTE (LDF @ Sep 3, 2015 -> 07:33 AM) right off the top of my head and without thinking about it, the pirates comes to mind rarely quickly. WTF? The Pirates aren't rebuilding, they have the 3rd best record in baseball and have made the wild card game the last 2 years. No one on Earth would say that's a worse position than a 7 year playoff drought.
-
The pattern
QUOTE (ewokpelts @ Sep 3, 2015 -> 03:06 AM) Detroit traded players who had expiring contracts and no compensation picks. David Price would have had a compensation pick.
-
9/2 at Minnesota Twins
QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 10:01 PM) Damn was hoping for Montas 1-0 game against a team fighting for a playoff spot is a bit more pressure than I'd like to give him during a big league debut if necessary.
-
9/2 at Minnesota Twins
101 pitches and 3 hits in the last 5 batters. Time to pull him Robin.
-
9/2 at Minnesota Twins
Rodon starting to leave the ball up. Gotta finish it here and call it a night.
-
Fan Safety
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 09:44 PM) Luckily there is no way to notice that people at baseball games aren't paying attention... How dare you describe Alexei's defense like that...
-
9/2 at Minnesota Twins
all right another hit.
-
2015 Cubs Catch-All thread
QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 09:35 PM) Is one of those 2 going to be Greinke? I don't really see them shelling out that much for a guy who will be 32 next season. There's also pretty much no chance he gets anywhere close to a 1.60 ERA again, he's been insanely lucky with both BABIP and LOB%, with both marks being significantly off his career averages. Well I don't expect them to spend $200 million on his next contract necessarily but they've already spent $70 million on him over 3 years. Hell, counting Kershaw's current deal and Greinke's last contract they committed >$450 million.
-
2015 Cubs Catch-All thread
QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 07:30 PM) I watched one of those painful Kap & Haugh cubs deep-throating videos on CSN and they were saying if the cubs extend Arrieta & sign Price they will end up shelling out almost a half billion for 3 arms. Incredible. And they aren't young dudes. I kind of hope they do sign Price because that might actually close their window, financially speaking. 4 years from now they could be in some real financial trouble unless they get all Dodgersy. I bet the Dodgers will total that for 2.
-
9/2 at Minnesota Twins
Well, I see we got another hit that inning.
-
2015 Cubs Catch-All thread
QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 07:05 PM) Or having a horrendous trade deadline Bah, they weren't giving up any of their young players yet and that's a decision they made long ago. Even with the Nationals example I can't really criticize for sticking to your plan. Price, Arrietta, Lester looks a lot better next year and doesn't even cost them a draft pick.
-
2015-2016 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 05:52 PM) Fairly certain we will be really bad. We don't even have any wideouts right now and have zero tackles. This team is set up to be very bad. Defensively you have no anchor's / young proven playmakers. Now the hope is some of those guys emerge but this team is seriously devoid of proven (still in its prime) talent, especially in the secondary. The bright side, of course, is that sets you up for your QB next April.
-
Johnson "very much" in the mix for 2016 SP job
Rick Hahn's emphatic statement of the day: Pitchers in our organization next year have a chance at pitching for our organization next year at various slots depending on how things shake out.
-
9/2 at Minnesota Twins
Hey cmon be nice, people have been asking for Soto at DH the whole season.