Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. How is Sean O'Brien doing?
  2. QUOTE (daggins @ Mar 2, 2013 -> 05:07 PM) I thought the rationale of signing Wise to a MLB deal was specifically to not need Mitchell on the MLB team. Sometimes prospects push their way in, one way or another. Also you have to think Tekotte could also be a candidate
  3. Another day another dollar for the dodgers
  4. QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Mar 2, 2013 -> 04:04 PM) I don't understand what's wrong with being down on Flowers. You can certainly use his numbers and eye tests to suggest he's going to suck. He's shown more suck than good so far. Personally I think he's going to do just fine, but I'm no idiot- I realize the evidence suggests he might suck hard. You can't write off what he's shown us as "sample size" and "irregular playing time" caused suckiness. It's general suckfest with a lil hot streak mixed in. Even The Bridge dominated for a streak. Nobody knows dick yet, but I'm glad we have Kep and Lidstrom. I dont think there is anything wrong in thinking that he could possibly suck. Me, Wite, SS2K5, balta have all said that there is a possibility that his K rate could manifest and bring him down. But I am not going to sit here and say he is going to suck and he will hit .205 with 160 Ks, and use that as a reason to keep AJ around. AJ has his flaws as well, defensively and offensively. He doesnt walk much and cant block balls anymore, and he isnt getting any younger. I loved AJ, he had some big moments in a Sox uniform. Unfortunately it was time for both sides to move on. It provided financial flexibility for the Sox as well as gave a cheaper option a chance, and we needed to see if Flowers was the future or if he is a never-was. This team is trying to get young on the fly, and tough decisions needed to be made. AJ made the decision to take more money from a team that he felt has a little bit better shot to be competitive(although with the Angels and Oakland kicking down doors, maybe not). We will see if it was sample size or general suckiness this season.
  5. QUOTE (Reddy @ Mar 1, 2013 -> 08:46 PM) i've been waiting forever till my suspension ended to post this: and now it allllll makes sense. you "accidentally" hooked up with a crazy witch lady... right... accidentally... LOL
  6. QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Mar 2, 2013 -> 03:24 PM) The best hockey fight ever is Doug Glatt vs Ross "The Boss" Rhea
  7. QUOTE (Cali @ Mar 2, 2013 -> 02:50 PM) HOW COULD ROBIN TAKE QUINTANA OUT?!?! HE HAD A PERFECT GAME! Robin obviously isnt very interested in managing, and we should probably look for another manager before spring training is over
  8. QUOTE (southside_hitman @ Mar 2, 2013 -> 05:32 AM) I never stated that his four season define him and you misquoted me. I corrected the total at bats he has had over four seasons by 150 but you continue to bring it up as though it makes a difference. It doesn't. I explained that the statistic was misread by me since that number is right under his total at bats at baseball reference.com. But again, it doesn't matter. Flower's batting average still averages out to .205. If you extrapolate his strikeouts over a full season, he would have about 160 Ks and that concerns me. Additionally, I have watched Flowers over the past several years as we all have so my opinions as well as others have been formed over time, not just by a quick review of his poor offensive stats. I have heard all sorts of excuses for his low batting average and those are just fine, but they do not remove the concerns that many Sox fans have. And those concerns are not just based upon poor offense but his durability given his size, his weight and the fact that he has not had a full season behind the plate in the major league. Trying to turn this around or having multiple IDs singling me out as though I just invented this issue is baloney. It is not up to me or any other Sox fan to prove why we are concerned about relying on Flowers as our starting catcher when it is obvious. The fact that some "think" he will improve and hit over .250 with 25-30 home runs is fine, and I hope that is right. I am sure thousands of other Sox fans doubt that will happen. Try to accept differing opinions graciously rather than flipping into attack/troll mode. As I have said, I do not acknowledge people who do that and I will not continue to go back and forth to try to get the last word in or to engage people in a worthless, time-consuming, circular argument. In the future, if you want someone to go back and forth with, pick on someone else. Look, take your messiah complex elsewhere. If you don't want to engage in worthless circular arguments, than don't start worthless circular arguments. Don't call me a troll, and don't even begin to accuse me of having multiple IDs in order to attack your unsubstantiated and mostly conjectured argument. Thank you Also, I would love to see how you are misquoted. QUOTE (southside_hitman @ Feb 28, 2013 -> 07:33 AM) Want to talk trends? In four seasons Flowers has had 410 major league at bats, roughly one full season worth of at-bats for a starting catcher. In 410 major league at-bats Flowers has hit .205 with 160 strike-outs. Regarding AJ, nobody suggested that the reason to keep him was because of his "freak" home run number last season. He is a .284 lifetime hitter - a consistent force in the line-up against RH pitchers. And any Sox fan who has watched a lot of games over his career knows that AJ has been one of our most clutch hitters. That is not a statistic but it is was an important asset that we have now lost. By contrast, Flowers is an easy out when facing a strong reliever in clutch situations. He will be buried in the lower part of the order and might lead the team in hitting into double plays. And he isn't a load on the bases? OK, well that is your opinion, but in a head to head race, my money is on Monte TeO. I hope that Hector G and Phegley have a great Spring because I do not believe that Flowers is going to cut it. If he is on pace for his major league .205 average and 160 strike outs , that will not be enough for him to hold down a spot on the 25 man roster. You have him penciled in for .205 with 160 strikeouts based on extrapolated numbers taken from 273 at bats over the course of 4 seasons. Show me how that doesnt define him in your mind.
  9. Carl Hall isn't doing so shabby for WSU either
  10. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 2, 2013 -> 09:58 AM) Why are people still paying attention to the dollar amount instead of the guaranteed money and actual cap hit? Because everyone is dumber than you balta
  11. he definitely isnt worth the cheddar he is about to be making. But hey, who am i to argue, it isnt my team.
  12. QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 2, 2013 -> 08:53 AM) Rahim Moore deserves some of that money, if he doesn't make that bonehead play, Flacco is still just another s***ty QB. Im not arguing that Flacco is an amazing superstar worth that kind of money, but his playoff run was pretty awesome. He threw for 3 TDs and 331 yards with a 116.2 PR in that game, even without that throw, he still had a pretty good game. Plus, he didnt have one turnover in the entire playoffs.
  13. How did Toews even make that pass, wtf.
  14. QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Mar 1, 2013 -> 12:57 AM) The terrorists have won. I saw it on the news last night, it was pretty funny
  15. I did a quick search of Rays fansites, and none of them have had activity since 2009. It seems like the MLB.com forum would be your best bet
  16. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 1, 2013 -> 01:47 PM) Lower ceiling, higher floor. I cannot stand up in this room
  17. I can agree with that.
  18. QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 1, 2013 -> 01:43 PM) So how many members does that forum have? 2? 3? Look and see
  19. QUOTE (The Baconator @ Mar 1, 2013 -> 01:46 PM) Awesome, thanks! NP
  20. QUOTE (The Baconator @ Mar 1, 2013 -> 01:38 PM) Does anyone have a list of other team sites like Soxtalk? I'm specifically looking for a good one for the Rays, thanks. All of the hardcore Rays fans use this website Rays Fan Forum
  21. QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 1, 2013 -> 01:28 PM) Ive gotten tagged by the plane on 55 but not 57. Its shocking when it happens. I was just driving along and there was 3 cops on the side of the road and one pointed to me and then to the side of the road.
  22. QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Mar 1, 2013 -> 01:19 PM) Bernstein has been in love with himself for however long he's been on, I wouldn't limit it to 4 years. They don't do it in a second. But you can usually tell pretty early if the guy has a dumb opinion, once he's given it, they counter it. There aren't many times where I say "that guy was right/had a good point, they really should have heard him out." I think they limit those callers to people they know. I think we all know they have their little group of friends, Tim Baffoe(10 foot midget), Government Fromage, black physicist, and others that will call in and disagree and they accept it. Regular Joes, they rarely give a chance to get the argument off the ground before Dan is crushing them.
  23. QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Mar 1, 2013 -> 12:58 PM) Right. Hey I actually like B&B, I listen to them every day. But to act like they give any call-in dissenting opinion a chance is completely disengenuous. Bernstein fell in love with himself over the past 4 years. He talks over people who disagree with him and bullies callers, and when he really doesnt agree with them, he screams at them. And IIRC athomeboy used to intern there and did call screening for them, and was basically told to put the idiots on so that they could blow them up.
  24. QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Mar 1, 2013 -> 12:16 PM) It's absolutely hilarious. B and B don't pile on simply for disagreeing, the problem is 95% come with nothing to back up their point, or are just flat out wrong about the topic at hand. There are some very great listeners/emailers, but most of the callers (or at least who they let on the show) are idiots. Total bulls***. You can tell in the first second of a call if Bernstein will even allow any sort of discussion.
  25. I dont think ESPN could just take Abbattacola and Goff from CBS like that.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.