Everything posted by Kyyle23
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Sep 25, 2012 -> 08:42 AM) Obama needs to fix this travesty. post this in the filibuster
-
Hawk and Stone, most biased announcers
eh, nothing i didnt already know
-
Thats a White Sox Winner!!
QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 24, 2012 -> 11:02 PM) Kyle, that was perfect. I saw it two nights ago. I could see Dunn pounding White Russians like the Dude
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
Ed hochuli is just laughing right now
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
Lmao replacement refs
-
Thats a White Sox Winner!!
Way out Midwest there was this fella... fella I wanna tell ya about. Fella by the name of Adam Dunn. At least that was the handle his loving parents gave him, but he never had much use for it himself. Mr. Dunn, he called himself "The Dude". Now, "Dude" - that's a name no one would self-apply where I come from. But then there was a lot about the Dude that didn't make a whole lot of sense. And a lot about where he lived, likewise. But then again, maybe that's why I found the place so darned interestin'. They call Chicago the "Windy City." I didn't find it to be that, exactly. But I'll allow there are some nice folks there. 'Course I can't say I've seen London, and I ain't never been to France. And I ain't never seen no queen in her damned undies, so the feller says. But I'll tell you what - after seeing Chicago, and this here story I'm about to unfold, well, I guess I seen somethin' every bit as stupefyin' as you'd see in any of them other places. And in English, too. So I can die with a smile on my face, without feelin' like the good Lord gypped me. Now this here story I'm about to unfold took place back in 2012 - just about the time of our conflict with Miggy, Prince and the Tigers. I only mention it because sometimes there's a man... I won't say a hero, 'cause, what's a hero? But sometimes, there's a man. And I'm talkin' about the Dude here. Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's the Dude, in Chicago. And even if he's a lazy man - and the Dude was most certainly that. Quite possibly the laziest in Cook County, which would place him high in the runnin' for laziest worldwide. But sometimes there's a man, sometimes, there's a man. Aw. I lost my train of thought here. But... aw, hell. I've done introduced him enough. Adam f***ing Dunn
-
The end of Ozzie Guillen in Miami?
QUOTE (sunofgold @ Sep 24, 2012 -> 06:02 PM) If Ozzie is fired and doesn't manage another team, what should he do next? I can think of a lot of things Ozzie could do. He definitely should come back to Chicago. How about opening a restaurant ? How about putting him in the booth with The hawk and Stoney? How about a show on the SCORE? To the best of my knowledge, the press in Chicago still likes him. Probably bc he gives them good material to work with. He can live in the basement with Cowley. No f***ing way in hell he is announcing sox games, that is laughable
-
Chicago White Sox vs. Cleveland Indians
QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 24, 2012 -> 01:58 PM) You post more stuff about me than any other poster. Define "energy." True it doesn't take much effort or energy to post sentences, but you definitely have more posts specifically about me than any other poster by far. Thanks for the compliment. I have thought about being a stand-up comic so "amusing" is a great compliment to me. If I hated you, believe me you would know. Please resume the doom and gloom
-
Why I am optimistic on September 24
QUOTE (SI1020 @ Sep 24, 2012 -> 01:54 PM) Well reality is they just lost 5 in a row and can't put a horses*** Tigers team away. Or the reality is that the horses*** Tigers team just lost 2 of 3 at home to a team the Sox swept on the road. There are a lot of strange "reality" statements this season.
-
Mattresses
Those memory foam beds are pretty badass though.
-
Chicago White Sox vs. Cleveland Indians
QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 24, 2012 -> 01:45 PM) What are you talking about? I'm pretty sure the only mention of the word "hate" on here by me is regarding posters hating me and hating Ozzie. Your hatred of me is plain to see but where else have I called people haters? Hatred of me and Ozzie? Yes. You call everyone haters when it comes to Ozzie, yes. And you dont concern me enough for me to hate you. For me hate requires effort and energy towards someone who deserves it. You are far too amusing for that.
-
Chicago White Sox vs. Cleveland Indians
QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 24, 2012 -> 11:36 AM) Pls stop calling us doom and gloomers. The team has lost 5 games in a row and is completely in the tank entering the final few series. If the Sox won a game here and there we might not be so gloomy. To add to the gloom, do you think the Sox will have more than 18,000 fans for any of the games in this important series? So says the guy that loves to call the entire board "haters"
-
The Miami Marlins thread
I am looking forward to an Oney comment about Loria
-
Why I am optimistic on September 24
QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ Sep 24, 2012 -> 12:03 PM) Because really, the gloom is hilarious. Some of you people are posting wild, disproportionately pessimistic bulls*** with no basis in reality. Yes, the Sox got swept over the weekend. As long as they came home still in first place I was fine with whatever this weekend's result was - and they did, without even having to share it. There's no reason to act as though the sky is falling. If Detroit had swept the Twins and we had won 2/3 in LAA, it would have been exactly the same result, and people would've been saying "Detroit GONNA GET HAWT" instead of "SOX SUCK AND EVERYTHING ELSE SUX TOO" I'll take my chances with 7 of the last 10 at home against these two teams. If they don't win the division in this position with 10 games left - yes they choked. Yes, it would be a tremendously disappointing end to an otherwise very exciting, awesome season. Yes, they will miss out on some much needed playoff revenue, national visibility and an attendance bump. However, what's amazing to me is that the first 145 games of this season bought this team exactly ZERO equity with its fanbase in terms of believing in it for ONE MORE WEEK - and you're the poster child for exactly what I mean by that. and this is what we call lowering the boom
-
The Division Race - Road to 90 Wins
QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Sep 24, 2012 -> 11:03 AM) 2011 Arizona (94 wins) Lost DS 3-2 vs Milwaukee 2010 Texas (90) Lost in WS 4-1 vs San Francisco 2009 Minnesota (87) Lost DS 3-0 vs NY Yankees 2008 LA Dodgers (84) Lost CS 4-1 vs Philadelphia 2007 Cubs (85) Lost in DS 3-0 vs Arizona 2006 St. Louis (83) Won WS 4-1 vs Detroit 2005 San Diego (82) Lost DS 3-0 vs St. Louis 2004 Minnesota (91) Lost DS 3-1 vs NY Yankees 2003 Cubs (88) Lost CS 4-3 vs Florida 2002 Minnesota (94) Lost CS 4-1 vs Anaheim Very interesting. 2 world series(one win), 3 championship series, 5 Divisional series exits. baseball is indeed a funny game
-
The Division Race - Road to 90 Wins
here is an odd question. Historically, how have teams(division winners) fared that have entered the playoffs with the worst record? It always seems like the best season record team seems to get bounced(not always i guess, but somewhat frequently) due to the team expending all of their energy in season
-
How about them 49ERS!!!!!
QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Sep 24, 2012 -> 09:36 AM) That was a bad loss, no doubt about that. Anyone who watched the game will realize Ponder played out of his mind, and that combined with the 49ers historically having trouble defensively with a QB who can scramble led to problems. The D was close to making big plays on so many occasions but Ponder would barely escape. I have no doubt Harbaugh will have the boys ready for the Jets. If they lose to the NY Tebows, this thread may have to be deleted. Just FYI
-
Sox could be out of 1st by tomorrow night
QUOTE (RZZZA @ Sep 22, 2012 -> 06:22 PM) Tigers taking care of business, White Sox falling all over themselves trying to find new ways to lose games
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Sep 24, 2012 -> 06:24 AM) I don't mind him getting some snaps in general on offense but I do agree in the redzone his usefulness is not where it's needed. I dont mind if they are moving from the 20 and want to try a reverse or do something to let him play with some open field in front of him. He will just always lack that certain polish that true WRs have, and on plays like that missed TD it is glaring
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 24, 2012 -> 12:41 AM) I'm starting to get sick of Hester. There. I said it. Im with you. He shouldnt be in goal line packages ever again, especially when you have Jeffery and Bennett on the team. That was a easy TD that he missed yesterday if either of those two were targeted
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 23, 2012 -> 11:00 PM) Not really. Right call. The ref shaking off Belicheat was one of the best things I've ever seen though. Debatable call, hardly a slam dunk
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Sep 23, 2012 -> 10:40 PM) This NE/Bal game is an abomination. f*** these refs. All the way to the final play
-
GT: 9/23: Sox vs. Angels
QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Sep 23, 2012 -> 09:55 PM) It's just math greg, earlier today when the Sox were 1/2 game up it was 55% to 45%. With one game its 68% etc. Lol I think he believes someone is just throwing out random numbers
-
GT: 9/23: Sox vs. Angels
QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 23, 2012 -> 09:31 PM) That kind of happened the other night. Austin Jackson had a liner hit directly at him, he ran too far in, froze like a deer in the headlights and it flew over his head and opened up the door to a big inning. Actually, the Tigers' defense, it happened again in the 5th inning in the 1st game, and the tying run scored was a huge gift as well, even though they should have done a lot more with bases-loaded and no outs, we got to wipe out some of their bullpen and rattled Valverde and Villarreal with today's results. At the start of the doubleheader, Scherzer (6-7) was back on the mound after leaving his previous start after two innings with shoulder fatigue. The right-hander couldn't get his normally high-90s fastball past 93, but was good enough to hold Minnesota scoreless for five innings only to be let down by his team's shoddy defense. "He's still got great stuff, even if he wasn't throwing 97," Twins manager Ron Gardenhire said. "He's got the great change, a great breaking ball and everything is moving all over the place. We really had to be patient with him." Despite the diminished velocity, Scherzer insisted he isn't worried about making his final two starts, including game 162. "They kept me rested this week, so maybe that's why I didn't have my normal zip," he said. "Now I'll be back on the regular program, so hopefully that will get things back to normal." www.espn.com No, it hasn't happened yet. When it happened in 05, the sox took off. It was like the pressure disappeared.
-
GT: 9/23: Sox vs. Angels
I keep waiting for the metaphorical Sun in Grady Sizemores Eyes moment. Waiting. and Waiting. and Waiting some more