Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. Kyyle23 replied to juddling's topic in SLaM
    Video: 'The Losers' Exclusive Look
  2. QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 29, 2010 -> 05:49 PM) Pro-life, ok. Gay, not ok. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/28/m...a_n_440773.html very interesting. the mancrunch ad is more than a bit much, but it is blatant hypocrisy and predjudice imo
  3. Ha, Bryant McKinney kicked off the probowl squad for being a douche and partying his ass off instead of pretending to practice
  4. Im not gonna lie, I came out of my crazy-bag when I broke up with my first love. I did stuff that I still think about and wonder what the f*** I was thinking. I dont know if you could have put a girl in front of me that would of caught my attention for at least a month afterwards. It was bad. Of course, immediately afterwards she pressed every button possible to make me go nuts, but still.....
  5. Kyyle23 replied to Brian's topic in The Diamond Club
    *we're happy for you!*
  6. Kyyle23 replied to juddling's topic in SLaM
    I just watched "9" with my daughter. Top notch, good post-apocalyptic movie, especially since it is animated
  7. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand back to Martz
  8. QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 30, 2010 -> 01:45 AM) ESPN just said something interesting. The Bulls are the first team (in NBA history) to win 5 straight games against 5 winning opponents. Come on, you are telling me the 72-10 bulls didnt pull that off? Or any of the teams that cleared 60 wins? That seems kind of out there
  9. I watched a bit of Smackdown last night and Morrison cut the best promo I have ever seen him do towards McIntyre. It wasnt ground breaking or amazing by any means, but Morrison has always been a bit stiff on the mic, and this time he really followed through and said some interesting things that he wouldnt normally say. Of course, then he lost to McIntyre, but oh well
  10. QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 29, 2010 -> 09:18 PM) Just removed her from my contact list. When it feels safe, I'll probably put it back in, but it was really weird just seeing numbers rather than her name. I think I'm gonna go out tonight too. Maybe not get s***faced, but go out and have a few drinks and hang out. I'm not going to plan on it, but it would be pretty cool to be at the same place as her tonight with a different girl. I fully expect you to get s*** faced
  11. QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 29, 2010 -> 04:29 PM) Ha I wish. The relationship I've been in with a girl for just under 2 years has essentially come to an end. It's been hot and cold for about the past 6 months, but we've never really fought. It was mainly a matter of me being a huge POS for pretty much the entirety of the 2009 calendar year while she was actually being productive and becoming a legitimate member of society. So I had a bit of a revelation that I needed to step up and make changes, and thus far it's been great for 2010 - joined two very good business oriented organizations on campus, I'm looking for a job, and scouting out some internships. She told me last night that she wants to pursue another guy before she takes off to see if anything can bloom and the only reason she's really been hanging out with me is because she does still have feelings, but she wants to see me get on my feet more than anything, and she didn't want to hurt me. I told her that you have to hurt people as it's an inevitability in life, and I gave her the go ahead to try and get with this other guy. I don't know if he has feelings like that for her, but he may. Needless to say, I hope he doesn't, but it's out of my hands now. First true love too. Ouchers. Love sucks, there is no way around it. And the first is always the worst. You will hear a lot of cliches from people, just dont do anything stupid(drunk dialing, semi-stalking, causing tension when you are around her and mutual friends) and you will be fine.
  12. http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4869274 . I know you havent looked at Arods health chart and everything that had to do with his hip surgery last year, but until I read this article I never read anything that indicated that his surgery was potentially career ending. Is Arod just making this out to be more than it really was, or was this a very serious surgery?
  13. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 28, 2010 -> 07:49 PM) Salmons is earning a lot more. And I don't know if there's any team with that kind of cap space this year. Plus, him being able to opt in next year is not very attractive
  14. Im amazed Cubano didnt break this. He is usually 2-3 weeks ahead of the pack
  15. QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 28, 2010 -> 01:12 PM) 4.01 ERA in 204 innings last year. I'd say that's pretty good. Also in the NL, one less batter per 9. I dunno, I always thought he should of been better than he was, maybe thats why I am down on him
  16. Kyyle23 replied to hogan873's topic in SLaM
    Tippecanoe
  17. QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 28, 2010 -> 11:27 AM) He'll put up pretty darn good numbers in San Diego. I thought he would in LA and Arizona too. Heck, LAA as well. It just hasnt happened
  18. QUOTE (Tex @ Jan 28, 2010 -> 06:55 AM) http://www.texasmonthly.com/preview/2010-02-01/feature We've got another Texan to save your ass again. again?
  19. Trips is supposed to win the upcoming Royal Rumble according to spoilers big surprise
  20. QUOTE (Buehrlesque @ Jan 27, 2010 -> 03:02 PM) Yeah, I'm sure KW has some kind of midseason contingency plan also, possibly involving Adrian Gonzalez or Adam Dunn. But, short of a blockbuster move like that, wouldn't it be nice to see him address the issue now and give this team some continuity before it even becomes a problem at all? I agree, I would like to see the Sox go into the season with all of their problems addressed, but it isnt a perfect world and KW determined that at this time he couldnt patch up every problem. Im not saying that this team is great, or even good at this point, but I am willing to see what they have before I will completely write it off and jump off a bridge.
  21. QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 27, 2010 -> 12:08 PM) Right, and we lost the division. What if we had a competent leadoff hitter to start the season? And then we get a hitter who hits awful to correct it. I'd rather just pay a few mill tonot have awful production from a generally great offensive spot in the lineup. A competent leadoff hitter was not what you were arguing. You were talking about Wise, not Podsednik. Wise honestly made very little impact at all last year, he hurt his shoulder very early on, was injured for a month and a half, made "The catch", and was a bench player for the rest of the season. If you want to argue that a competent leadoff hitter cost the Sox the division last year, well I disagree with that too. the bullpen couldnt hold a lead, and the entire team couldnt hit for about a month. If you want to talk about a specific position that truly cost the Sox from the start, I think it was fields at 3B. If Beckham started the season in the majors, I think the hitting slump that killed them in May through late June would have been drastically minimized, and even then I understood why Fields was up and Beckham was in the minors. The Sox had to see if Fields was worth anything This team as a whole is constructed better than the team that started last year IMO. Because of this I think that they can weather any sort of deficiency that the lack of a true DH could bring. And like I said, IMO
  22. QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 27, 2010 -> 11:56 AM) I thought that last year with DeWayne wise. I learned my lesson. He didnt finish the year as the starter. They acquired rios and never looked back. There is a contingency plan in place at all times with KW. With Colon and Wise last year, it was Peavy and Rios. KW isnt stupid, Im pretty sure he understands what he has and where his deficiencies are, he has his reasons why he isnt acting, we just dont know what they are.
  23. QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 27, 2010 -> 11:42 AM) yes, how dare we complain about going into the year with a dh combo that is likely to have a Honestly I dont think it will end with those two as the combo, but thats just me. Thats why Im not crying about it.
  24. QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jan 27, 2010 -> 11:38 AM) If we even have any grass to begin with... this is true. according to Soxtalk, there is mud and rocks

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.