Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. Between Two Ferns with Zach Galifianakis from Between Two Ferns
  2. QUOTE (Felix @ Nov 17, 2009 -> 04:18 PM) I'm just saying that no one cares. We've gone over this argument for the past 3 years in this yearly thread and it never changes. yes QUOTE (Felix @ Nov 17, 2009 -> 04:18 PM) . You citing some no name coaches opinion about ONE game against both teams means absolutely nothing, and NO ONE CARES. no. I went to SIU, I care. Rowand, Sonik, Brian, they care. Kev, shoe, they care. Just because the team is classified mid major doesnt mean nobody cares. We are the team struggling for notoriety, for exposure, and wanting it doesnt make it wrong. You guys get it without asking for it, so it doesnt make sense to you, I get that. But we do care, we want to the same thing you have. The way kev presented it, I was giving him a hard time about it because SIUE isnt the team I would be quoting(and because he is an ISU fan ), but I totally understand what he was saying. I was saying the same thing a few years ago when SIU went to the sweet 16 and had a chance to play Illinois in round 2(but Illinois lost to Va Tech, which SIU manhandled), just saying "we can beat this team". We just want a chance to go out and play the big teams without that throwaway 2nd game in the contract(which the major schools always buy out).
  3. I cannot think of a coach that has put himself in a position to fail more times than Jauron. Following Wannstedt in Chicago, following Mariucci in Detroit, and just plain going to Buffalo.
  4. QUOTE (longshot7 @ Nov 17, 2009 -> 12:33 PM) There's a dfference between trades that could actually happen and the Cub-fan "let's trade a nobody for Albert Pujols" type of trade like this. There is no way the Angels have any interest whatsoever in PK. None. This isnt idle speculation, but rather a confirmed talk. You obviously have decided you dont believe it, so leave it at that.
  5. I did not realize he had a torn hamstring in training camp. Honestly, how can he not understand that the starting role was given to Conley if he cant play in a preseason game due to an injury like that?
  6. Cowley must be mad because we all didnt care about his preseason skits with the ballclub
  7. Gotta wonder what is hitting lesnar right now. I read a funny quote about him getting sick, something along the lines of "I thought Lesnar would call a virus a p**** and stomp on it while at the same time chop trees down with his bare hands" I hope it isnt anything that the rumor mill is talking about(steroid related tumor, think Giambi), and for some reason I keep thinking Krones disease, which would be equally impactful to him because of how rough it is on people(wild weight swings, vitamin absorption problems, etc). I hope he gets out of this and back to the ring
  8. Hmm, I wouldnt be taking the word of a coach whose team just got moved up to Div 1 last year as gospel on how great your team is, but thats just me.
  9. QUOTE (KevinM @ Nov 16, 2009 -> 06:01 PM) What do you mean by verified? meaning the guy who owns the site verified the source of the rumor, then posted it on Soxnet and soxtalk. Dont get us wrong, nobody is saying that this deal is signed, sealed and delivered. However, the homework has been done before this report was posted, Soxtalk doesnt want to be known as a site that is just throwing stuff against the wall to see what sticks and this is no exception.
  10. QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ Nov 16, 2009 -> 02:26 PM) Well any more news from the Score or B&B, or are they the same program? B&B(Boers and Bernstein) is a show on The Score 670 AM
  11. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 16, 2009 -> 02:22 PM) Well, he really should... I disagree.
  12. How much do you want to bet Bernstein turns his nose up at this trade rumor
  13. I dont think it is any secret that Vince has his boys club and those that are in it are somewhat immune to disciplinary action, but RVD really did f*** up at the absolute wrong time. RVD had been with WWE for long enough to realize that you just dont mess up with Vince if you arent in the crew. Was he jobbed on his way out? Yeah, he was. Was he the first? Nah, and he wont be the last. Plenty of guys have crossed Vince and have had their careers totally jacked around until their contracts were up or they asked for their release, Kennedy being the last that I can recall having a big push just completely flatline. I liked RVD in the ring, but as soon as he was busted with Sabu I knew he was up a creek without a paddle
  14. QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 16, 2009 -> 11:20 AM) I just soiled them again after actually reading the contents of the original post in this thread. hence the reason that the Depends brand will always be a solid stock
  15. QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 16, 2009 -> 11:15 AM) I just soiled my trousers. you say this as if it is surprising
  16. Isaiah Thomas is already cracking. Appparently he was yelling at the Tulsa head coach to sub his starters out while his team was getting drilled(they lost 81-49, at one point it was 63-25). The only problem was that the Tulsa head coach only had 8 players on his bench, so he was pretty much forced to use his starters all game.
  17. Mike North has a lot of theories. One of them was trusting David Hernandez with his employment and telling the rest of the rational world to f*** off
  18. I think the timing of RVDs arrest hurt him more than anything. IIRC it was right around the time Vince started getting a lot of heat regarding testing, and next thing you know Sabu and RVD are busted for speeding and smoking dope.
  19. SIU conference champs. Again. This time undefeated
  20. QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 13, 2009 -> 11:17 PM) Steve Stone also predicted Wood would be selling used cars by now if he didn't fix his mechanics...so he isn't always right... Maybe if he had predicted that for Prior... He may not be selling cars, but he is performing at a fraction of the level he was at in his prime due to so many arm injuries. In regards to Priors mechanics, its always going to be an opinion issue. Marshall thinks Priors mechanics suck and points to his injury problems as the proof in the pudding, House thinks his mechanics were perfect and many believe that Prior was just injury prone or on steroids. Nobody will ever really know. Also, the towel drill just became symbolic of Prior's downfall, the Tribune went on their Prior Watch craze and all everyone heard was about how Prior and Wood were doing the Towel drill and throwing simulated games. It just became a joke because of the situation that it was presented in.
  21. QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Nov 14, 2009 -> 01:32 PM) Savage has a much better chance of happening than Austin. If they threw Austin crazy cash and they gave him the schedule he wants, its not impossible. With that said, you bring in the old stars to get people watching, but then you have the newer guys go against them, and with a select few, you have them beat them. That's how the system works. You have to have legends beaten to build a new legend. I agree that is how you build a legend. However, Bischoff and Hogan have never subscribed to that theory, instead they stick to "I need to get mine". And thats pretty much how they drove WCW into the ground. If they somehow learned a lesson, then they might be able to elevate TNA to a true competitor for WWE. I just dont think Hogan and Bischoff learned any lesson.
  22. QUOTE (greasywheels121 @ Nov 14, 2009 -> 08:14 AM) I know we should have no problem filling up a thread of this nature at ST. The parents are coming up for Thanksgiving weekend, and we're having dinner somewhere on Black Friday. We ate at Wildfire in Schaumburg last year; that was pretty solid. However, I don't want to do the same place again. Fine folks of ST, I'm looking for your favs/suggestions for dinner options in the area. There are a few places near Schaumburg that you could go. RAM steakhouse, Weber Grill, there is a Italian place on Meacham I think is called Rose Italian Eatery(near Meacham and 72/Higgins). You could also head out to the new South Barrington Arboretum(Higgins and 59), and they have a Ruths Chris Steakhouse, Coopers Hawk Winery and Steakhouse, and then across 59 near 90 there are a few more restaurants like Claim Jumper.
  23. The funniest thing I have heard about this so far is that Sosa is unwilling to reveal the name of this cream that he bought from Europe, but at the same time he is talking about how he wants to endorse it.
  24. Kyyle23 replied to juddling's topic in SLaM
  25. Kyyle23 replied to juddling's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 13, 2009 -> 09:19 PM) Clash of the Titans and Flash Gordon were two of the most gawd awful things that came out of the 70's. Two of my favorite movies as a kid. And yes, now when I watch them they are campy and not very well done on the effects side, but they did what they could back then. That stop motion stuff was awesome when you were 4 years old. QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 13, 2009 -> 10:39 PM) Doesn't "Clash of the Titans" have a reputation for being a tad too close to being ghey? If you think Ursula Andress in a toga for the entire movie is ghey, then yes

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.