Everything posted by Kyyle23
-
The End of Murph
QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 04:44 PM) Murph's just an idiot. He still lives in 1993. Why? What happened in 1993?
-
THE OFFICIAL SOXTALK 2009 MLB DRAFT THREAD
You know whats weird? I just found the MLB network on my Comcast programming, and flipped it on, then I looked and realized it was smack dab in the middle of the HD channels(I dont have an HD tv) and immediately hit guide to find the normal channel. Except for some odd reason, MLBHD is working for me. Whats up with that?
-
Films Thread
QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 03:03 PM) I forgot about Buck. He, too, was great. And speaking of people who don't belong in a war movie, Simon Pegg was also an American soldier in one small scene. Really looking forward to his next movie with Frost, "Paul"
-
The End of Murph
QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 11:16 AM) Hamp was on with Zaidman a few days ago and he was even worse. It was the most emabarrasing radio I have ever heard. Its like he now knows he doesnt belong on radio and its making him even more nervous when he is on the air. Zaidman makes me uncomfortable when i listen to him. Everything sounds too forced
-
GameThread: White Sox(27-31) vs Tigers(31-26) 7:11 CSN+
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 02:34 PM) Based on Dontrelle's splits the last time he was up as a starter for an extended time, loading up on righties is the right move. From 2006-2008, lefties put up a .508 OPS against him, Righties .844. In 2007 it was even worse; lefties put up a Dewayne Wise like .355 OPS against him, Righties, .913. The only problem is...it's reversed so far this year. 5 outings...lefties, 1.114 OPS, righties....688. Yeah, but wouldnt you leave Fields at 3B and put Beckham at 2nd if you thought that Fields was the one you wanted? Thats all I am saying. The way I am looking at it now, the pecking order for 3B/2B looks like Beckham, Getz, Nix, Fields.
-
GameThread: White Sox(27-31) vs Tigers(31-26) 7:11 CSN+
Oh yeah, Fields talked himself out of a spot. Getz isnt playing and Beckham is at 3rd? Buhbye
-
Boras wants $50M signing bonus for Strasburg!?
QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 08:40 AM) so, a player with absolutely NO experience above college is comparable to a player who spent 8 years in the bandbox stadiums of the Japanese leagues? Boras needs his head examined. The guy pretty much always gets what he wants, his head seems to work just fine. I hate the way he operates, always trying to find loopholes in the system to exploit, but he is really awesome at what he does
-
Help Wife's 30th Birthday Party Ideas
QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 10:23 AM) Take them all out to play paintball or laser tag. They will delight in the opportunity to shoot you. Actually that is another thing that is pretty near me that i can suggest to you, Laser Quest is on the corner of Higgins and Roselle in Hoffman Estates. Pinstripes is a much more upscale experience, but the Laser Quest place is pretty fun, and you can have a whole bunch of people doing it at the same time. I took my daughter there for her birthday, and there was a full party of adults that were in the gameroom going nuts already. I just googled the name and the website came right up, it is a franchise
-
Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread
Favre's family and friends booking rooms for the Packers vs Vikings Just say you are playing and be done with it!
-
White Sox sign Freddy Garcia.
QUOTE (DABearSoX @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 11:40 AM) guns must have been juiced in game 162 wasnt that 162? IIRC they finished out the season with Cleveland-Detroit-Minnesota ha you edited already
-
8 teams scouted the double dip yesterday
QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 10:20 AM) You aren't going to get anything for Colon or Contreras, that's obvious. Poreda I can't see in the rotation. Richard obviously is available as he was traded before, but I really don't know if he has much value all by himself No it isnt obvious. Im not saying they could be traded in a 1 for 1 deal(that would actually help the Sox), but either of those two could go in a larger deal and add rotation depth to another team. Teams like the Brewers are always looking for arms
-
8 teams scouted the double dip yesterday
The Sox have extra starters. Colon may not be great, Contreras may not be great, Richard could be good, Poreda could be good, and there are plenty of teams out there with NEEDS
-
Third sports talk radio station a strong possibility for Chicago
North has really put all of his eggs in this basket for a while now, he was talking about webio when he was on the score It aint gonna go well.
-
Aaron Poreda called up
QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 09:06 AM) What happened to the good ol' days when guys announced there call ups on myspace? too many spam friend invites
-
Josh Fields questions future with White Sox
QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 12:35 AM) Jim Thome should indeed be the team leader. He's a big dude with the big head. Kick some ass, Jimmy. Why is he so silent since he's been a Sox. He oughta kick some butt in that clubhouse. LOL
-
GameThread: White Sox(27-31) vs Tigers(31-26) 7:11 CSN+
QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 07:57 AM) I love you kyyle....even with your commie ways about you and such... what can I say, i like the color red and i like things my way and thats it
-
GameThread: White Sox(27-31) vs Tigers(31-26) 7:11 CSN+
QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 07:54 AM) I am not even going to say anything...not a peep out of shipps...nope not a peep. are you f***ing kidding me....... What? its a full 17 minutes after I normally make a thread.
-
Aaron Poreda called up
everyone is going to get their fill of CR/AP soon enough
-
Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread
QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 07:28 AM) I just wish everyone would stop this Favre soap opera and he'd sign with the Vikings already. You know it's going to happen anyways. Its not everyone. Its Favre, and only Favre. And the teams that want him enable this behavior every damn time
-
GameThread: White Sox(27-31) vs Tigers(31-26) 7:11 CSN+
After a sighting of the Bronze Titan, Buehrle needs to come out and put the clamps on the Tigers again. Since everyone else has said it and it hasnt worked, Im going to say it now: If Beckham plays today, he gets his first hit. And I firmly believe once that first hit is under his belt, he is going to take off.
-
Chat Crew 2009
Boom steak dinner
-
White Sox sign Freddy Garcia.
QUOTE (tommy @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 06:49 PM) I don't think this Josh Fields article belongs in this thread, however; interesting to hear he thinks the organization will get rid of him. I wouldn't even play the guy anymore. good call, I created a seperate thread QUOTE (G&T @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 06:57 PM) Yeah, I found it and posted it in the Sigh thread. More appropriate. Thanks though. derrrr whoops
-
GameThread: White Sox(26-31) vs Tigers(31-25)GAME 2 7:11 WCIU
QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 06:53 PM) So I just saw the replay of Inge's game winning single. Why is Alexei playing so far up the middle for a righty hitter getting an inside fastball? he was probably shading the runner
-
White Sox sign Freddy Garcia.
QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 05:28 PM) really? why come? i just wanted to say that and have people flip out, but it didnt work. This season has taken the fight out of many
-
White Sox sign Freddy Garcia.
this is awesome news