Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. QUOTE (chisox2334 @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 05:53 PM) here was an unusually large group of reporters at White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen's pre-game session. Guillen was surprised at the large gathering but had plenty to say after one reporter asked about Dewayne Wise, who is struggling since coming off the disabled list Friday. "If they don't like it, it's not my problem," Guillen said in response to media and fans who questioned his decision to play Wise over Brian Anderson. Guillen, looking at the crowd around him, explained that Wise played in only two games on a rehab assignment before getting activated to take Carlos Quentin's spot and that everyone should show more patience with Wise. Guillen said it would make no sense to not play Wise after activating him, adding he held no grudges against Anderson. In other news, Guillen said Jose Contreras will stay after he pitches Monday in a doubleheader against Detroit. He added there are no plans yet for a six-man rotation. Quentin should be ready to come off the DL on June 10. Cite your sources
  2. Do the Pirates have a guy they are looking at to replace McLouth? I thought he was a guy they planned on building around
  3. QUOTE (daa84 @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 05:51 PM) ME and Z was so good...i really really like Zaidman.....for football theres nobody better, and hes adequate with baseball I have grown to loathe Zaidman unfortunately. He is kind of a blend now between Marv Albert and Bill Walton in his delivery, and plus he is a huge Cubs homer that has really been bashing the White Sox recently, so I have added a little extra hate in him for that
  4. I feel bad for Holmes. His sidekick dragged him down, he was making a lot of progress with his ME show, then he got his daytime slot with Hampton
  5. QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 03:03 PM) I hope there is at least a little sarcasm in this post, because I haven't seen anyone say anything close to this. You must be ignoring The Big Hurts posts then
  6. QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 02:56 PM) He playing SS? QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 02:56 PM) He playing SS? you guys are much quicker than my edits well done
  7. Is this argument moot since Ozzie is starting Anderson tonite and not Dweezy?
  8. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 01:56 PM) His walk numbers were MacDougal-esque. I don't know if that would have changed with a defined role or not, but they were over 6.5 per nine innings pitched. That is just scary. Coop definitely fixed him in that respect, but that is another time another argument. Marmol seems to of lost it for a period of time every year since he has been up.
  9. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 01:49 PM) Matt Thornton had the same problems in Seattle. I think a bigger part of the problem with Thornton in Seattle is a lack of direction. They wanted him to start, middle relief, long relief. It wasnt until he got to the Sox where they said "You are a lefty setup guy, go do it"
  10. QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 01:36 PM) I should also say that BA's so-called improvement during '06 is vastly overrated. He was getting far fewer AB's by August, and he'd given up any semblance of power merely trying to make contact. He's doing the same thing this year, so this talk of 15-20 HR, 75-80 RBI is a pipe dream. That said, he should be playing everyday, or nearly every day on THIS team, and it pisses me off that he isn't. Now is the time to get him the AB's he needs, I agree. I just want him getting on base in the 9 hole, and playing stellar D. When JorDanks arrives, BA can be a quality 4th OF, and defensive replacement for one of the corners. I'm equally pissed that Chris Getz is not getting a fair shake currently, being needlessly platooned. Getz plays when he is healthy. The guy has already broken his finger and sprained his ankle and it is barely June
  11. QUOTE (scenario @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 01:30 PM) Fill-in the blank with name of manager of your choice and you have your typical manager slam post found on practically every baseball board on the Internet. Yawn. Reality check... the team has won 90 or more games in 3 of the last 4 years. In the bottom line, it's about winning games. And Ozzie's teams consistently outperform their Pythagorean projections. So, if it makes you feel better to rag on him, knock yourself out, but don't expect to influence alot of people to your point of view. Hey, thats because everyone else sucks.
  12. Do I honestly have to point out the hummer double entendre joke that I just made regarding sexual harrassment? IT WAS A BLOW JOB JOKE. THERE, SEE?
  13. QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 12:10 PM) How many times has this been an issue for him? When he is the only reliable guy he needs to be automatic. agreed. Same thing was repeated about MacDougal too, and he never regained any semblance of the control and effectiveness that he had when the Sox gave him that contract. Sometimes guys just never are able to keep it together
  14. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 12:10 PM) I thought his mom gave that to him? lets not go there
  15. QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 11:49 AM) (Waits for someone to make an irrelevant comment about lack of sexual harassment charges vs. LeBron) well, there was a big deal about a hummer LeBron recieved in high school, maybe it wasnt a car.......
  16. QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 09:47 AM) boy I tell ya...what a breath of fresh air this game thread is.....quite possibly the greatest game thread ever created. i dont like you very much anymore
  17. good luck with your first crap.....errr gamethread
  18. I say lets see what happens in the next two weeks. I really have a hard time believing that Wise can outplay BA, his numbers arent getting any better after coming off the DL
  19. QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 08:58 AM) But won't most teams be asking for Clayton now? It is interesting that KW seems to be using Poreda as a trade chip than as a possible contributor to the Sox, and I think most of us on here like that. People can ask for a lot of things, doesnt mean they will get it Who knows what happens from this point on, all of the sudden KW has a lot of chips to play with
  20. I am starting to think that KW is wanting to replace Bart in the rotation, and Clayton is staying
  21. QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 07:45 AM) Only if there was like... zero gravity at Minute Maid Park. That left field wall is the closest to zero gravity that the MLB has
  22. QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 07:15 AM) Can you really tell me with a straight face that golf is very popular in countries of color? I couldnt even begin to answer that question. I see saying "Golf is an old white mans sport" similar to saying "soccer is a young latino sport", which, considering its popularity in Europe is pretty wrong. Golf is everywhere, its an WEALTHY mans sport IMO, someone who has the means to play the game can dominate. That doesnt mean people without as much money cannot compete, but the more money you have the better equipment you can use and the better off you are. I dont know, I think it is a incorrect generalization, and I think Tiger Woods has a lot more worldwide appeal than some here are giving him credit for because of the sport he plays. Tiger is the face of Nike and Gatorade, just like Mike was, people know who he is.
  23. QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 04:17 PM) I liked Nintendo's presser but it was all pretty equal this year. Except Microsoft gets negative points for the terrible Project Natel and sequelsequelssequelsequelssequelsequelssequelsequelssequelsequelssequelsequels. Though the latter can apply to all three of them, I thought Ninty and Sony were just original enough. Nintendo has another conference for later tonight so maybe there is still more to come on their part. Did you see anything regarding this? I checked gamespot and all they have is the first press conference breakdown
  24. QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 10:12 PM) I agree with you on that,it's not always a soccer player the most famous but it certainly ain't a golf player...I can't imagine Brazilian kids lining up to hit a golf ball like Tiger No disrespect but it's an old white guy's sport. Thats pretty odd considering some of the best players are names like Sergio Garcia, Tiger Woods, and Vijay Singh
  25. Im getting this

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.