Everything posted by Kyyle23
-
Video Game Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 01:46 PM) I'll have to pick it up today. I looooved Punch-Out. I just said screw it and started using the classic controls. Its just too much to fight all of those guys with the nunchuk attached to the wiimote(i feel like I am about to rip the cord out), until I have a wireless nunchuk im sticking with the classic controls.
-
Dayan or Beckham at 3rd if Fields can't do it
QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 01:27 PM) Fields in last 8 games: 11-for-27 (.407), .448 OBP, 3 2B Just sayin'. those numbers are stupid
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 12:33 PM) I would DP Casey Anthony. lol, so many good acronyms, so little time
-
Dayan or Beckham at 3rd if Fields can't do it
QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 12:07 PM) I've been calling pitchers stupid for a long time now. I just didn't start. I've been saying this for a longest time. All the time we see completely idiotic pitch selection when the count is 0-2, 1-2, 2-2. We see it a lot with Pierzynski and out pitchers some times. And if you read my post, there were two different points. 1.) Pitchers (or Catchers) are stupid, and instead of throwing breaking balls to Fields in breaking ball counts, they should be throwing fastballs in and above the belt. However, I have no problem if they keep throwing low breaking balls to fields in breaking ball counts because that's always been the pitch Fields can drive. 2.) The reason why Fields struggles with fastballs in fastball counts is because he doesn't pull the trigger fast enough. If you watch him, there is a slight hesitation in him, and that leads to a lot of 2-0, 2-1, 3-1 fastballs being fouled off instead of being driven. I really don't see what you don't get about my points. Disagree, fine. But don't start BS and saying I make up s*** just to make my points look better. That's f***ing BS. Im sorry, is calling someone stupid some sort of statistical analysis now? Is this some sort of Bearsox PECOTA that I never noticed before? Is that a great way to make your point now? Just a blanket "(person) is stupid, and thats why Josh Fields is getting hits now" and that works for your theories? I did notice you have been calling pitchers/players stupid for a while now, if you would read MY post, you would see that I said "You ALWAYS call people stupid...." Its an opinion, something that you decided, not a fact that pitchers are stupid. Therefore, in your opinion, pitchers are stupid, which is something you made up. So, yeah, BS. Pitchers ARENT stupid IN MY OPINION and most of them could probably run laps around you in the baseball knowledge department.
-
Dayan or Beckham at 3rd if Fields can't do it
QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 11:58 AM) What. Pitchers are stupid. Actually, pitchers don't have much control over the game anymore. It actually be more like the catcher/bench coach are stupid. You always call players stupid when what is happening doesnt mesh with what you say. How do you back up your argument on Josh Fields inability to hit a fastball(which you call fear)? By calling the pitchers stupid, hmmm, thats not making anything up, thats just calling it how you see it, huh?
-
Dayan or Beckham at 3rd if Fields can't do it
QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 11:54 AM) Also, don't start that BS with me, saying I'm gonna make stuff up to prove my point. I like Josh Fields, I've rooted for him since 05. However, I don't see a good ball player when I see him play. I call it how I see it. QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 11:54 AM) Fields is still getting breaking balls in breaking ball counts. There's no denying that. He's been getting more fastballs as the season progresses, but pitchers now a days are stupid.
-
GameThread: White Sox(24-25) vs Athletics(19-29) 7:11 CSN
QUOTE (chisox2334 @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 11:15 AM) floyd will go tonight and colon tommrrow http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=cws Is this being reported on the radio that they have switched Floyd and Colon?
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 10:56 AM) It's a she, Andrea Lyon. She's a very dedicated opponent of the death penalty. I thought I read the death penalty was already off the table for Casey Anthony? I thought she provided some info in exchange for no DP
-
Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread
An awesome collection of quotes from national newspapers responding to LeBrons game 2 game winning shot We Were All Witness.....
-
Films Thread
QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 12:13 AM) I just watched Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. I really liked it. Fun movie, I like Val Kilmers character a lot
-
GameThread: White Sox(24-25) vs Athletics(19-29) 7:11 CSN
The Sox are 1 game away from .500, the Athletics are 1 loss away from the semi-annual Billy Beane firesale. The Sox look like they are starting to develop a small swagger, hopefully the weather cooperates and they can push the winning streak to 4
-
Video Game Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (T R U @ May 31, 2009 -> 04:20 PM) Could you post the 360 stuff for us who are smart enough to own the best system out there? well if you are smart enough to own the best system out there, then why arent you smart enough to subscribe to the twitter that he is getting his info from?
-
GameThread: White Sox(23-25) vs Royals(23-26) 1:10 CT, WGN
Wait, I thought this game was over in the 2nd inning when Dejesus hit that double?
-
White Sox Winner!!!
3-0 with kyyle23-started gamethreads.
-
GameThread: White Sox(23-25) vs Royals(23-26) 1:10 CT, WGN
yeah, Pods is a HR short of the cycle. LOL
-
GameThread: White Sox(23-25) vs Royals(23-26) 1:10 CT, WGN
They have to work Bale today. He was all over the place yesterday, this is a guy they can get to if they make him work
-
2009 AL Cy Young Race
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 31, 2009 -> 03:37 PM) He's actually not that far off from last year. He's gotten terrible run support. HESAFLUKEITELLYA!
-
GameThread: White Sox(23-25) vs Royals(23-26) 1:10 CT, WGN
Thornton= Teh Heat
-
Official Squared Circle Thread
Kennedy posted a video today where he is flexing his wrists showing that he is fine, he is claiming he is 100 percent healthy
-
GameThread: White Sox(23-25) vs Royals(23-26) 1:10 CT, WGN
QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 31, 2009 -> 03:12 PM) Hell, I think this is the first time since I've been in Carbondale that the Sox have had 2 games in a row on WGN. So I said I could post. you should be at the cellar eating peanuts and drinking 1.50 drafts and watching this game. Possibly playing shuffleboard too
-
GameThread: White Sox(23-25) vs Royals(23-26) 1:10 CT, WGN
QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ May 31, 2009 -> 03:11 PM) Not that I'm saying it should be done....but you can make an argument that Dotel should be our closer. He's pitching that good this year. Dotel has done it before, I wouldnt mind if he stepped in for Bobby here and there. He certainly has the stuff and the guts to do it
-
GameThread: White Sox(23-25) vs Royals(23-26) 1:10 CT, WGN
QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 31, 2009 -> 03:09 PM) Dotel is just f***in money with a runner on 3rd and less than 2 outs. hey, who are you? who said you could post here?
-
Dayan or Beckham at 3rd if Fields can't do it
QUOTE (wilmot825 @ May 31, 2009 -> 02:56 PM) POINT TAKEN....sry Im not saying the subject is not worth discussion, i was just poking fun at your closing line, no need to apologize
-
2009 AL Cy Young Race
QUOTE (BearSox @ May 31, 2009 -> 02:50 PM) Lol, their situations aren't even close to being similar. When Greinke first came up in 04, he had a very solid rookie season. ERA below 4, 8-11 W-L, but solid periphials. Plus, he had dominating stuff. He also dominated in the minors. However, in 05 and 06, Greinke had his mental problems with depression and such, and that really set him back. He came back in 07 in a relief role, and really did good and eventually started 14 games. In 2008, he finally began to break out and became a top of the line starter for the Royals. Now, he is completely broken out, and at the age of 25, he's been the best pitcher in baseball for over 1/4 of the season. If Greinke didn't have those other problems, we could have began to see this pitcher 2 years ago! Cliff Lee on the other was 30 last year, and before that he was mediocre. He has good but not great minor league numbers, and before 08, he was just a decent pitcher. In fact, in 07 he was god awful and even got sent down at one point. All of a sudden, when he turns 30, he finally finds it and becomes a cy young type pitcher? It was most definitely a fluke year. He's decent, but no stud ace, Cy Young caliber pitcher. so in summary, before both of their breakout years, they were both mediocre, they both went away from the majors for a similar amount of time(Greinke for head problems, Lee for inneffectiveness), and both of them had breakout years(although Greinkes isnt finished yet and Lee has a Cy Young on his mantle), and the only real difference is their age You are right, nothing similar Oh oh oh, I get it, you saw the stuff they have so you know
-
Dayan or Beckham at 3rd if Fields can't do it
QUOTE (wilmot825 @ May 31, 2009 -> 02:41 PM) If Josh Fields can't handle the hot corner, which he really cannot do, who is the better option at third? Would you rather see Slayer Beckham come up and play third base, eventhough it is not his natural position? Or do the Sox bring up the 20 year old wonder Dayan who just raised his batting average to .270? The trade off for each one is that Beckham is a good bat but is going to be out of position, while Dayan is a natural third baseman but has had his struggles in Double A. I want the (un)Becks up with the big club but I do see the value of bringing up Dayan instead. Does this post serve any real purpose and does there need to be consideration between the two players? LOL, this should really be the first thing that goes through your mind before you hit submit, not the last thing that you type and then hit submit