Everything posted by Kyyle23
-
Quentin heading back to Chicago
QUOTE (BearSox @ May 27, 2009 -> 10:33 AM) This is what wiki says: Lot of good info in here about treatment and such: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plantar_fasciitis yeah I was reading this and this It is something that nags. Its probably going to bug him for the rest of the year, but it can be played through
-
Quentin heading back to Chicago
QUOTE (bigruss22 @ May 27, 2009 -> 10:27 AM) Not the season, but you put him on the 15 day dl, and go from there. If he's close to 100% then you activate him. If not, 60 day dl. Then once again you reexamine him and see where he is. Hopefully by that point he's healed. But BearSox is right, you dont mortgage his future for this season. He's too valuable to the team to exacerbate the injury. Now I dont know the medical effects it could have on him but one would tend to believe that playing on an injured heel will not heal it and will make it worse. From what I have read, plantar fasciitis is not something that goes away. You get the insoles to alleviate the pressure and play through it. I believe Pujols has it, and Thome has had it for a while.
-
Quentin heading back to Chicago
QUOTE (BearSox @ May 27, 2009 -> 09:51 AM) Personally, I wouldn't be oppossed to shutting down Quentin for the rest of the year. I think getting him 100% for next year should be our top priority for the future. I really don't see this year being worth having Quentin playing through pain and not getting completely healthy. I say the sooner we get Quentin 100% the better. So you would shut down Quentin for the rest of the year because he has plantar fasciitis? Seems a bit overreactionary
-
Matt Cain
Who did Murph have on, Cowley? http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/giants...;entry_id=40632
-
Happy Birthday FlaSoxxJim
Happy Birthday FlaSoXX! Have a birthday with an extra X!
-
Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread
QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 27, 2009 -> 02:29 AM) Anyone remember those annoying Reebok ads prior to the 92 Olympics?The Dave vs Dan commercials,this is gonna be Nike's version of that marketing flop Good call
-
Chris Young
QUOTE (BearSox @ May 27, 2009 -> 09:26 AM) I was saying this guy wasn't anything for a long time, but everyone was in love with his "5-tool potential!" Young ain't no ball player, he's an athlete pretending to be a ball player. Thats because you are a prophet and know all
-
Is Josh Fields a bust?
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 27, 2009 -> 08:51 AM) Wow, BearSox, I'm in the "Fields f***ing blows" camp, but Jayson Nix... really?!?! Yes, he ran into a couple fastballs which he pulled over the left field fence yesterday, but the guy does not have a better approach than Fields, nor does he have a better outlook for the future. That being said, Fields is awful, and will never hit higher than .245 in a Major League season. Now, if it still came with the 23 homers in 100 games pop that'd be one thing, so I guess we'll be forced to wait and see. I'll tell you one thing though. Beckham's bat will be much more valuable at 2B. I wish Kenny weren't being so short-sighted and forcing him to learn a position in the minors just to try to scratch out a division title this year. I think Kenny wants Getz and Beckham on the same infield, and I do too. Beckham is going to force his way on the field one way or another, and right now the weakest link is Josh, because Getz and Alexei have both been better of late.
-
Sports Officials ~ Who are the most swayed by superstars?
The NBA invented the Superstar call. Easy choice for me
-
Video Game Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 26, 2009 -> 03:42 PM) You need to PM me. It was rather easy. There's douchbags who do it out there and then you send them a memory card and they'll put it on there for... $8. Once I get the file (guy has great feedback from others and the rosters are updated through A-ball), you can send me a memory card and I'll copy the file over if you want. In progressive mode, the game looks better than MLB 2k9. Pm sent
-
Hey haters
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 26, 2009 -> 03:59 PM) ? they are calling out your sig as a movie spoiler
-
Video Game Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 26, 2009 -> 03:25 PM) Alright. Through some research I found fully updated rosters for MVP Baseball for the Wii (Gamecube). In my further attempts to modernize the game, I took it one-step further with the wii case design. I present, "The Bonermaker". All of the roster updates have to be done manually, right? There is nowhere I can go to upload that info through the Wii connect?
-
Hey haters
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 26, 2009 -> 11:53 AM) I remember a comical, many page thread when a bunch of fools thought worthless-ass Josh Fields should keep #22. Can we give up on him yet? I remember a comical fool thinking that the number actually affected performance
-
2009 MLB Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (BearSox @ May 25, 2009 -> 11:06 AM) Anyone see that home run by Tex the other day? WTF? There is no way that ball should have even come close to leaving the park, let alone around 10 rows up. That ball has to be juiced up. did we go back to blaming the ball again? That is soooo 1998
-
What it takes to get back into it by the All-Star Break?
The way I see it right now the Sox are a good 2 week stretch from getting back into it. Not a 12-0 record, but winning each series.
-
Cowboy Practice Stadium Collapse
So, who is going to be viewed at fault here, the Cowboys for failing to completely background check this guy at JCI, or JCI for putting this yahoo liar in the Engineering Director chair
-
Music Thread
i cannot stop listening to "The Substitution" by Silversun Pickups. I really cant remember the last time I put a song on repeat so many times
-
2009 Cubs thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 26, 2009 -> 09:23 AM) I just saw the replays from yesterday... Is there any bigger embarrassment in professional sports than the 7th inning stretch at Wrigley? Good god, find a tape of Harry doing it, and retire the whole celeb thing, except for maybe special occasions. It is a complete joke now. I think they need to move past the tribute to Harry and get one person to do it from this point forward, or go with a recording of Harry. It would probably be better to get a person to do it, they could choose from Brenly, Kasper, Santo and Hughes It has become quite an embarrassing spectacle
-
Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread
QUOTE (lostfan @ May 26, 2009 -> 08:12 AM) Going back to LeBron's buzzer beater, what's the big deal, why is everybody on his nuts? It's like people have never seen a buzzer beater in the playoffs before. This one didn't even come at any special time, like to clinch the series. I guess hitting a 3 to win a game and have them down 2-1 instead of 3-0 after losing the following game is a big deal? I think people are just assigning a level of magnitude to that shot so that if(when?) the Cavs come back, people can go back to that shot and say "Thats where LeBron saved the series for the Cavs"
-
2009 Cubs thread
QUOTE (greg775 @ May 26, 2009 -> 08:49 AM) Cubs have lost 8 in a row. Still makes me wonder: What's the longest losing streak for a team that ultimately wins the division? I still think they will win that division. -- i haven't followed the Cubs closely this year. How are Harden and Lilly doing? I know Dempster got lit last night, but is he having a bad season after last year's dominating one? Harden is on the DL, Lilly is meh, Dempster has been less than worth his contract.
-
Hey haters
QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 26, 2009 -> 08:42 AM) Why is eveyone convinced that Pods should be thrown at for using this stance? I dont know if he SHOULD be thrown at for using this stance, but I can certainly see why an opposing pitcher WOULD throw at him if he is running up on the ball. Basically it is going to make him think twice before doing it again, because if he is moving his weight forward towards the ball, he is going to have that much less time to get out of the way of the ball. A deterrent HBP, in other words
-
Happy Birthday Kyyle, Milkman, and Juddling
ah, Flash really has a way them them word thingies and metfours and animalogies
-
Bizarre Rick Pitino extortion attempt
diggin up old threads for new potshots?
-
2009 Cubs thread
Milton Bradley "The Umps are forcing me to swing at bad pitches" delusional.
-
5/24 Games (Sunday)
What happened with Viciedo? Did he get inserted as a late defensive replacement or something? I see him in the lineup with no ABs