Everything posted by Kyyle23
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ May 29, 2009 -> 06:50 PM) and one of my old law school professors is Casey Anthony's new defense attorney. I feel bad that he has to deal with that crazy broad. She doesnt seem like she is ready to admit what she did any time in the near future
-
2009 AL Cy Young Race
QUOTE (BearSox @ May 31, 2009 -> 12:30 PM) What do you mean this year's Cliff Lee? Cliff Lee was a fluke. Greinke, on the other hand, is for real and has the stuff to prove it. And what makes you say that with 100 percent certainty? The comparison is very valid, Greinke has been doing pretty much nothing until this year, and he finally put it together with his talent, which is exactly what happened with Lee last year. Lee was a very highly touted prospect, he isnt some out-of-nowhere scrub who had a nice year.
-
GameThread: White Sox(23-25) vs Royals(23-26) 1:10 CT, WGN
QUOTE (fathom @ May 31, 2009 -> 02:10 PM) Yes, we're ripping because he's looked terrible this season from basically his 4th start on. His mechanics are totally screwed, and after that start in Anaheim, I think we were hopeful he would start to improve upon them. wow, and he has had what, 10 starts? close the book, its done right? You know what, this argument isnt worth it with you. Have a nice day
-
GameThread: White Sox(23-25) vs Royals(23-26) 1:10 CT, WGN
QUOTE (fathom @ May 31, 2009 -> 02:07 PM) Yes, and did anyone say "Danks is terrible and he should be demoted/released/traded for McCarthy". dont fall back on this crap, all you guys did was rip him for 2 straight pages This thread reminds me constantly why I love the chat so much, its a damn shame I cant access it while at work and I have to read the nonsense instead.
-
GameThread: White Sox(23-25) vs Royals(23-26) 1:10 CT, WGN
QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ May 31, 2009 -> 12:46 PM) I fully disagree, as this is definitely not a Sunday lineup. And Wise is horrible, horrible, horrible. He belongs nowhere near the ML roster. Yeah, I got it the first two times you said it. Its ridiculous, give it a rest already. BA had a tough last couple of days and is getting a rest Wise is sure to spread the plague soon after the game
-
Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread
QUOTE (rangercal @ May 31, 2009 -> 12:43 PM) You make very valid points. lol
-
GameThread: White Sox(23-25) vs Royals(23-26) 1:10 CT, WGN
Do we really have to go through all of this Wise grief already? The guy was just recalled, he hasnt even seen the field but a couple of times, and people are already calling him out. He isnt replacing Quentin, he isnt replacing Dye, he is not replacing BA, he is in the Sunday lineup.
-
Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread
QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ May 31, 2009 -> 11:49 AM) OHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!1!!! Lebron's human!?!?!? That can't be!?!?!? He's 24, so what if he made some decisions that you guys don't disagree with. You all sound like he's slept with your girlfriends/wives. Those rumors dont usually start until a player has their first major FA contract
-
Happy birthday sox4lifeinPA!
i cant even remember the last time PA posted. Happy B day regardless
-
Latest Starter Linked to Sox in a Roundabout Way: Roy Oswalt
QUOTE (Jimmywins1 @ May 31, 2009 -> 11:41 AM) Oswalt's stuff is still there, he's averaging 93.4 mph on his fastball this year, which is up from 92.6 last year (just for comparison, Peavy has averaged 91.9 this year). It's been speculated that he may want a change of scenery, I think Roy is a good possibility to come to the South Side. http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/chi-3...0,5855936.story Am I imagining things, or does it seem like Cecil Cooper gets under the skin of a lot of his players? I cannot recall which player it was before, but i seem to recall this sort of thing happening last year too
-
Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread
So nobody has photoshopped a "Witness" ad yet? I expected it immediately after the game was over
-
Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread
Ben Wallace hinting at retirement Not an english major here, but im pretty sure that should be "cited"
-
GameThread: White Sox(23-25) vs Royals(23-26) 1:10 CT, WGN
We all expect a sunday lineup and a maybe grumbling and some hat tippin' after the game towards Greinke, I say lets watch the Sox become an abberation on Greinke's otherwise spectacular year.
-
Chat Crew 2009
QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 30, 2009 -> 06:15 PM) No chat today? i cant get it to open
-
Films Thread
I just saw UP with my daughter in 3D. it was great, once again Disney/Pixar manages to touch just about every emotion you have
-
Video Game Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 29, 2009 -> 11:55 AM) Has anyone played Punch-Out!! for the Wii yet? I bought it yesterday for my belated b-day present. It is just as awesome as you remember it. But damn does my arm/shoulder hurt right now edit: Nintendo is making me remember all of the character tendencies that used to drive me insane when I was a kid, aka Bald Bull with his charge attack(gotta time the stomach punch), and right now Super Macho Man is driving me nuts, he throws two short jabs when he is in trouble and it always throws me off his pattern.
-
GameThread: White Sox(22-25) vs Royals(23-26) 6:10 CT WGN
QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 30, 2009 -> 10:25 AM) Kyle, you're a hack. This is back to back games with vital information missing from the title of the game thread. Thanks to you I missed yesterday's game. I did it on purpose. And I will do it again
-
GameThread: White Sox(22-25) vs Royals(23-26) 6:10 CT WGN
Buehrle is on a roll to start the season, lets keep the Royals in the tailspin, only 3 games under .500 right now
-
Latest Starter Linked to Sox in a Roundabout Way: Roy Oswalt
QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 29, 2009 -> 09:58 AM) How has the name Hunter Pence not come up? Wanna rebuild a farm system..... I think because Houston doesnt want to get rid of him, they probably want to build around him
-
GameThread: White Sox(21-25) vs Royals(23-24)
QUOTE (shipps @ May 29, 2009 -> 07:58 AM) how dare you start a game thread at 730 you f***ing commie all hail kyyle23 last time I waited on it and NSS beat me by 2 minutes. Never again
-
Sox feel they can hold their own in AL
I think they can hold their own too, but apparently their chances arent percieved to be too good. http://www.baseballprospectus.com/statistics/ps_odds.php
-
GameThread: White Sox(21-25) vs Royals(23-24)
Lets hope the Sox continue their recent trends of taking series, and start this series off with a nice win
-
Latest Starter Linked to Sox in a Roundabout Way: Roy Oswalt
QUOTE (OilCan @ May 28, 2009 -> 10:28 PM) Bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad... Roy-Os best days are behind him. marty? Is that you?
-
Latest Starter Linked to Sox in a Roundabout Way: Roy Oswalt
QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 28, 2009 -> 10:25 PM) Someone reads SoxTalk. He did also mention that KW sent a scout to Houston, this is a little bit more than just Soxtalk.
-
2009 Cubs thread
QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ May 28, 2009 -> 04:22 PM) The Score is reporting that Sam Zell is now saying that the sale to the Ricketts group is not a 100%. Ricketts group is still having trouble working out the $$$, which of course raises red flags about what the Cubs payroll situation will be if the Ricketts group ever takes control. Of course every "news" outlet will completely ignore this and just keep saying the Cubs will add a big player at the deadline, ie Peavy What? So soliciting a couple million here and there from local celebrities isnt the way to buy a team?