Everything posted by Kyyle23
-
Sox had best returns on draft picks from 1989-1993
QUOTE (rudylaw @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 10:37 AM) We did get some palyers in those years. Still makes me mad about the srikre in 1994. That could have been our year. It was The Sox and Montreal that year, all the way
-
6/7 Cleveland Indians @ Chicago White Sox 1:05 CDT - CSN
I agree with Fields DHing and giving THome a rest. Thome hasnt looked comfortable since he hit his 550th HR
-
Here is nice solution for OF
QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 09:11 AM) We'd either have to really suck for this to happen, or Danks needs to blow our sucks off in the minors, both are very possible. sounds pornographic
-
Music Thread
QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 12:11 AM) I really do dig Panic Switch by Silversun Pickups. That album has slowly taken over my world, Panic Switch, The Substitution, The Royal We, and There is no secrets this Year are constantly on in my car. I just started checking out Carnavas again because it didnt stick with me the first time, and I found out how much I love Common Reactor as well, that song is fabulous. I dont know what it is about the Pickups, but it just takes a little while for them to sink in for me and then I realize how much I like them. Such a unique sound
- Happy Birthday KnightNi!
-
BECKGAME THREADHAM: CLE @ CWS, 7:11pm WCIU
QUOTE (Reddy @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 03:51 PM) how long did it take to type this? longer than it should have
-
Video Game Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 11:02 AM) Yes they introduced 2 new characters, Ozone and Turbo. I think the plot had something to do with preventing the bulldozing of a community center. LOL, sometimes you are just "out there"
-
Video Game Catch-All Thread
was it Zelda II: The Adventure of Link that was actually a different game that Nintendo just replaced the main character with Link? I know that Super Mario 2 was like that(which is why the story and characters were just "out there"), I thought I read that Zelda II was a similar circumstance
-
Is Gordon Beckham a Bust?
QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 10:15 AM) I was at this dismal loss yesterday. Having said that, are you kidding? It was his FIRST GAME. A little premature to bury him, dontcha think? hence the incredible amount of sarcasm present in the thread
-
Is Sammy a Hall of Famer???
I think there is going to be a lot of "Is this guy a HOFer" talk in the next 15-20 years. Sammy is just the start.
-
Films Thread
QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 09:59 AM) I was flipping back and forth between the Lakers game and Jeepers Creepers on IFC. That movie was intriguing me but I didn't watch much of it. Anyone see it and recommend I watch it all the way through? Jeepers Creepers is a pretty decent horror flick. The best part is there is no origin for the Creeper, it just comes out of nowhere. The second movie isnt that bad either
-
Is Sammy a Hall of Famer???
QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 10:01 AM) I guess I'm in the minority then, because on June 5th, 2009, Sammy Sosa is a Hall of Famer. Asdie from being at the steroid hearings on Capitol Hill, he was never linked to the juice. Was he on it? Probably, but untill it has an actual link to him, there really isn't anything to go off of. The numbers he put up during his peak were simply incredible. Oh, and before anyone brings up the cork as a reason to keep him out of the hall, I don't see how that is any different than Gaylord Perry being in the HOF after doctoring the baseball every start with his spitball... That cash exchange deal in the airport(Toronto?) was a pretty big black eye
-
Films Thread
QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 09:49 AM) Where has the movie "Bringing out the Dead" been my entire life? It was phenomenal. Good blend of humor and drama. I enjoyed Nicholas Cage's character as well, which is shocking because I make a conscious effort to avoid his films. Yeah, that movie is crazy, I remember seeing that in the theatre. My favorite scene is when he tries to quit and his boss tells him he is not allowed to quit, I was laughing so hard when he hit the table in disgust
-
Is Sammy a Hall of Famer???
Its so hard for me to say, but I would lean towards no. During the time that it was percieved that he was not on the juice, he seemed pretty overmatched in the majors(with the Sox, Orioles, and Texas), he had some moments here and there, but nothing groundbreaking. During the time he was (supposedly) on the juice, he was a terror.
-
Official Squared Circle Thread
QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 4, 2009 -> 08:35 PM) I believe it was a work as well. They have security and such, they wouldn't just sit back and watch that happen if it were real. Especially the harm that little Mexican dude would be in if Orton decided to swing at him. People would have come out to break it up, not let it play out. ESPECIALLY the WWE people who I am sure had security there for Orton as well. MARKIN' OUT TO ORTON!
-
How did Nate McLouth end up in Atlanta and not here?
I am going to try and answer the thread question as honestly as possible Nate McLouth ended up in Atlanta instead of Chicago because Atlanta traded 3 players for him, and the White Sox did not
-
BECKGAME THREADHAM: CLE @ CWS, 7:11pm WCIU
QUOTE (beautox @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 09:01 AM) channel? WCIU
-
BECKGAME THREADHAM: CLE @ CWS, 7:11pm WCIU
QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 08:41 AM) Yippy Skippy! A pitcher thats not a 22 year old rookie. Can the White Sox score runs today? Stay tuned kids!!! hey now, lets not get too crazy with the cheese whiz. Positivity is not appreciated
-
BECKGAME THREADHAM: CLE @ CWS, 7:11pm WCIU
QUOTE (SI1020 @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 08:28 AM) I understood that. Should I be worried? maybe just a little
-
BECKGAME THREADHAM: CLE @ CWS, 7:11pm WCIU
oT a cixelsid sith sdaer yltcefrep
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
I actually still like Will Ferrell, its Bear Grylls that I cannot stand at all. I could care less how many stars a comedy like that gets, they never get good ratings
-
Is Gordon Beckham a Bust?
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 07:36 AM) Think of Marty Havlat in the middle of a three on one breakaway... So you want him to think of Marty Havlat in the middle of 3 other dudes to alleviate his problem?
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 07:33 AM) No, and I don't think it'll make a lot of money either because it seemed to only begin marketing itself a few weeks ago. Additionally, I don't even think they know who they should be marketing the movie to. McBride is still a nobody in the comedy world, and Anna Friel is even less popular. I'm watching ESPN several days ago and was surprised to see a preview for an upcoming Man vs. Wild co-staring Will Ferrel. I realized then they're marketing the show to idiots. The people who tune into Bear Grylls' "adventures" and wonder to themself whether Ferrel can possibly survive the wild! Then, because Ferrel told them too, they'll see the movie. They've already seen every other one, so why not keep the trend going? Sadly, these M vs W episodes are drawing ratings through the charts. http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/06/will-ferrel...rd-ratings.html
-
Video Game Catch-All Thread
Wow, an alternate badguy in Zelda? They dont like to do that too often. There are only two games I didnt finish(Majoras Mask and Twilight Princess due to time constraints), but Ganon(or Ganondorf) has been the main antogonist in every one. It will be surprising if there is a different one I dont mind if he is the bad guy though, he is always a challenge. Its bowser that I would like to see go away
-
Films Thread
QUOTE (Sonik22 @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 02:47 AM) the hangover might be the funniest movie I've ever seen I am excited to see that for Zach Galifianakalphabet, that guy cracks me up