Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Nov 1, 2014 -> 01:58 PM) UGH. I thought Mods wanted us to make threads so that we wouldn't bury things in the catch-All Thread? Which is it? ??? A new thread was made, it wasn't combined in a catch all. That said, hells to the nos for Sergio
  2. QUOTE (Real @ Nov 1, 2014 -> 08:15 AM) Or the Sox front office is awful at scouting hitting talent. Inb4 "BUT THEY GOT ABREU". Exception to the rule. Im not gonna disagree with the premise, but i wouldnt say failing to go after Smoak and Dirks prove it. Smoak has been pretty terrible and Dirks is just a guy(who just had back surgery end his season)
  3. Thibs is gonna light this team up after the game
  4. QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 31, 2014 -> 08:02 PM) Shouldn't home teams get the calls? Every year I continue to get surprised at how bad they all(the refs) are. I don't know why I forget
  5. QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 31, 2014 -> 07:26 PM) Sweet Jesus DRose is looking good. Pau is straight up beasting too
  6. Kyyle23 replied to iamshack's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 31, 2014 -> 03:21 PM) Don't hold your breath on the s***ting thing (well, maybe do, heh) but our puppy who is now 5 months old still routinely s***s 6 or 7 times a day. And good amounts too. I have no idea how it can all come out of a dog his size. With my basset, it was his bladder. I am fairly sure it made up 96 percent of his body mass.
  7. Theo with a press release announcing that Rick Renteria has been let go
  8. QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 31, 2014 -> 09:15 AM) LOL you guys are so timid. "It's just one game it means nothing" who cares? The Knicks, whose third best player looks like a jewelry salesman, beat the cavs at their home opener after a 24-hour sportscenter marathon slobfest. It was hilarious. Well, i just dont want to get caught in a J4L trap, thats all. It was definitely hilarious though
  9. Kyyle23 replied to LDF's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Oct 31, 2014 -> 09:09 AM) I wonder if A Rod is available You shouldnt have to wonder.
  10. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 31, 2014 -> 08:49 AM) I could get why its possible, but let's remember that the Heat have had a huge disruption in their style of game as well. But of course, if Wade has a knee healing miracle they're a solid roster. At some point he is gonna have to sit. He has said that it is basically bone on bone because he got the "quick" cartilage tear shaving surgery instead of what Derrick got(repair). And now he has to pick up some slack that Lebron left behind, along with Bosh.
  11. I know not to take too much out of the first game of the season, im not burying the Cavs. Just like the Bulls, they all need to learn how to play with each other. Lebrons problem is he is used to having two other veteran upper echelon talents running next to him, and a veteran bench. He has the veteran bench, but he is starting with Varajeo and a bunch of kids.
  12. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 30, 2014 -> 07:38 PM) Let's just put it this way. If he was really a hot commodity, then another team would offer him a better AAV than his Marlins' deal and it wouldn't matter, like the Maddon situation, where he's going to be bumped up from $2 million to roughly $5 million per season. Any team crazy enough to offer him a deal would be asking him to take a pay cut, presumably. Changing the argument again, I see So what is Ozzie, a Pariah or someone who chose not to take a paycut?
  13. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 30, 2014 -> 06:10 PM) And yet one could get probably 18-20 head managing jobs in baseball and the other would be EXTREMELY lucky to get a 1st or 3rd base coaches' job. Now why is that? Ozzie isn't coaching because if he does it voids his guaranteed(good) money from the Marlins. It isn't because Ozzie is blackballed.
  14. QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 30, 2014 -> 04:48 PM) I've seen this multiple times, but what could the outcome of this be if it's deemed tampering? Cubs pay some sort of fine? I mean, I wonder if the penalty is even anything the Cubs would worry or care about. I could have sworn I heard fine and possible draft pick forfeiture
  15. QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 30, 2014 -> 03:00 PM) What team has the money to throw around that they'd pay an aging average (projection) pitcher like Shields 17 to 20 mill a year? It happens every year
  16. QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Oct 30, 2014 -> 01:26 PM) I don't think this is entirely true. Find me examples of people in the media that actually think that the Cubs are going to win the World Series because they hired Joe Maddon. I think it improves their chances. I think that Maddon is great at handling young players and making the pieces fit. I think the Cubs have enough young talent to compete starting in 2016. If the Cubs win divisions and get into the playoffs on a consistent basis, they have as good of a chance as the other teams. They might win one soon. Joe Maddon would have something to do with it if so but no he wouldn't be the "sole reason" why it happened. Bovada changed their odds this morning from 50:1 to 33:1
  17. Its true that Maddon lost a lot of games when he first showed up, but once the talent from the minors started coming up, you could tell that he had a pretty good grasp on how to deal with it. The Cubs are banking on the same thing happening, and it isnt a dumb gamble. It will be interesting to see the reaction if the Cubs stumble out of the gates, though
  18. QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 30, 2014 -> 11:50 AM) It is a misconception that Thibbs doesn't like rookies. He's gotten a ton out of young players. The big thing with Thibbs is he doesn't want rookies who don't understand defensive rotations and are black holes for our defense. That is his biggest thing. If you can play defense and allow our defense to work, you will get minutes and opportunities to further grow. Butler, Taj, Asik, etc, have all made significant impacts with the Bulls and it was driven by the fact that they were able to hang defensively. Taj was a flat stud. Great post moves, great boards, sick defense. Loved it. But I also love Taj. Oh i totally agree with this. Its just that those three specific players were noted to be behind on their grasp of Thibs defense. I expected to see them play, I just didnt expect to see them play together. Nor did i expect to see them together in the 2nd quarter. I love it, these players all need time to grow together and learn how to play with each other.
  19. QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Oct 30, 2014 -> 11:28 AM) I felt the Giants were pitching around Perez with that sequence Really? It felt like they went right after his overaggressiveness to me
  20. i still couldnt believe how early Thibs had Niko, McDermott and Snell out there at the same time.
  21. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 30, 2014 -> 09:59 AM) Most here say Sale's better than Bumgarner....while someone else said the Giants were a juggernaut (the same team that Ventura easily beat twice in the span of a week)...and if Quintana's better than Shields/Duffy/Ventura, then the White Sox should be in the playoffs on a regular basis. Yet they're not even close. yea, thats exactly what I said. Dont be mad that I disagree with your theory that KC is now an unstoppable juggernaut and Hahn betta' watch his back!
  22. QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 30, 2014 -> 11:12 AM) I agree with you there, but I don't think that is because the triangle doesn't work, I think that is more talent limitations. I would expect to see them contend for a playoff spot (7 or 8 seed)...that might mean they end up at the 9 or 10 and that doesn't mean they are good, I just don't think they will be as bad as they looked. JR Smith definitely needs to go. He is totally lost in the triangle. It will be interesting to see if he can learn it and play within it or not. I would be astonished if that cat changed his colors. he has been a "im gonna get mine" type of player the entire time he has been in the NBA. It worked great with the Nuggets because Karl just wanted the team to score as much as possible, put up as many shots as possible. The Triangle takes patience
  23. QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 30, 2014 -> 10:48 AM) ? He made one mid range jumper the entire game. He hit a few from just to the left of the free throw line in a quick spurt
  24. Kyyle23 replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 30, 2014 -> 10:07 AM) I liked T3 too. Didn't think it was a great movie or anything but it was an entertaining action flick to me. I liked T3 because it ended appropriately.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.