Sergio Santos

Buehrle>Wood

Not sorting through that clusterf*** free agent thread.

But yeah, Santos is available. He was just awful, and hurt last year. But I'd like to see him back on the southside if he's healthy as a much needed back of the pen option. I'd imagine he'd cost around 2 million.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Nov 1, 2014 -> 11:33 AM)
Good gawd no. I remember how frustrating it was watching him trying to find the strike zone.

He had great control in 2013 when he only walked 4 in 25.2 while striking out 28.

That said I certainly wouldn't rely on him as a back end of the bullpen guy, nor would I sign him for 2M....I'm not sure if he's fallen this far but I'd try to get him on a minor league contract or vet min, if that's even a thing.

Between Petricka, Putnam, Guerra, and one of Webb/Cleto/Bassitt, I'm somewhat content with our RH relievers. If we add a RH reliever I'd prefer it be a proven closer like Robertson, Jansson, KRod, or Romo.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Nov 1, 2014 -> 12:22 PM)
He had great control in 2013 when he only walked 4 in 25.2 while striking out 28.

That said I certainly wouldn't rely on him as a back end of the bullpen guy, nor would I sign him for 2M....I'm not sure if he's fallen this far but I'd try to get him on a minor league contract or vet min, if that's even a thing.

Between Petricka, Putnam, Guerra, and one of Webb/Cleto/Bassitt, I'm somewhat content with our RH relievers. If we add a RH reliever I'd prefer it be a proven closer like Robertson, Jansson, KRod, or Romo.

That's kind of a small sample size though. He was pretty awful in a small sample size in 2014. I wouldn't sign him for 2M either. I'd offer him a minor league contract at best and if that wasn't good enough then I would move on. Erratic, injury prone pitchers are a dime a dozen.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Nov 1, 2014 -> 01:58 PM)
UGH. I thought Mods wanted us to make threads so that we wouldn't bury things in the catch-All Thread? Which is it?

???

A new thread was made, it wasn't combined in a catch all.

That said, hells to the nos for Sergio

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 1, 2014 -> 02:25 PM)
???

A new thread was made, it wasn't combined in a catch all.

That said, hells to the nos for Sergio

It was supposed to be in reply to SS2K. He didn't like that the thread was made. My point was that I've been told in the past to make new threads rather than burying news in a different thread.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Nov 1, 2014 -> 04:01 PM)
It was supposed to be in reply to SS2K. He didn't like that the thread was made. My point was that I've been told in the past to make new threads rather than burying news in a different thread.

Dear Leader Jason, like me, seems to want a new thread created for every topic, especially in the offseason. I'm sure he'll be along soon in the not to distant future to lock those other behemoth threads in pht. His mods though seem to disagree but maybe not anymore. I don't know.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Nov 1, 2014 -> 04:01 PM)

It is in reference to a s*** ass pitcher, nothing else. Way to read it into it.

• 2 weeks later...