Kyyle23
Admin
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Topic: And that's a playoff series winning White Sox winner!!!
Everything posted by Kyyle23
-
2014 ♪♫ Thread
QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 24, 2014 -> 08:36 AM) Never seen a concert there but definitely going to try today to get tix. Saw them when I was at SIU and was a blast. I was at that show. A little known three piece band named Muse opened up. To be completely honest, I was ready to leave when the Chili Peppers took the stage, Foo Fighters blew them away The fact that Cheap Trick and Naked Raygun are opening up at Wrigley is tremendous, That show is going to be awesome. I watched "Foo Fighters Sonic Highways" the other day and it was really awesome, i loved the respect towards those bands, Steve Albini, and Chicago
-
Slow pitch softball thread
QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 23, 2014 -> 04:54 PM) Bad baserunning, and not hitting the cutoff man on defense. In my men's league it's hit or miss, but in the co-ed leagues I do sometimes, any hit to the OF is an automatic double because I just watch the throw and take off rounding 1st. It's rarely ever thrown in timely, or to the right person. In my men's league, you can usually swipe 2nd on throws home because everyone wants to be the OF hero who guns a guy out at home, so I take 2B on those throws every time. As funny as it sounds, hitting the cutoff man makes the difference in good and bad teams in my league. My team is usually pretty good with it, and we limit big innings by doing it. This year not so much though, and it showed in our record
-
UNC Academic Scandal
QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 23, 2014 -> 12:00 PM) Duke is an elite academic school though, outside of sports, so it seems less likely from them. I'm sure athletes there get special treatment, but I would be surprised if they had this deep a problem. Im pretty sure that Duke has a similar made up class and Major that all of the athletes enroll in. Coach K has been questioned about it a few times IIRC
-
Your 2015 Offseason Plan
5 years ago i would have jumped at the chance for either Upton. Now, i dont think i would want to have BJ or Juston on the Sox. Heyward would fulfill the Lillian Quota though
-
UNC Academic Scandal
QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 23, 2014 -> 11:53 AM) I love that they pointed out no connection to coaches. Come on, this was a #1 recruiting tool to bring in most of those players. We have classes where you dont have to do anything, I'll always keep you eligible. LOVE self-investigation Yea, they are letting the director of African American studies twist in the wind for all of it. As if she just went ahead and created this situation with no prompting from anyone.
-
**Official 2014 World Series Thread**
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 23, 2014 -> 11:10 AM) Jon Heyman @JonHeymanCBS 5m5 minutes ago Missouri, US sources: lincecum will have mri on low back/left side. pitching still up in air. http://cbsprt.co/1z1ihjy Buck and Reynolds were throwing bouquets at Lincecum and then boom, hurt. "He has worked with his father on his mechanics and delivery and he looks great tonite.......and now Lincecum has called the trainer to the mound"
-
Did Adam Dunn ruin baseball?
QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 23, 2014 -> 10:54 AM) I also heard he was the patient 0 for Ebola. makes sense, he is from Texas. that where all them people is
-
(Insert Celeb Here) is Dead
QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Oct 23, 2014 -> 09:42 AM) In a way, I kind of feel bad for her. Not for having to endure all the public scrutiny of her appearance (that's invited and goes with the territory), but how messed up inside does she and the Bruce Jenners, Kenny Rogers, Michael Jacksons, etc., have to be do that to themselves? She seemed to really get messed up when she did the Bridget Jones Diary movies, i remember she had to gain weight and lose it for the role, and she got a lot of scrutiny from it. And really, she kind of fell off the map(in the public eye) after those movies. She made movies through 2009, and nothing until her recent movie where she showed off her new look
-
2014 Films Thread
QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 23, 2014 -> 08:55 AM) P.S. Thanks i agree with this
-
2014 Films Thread
QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 23, 2014 -> 08:22 AM) Hey Kyle, so I don't have to dig through wikipedia, do you mind giving a real quick synopsis of what/who Ultron is? I would say I have a decent knowledge of the Marvel universe but I don't think really anything about Ultron. I'm guessing the one MCU movie I have not seen (IM3) shed some light on it though One of Tony Starks creations that gains sentience( in the movie). In the comics, Hank Pym(ant man) created him
-
2014 Films Thread
QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 23, 2014 -> 07:06 AM) Yea, thats the one. And with Guardians of the Galaxy entering the picture, it works. because someone has to find him QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 23, 2014 -> 07:28 AM) https://www.yahoo.com/movies/keanu-reeves-i...0673401392.html Keanu Reeves is super bummed Hollywood studios have abandoned him Rights to John Carter sequels expire http://furiousfanboys.com/2014/10/disneys-...lans-new-films/ How about make better movies, Keanu? John Carter right now is about as toxic as Batman was after Batman and Robin came out. You have to wonder who could pull off that set of books, if the Mouse house couldnt pull it off with all that money behind it.
-
2014 Films Thread
QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 23, 2014 -> 06:47 AM) In the A2 teaser, why are s Hulk fighting, what appears to be, Iron Man?
-
2014 Films Thread
The first phase of movies was more popcorn and fun entertainment, the second phase changed the game for me, especially Cap 2. To each their own, but if you are looking at it as a bunch of comic movies, you are missing the big picture
-
**Official 2014 World Series Thread**
Getting chippy in this game! Strickland should stfu, he has given up a lot of homers this postseason
-
2014 Films Thread
-
2014 Films Thread
Spader is perfect. He sounds unbelievably twisted
-
2014 Films Thread
QUOTE (LDF @ Oct 22, 2014 -> 07:52 PM) those dang freaking kids..... no respect for old men. yeah, down here they go after the people who download movies. warner bros are leading the charge. That's Marvel/Disney, not Warner Bros
-
2014 Films Thread
QUOTE (LDF @ Oct 22, 2014 -> 06:47 PM) I stop watching Warner Bros movies. but this look really good. Warner Bros?
-
**Official 2014 World Series Thread**
The Giants will just eat your soul in this postseason. Damn
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 22, 2014 -> 05:01 PM) What was it exactly? All I have heard is there was a measure designed to prevent teams from tanking, but I haven't read anything specific
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 22, 2014 -> 02:15 PM) What happened to Noah this off-season? Knee surgery. Havent heard anything much more than "cleanup"
-
What is Shields Worth Now?
QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 22, 2014 -> 02:07 PM) They are tearing apart Shields on talk radio today in KC. I am right now hearing a media host say, "He has been terrible this postseason. He cannot pitch Game Five." And he's going to get megabucks this offseason? I wish normal life worked that way. His resume is looking questionable rightnow and it will not matter a bit? Wow. No, his postseason resume looks questionable right now. His overall resume looks really good, and you dont seem to want to admit that
-
What is Shields Worth Now?
http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/...ar=0&post=1 Outside of 08(CURSE YOU JAMES), he really hasnt been that good in the postseason. And he has been a drag on bullpens
-
**Official 2014 World Series Thread**
QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 21, 2014 -> 09:49 PM) Sandoval's making himself some bank with this postseason. IIRC Sandoval is pretty much money in every postseason he has participated in. He destroyed Verlander all by himself a few years ago
-
**Official 2014 World Series Thread**
QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 21, 2014 -> 07:20 PM) Time to revoke the Big Game James nickname. Maybe it is "Pitching in"Big Game James as opposed to "having a"Big Game James. Because he does pitch in a lot of big games.