Everything posted by Kyyle23
-
2014 Films Thread
QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Jan 20, 2014 -> 09:11 PM) Which really annoys me because I think Marvel has an "Unnamed Phase 3" movie coming out the same date on May 6, 2016. Plus X-Men: Apocalypse comes out May 27, 2016. Wow superhero movies....... Having a Marvel vs. DC showdown is going to only lose money for both movies in my opinion. We'll see.........I'm guessing/hoping one of them move to another date. Their plan is to have it go up against that film, which could totally backfire if BvS is not a good movie and bury 2 big franchises
-
Rosenthal: Tanaka to Yankees
Twitter person @twitterpersontweeting It will be one of 5 teams, these are the 5 teams, they all like tanaka, but of these 5 teams it will only be Yankees or Dodgers, but maybe most likely the Cubs because they obviously bid the most even though we have no idea how much anyone bid, but then again it is most likely the White Sox but assuredly the Diamondbacks. In closing, The Blue Jays will sign him even though they technically are a 6th team, which rules them out
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 20, 2014 -> 06:04 PM) Kaplan just said the NFL might force the Bears to be the next Hard Knocks team. Which is kind of funny because Hard knocks loves controversy and Trestman is anything but controversial
-
Rosenthal: Tanaka to Yankees
a frequently touring pop star and a frequently travelling baseball player shouldnt worry that much about where their home is
-
Hahn's next move?
I think that Hahns next move is to play "99 Problems" on his itouch
-
Rosenthal: Tanaka to Yankees
QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jan 20, 2014 -> 03:43 PM) Okay you're right. Then we are better off blowing up this thread if no one can post speculation or pass information that is conjecture on people who are paid to do so. Open up a thread about my little pony, I'm sure that thread will also get to 120 pages. I just don't get why this board is turning in WSI and how people blow up posts about this topic. I'm fine not posting it anymore, I'm just saying it was never like this on this site. Have you been threatened with suspension? Post deleted? banned? No? Ok, then thank you. We are not turning to WSI
-
Alright begin
Oh boy the Tanaka thread is getting snippy, so i escape to this thread (ptatc made me edit)
-
Rosenthal: Tanaka to Yankees
QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 20, 2014 -> 03:34 PM) You forgot the part where I consulted my talking cats and got the real information. Youre just like the rest of the liberal media, cant admit that a talking cat may know more than you. I truncated
-
Rosenthal: Tanaka to Yankees
this is like following a chat transcript of teenaged girls talking about teenaged boys OMGZZZ DID YOU HEAR WHAT HE SAID?!?! NUH UH HE SAID THAT?!?!? CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?? HE IS A LIAR, FOR REALZ. HE DIDNT MEAN THAT
-
Rosenthal: Tanaka to Yankees
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 20, 2014 -> 03:04 PM) That's like saying Wite is employed by Flapship. I saw wite's resume', it is at the top. He listed you and badger as his bosses, and he used your Soxtalk screen names
-
Rosenthal: Tanaka to Yankees
QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jan 20, 2014 -> 02:50 PM) How does this guy have a job... I dont know if a ChicagoNow blog is considered a job
-
How good would they have been?
QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 20, 2014 -> 02:05 PM) George Bell hit 47 in '87 and won the MVP. Also, Andre Dawson hit 49 and Dale Murphy 44. 1987 was kind of a crazy, outlier year offensively. I looked the top 10's from that year back and 5 years prior the league leader had 31 (i think it was Schmidt). Then a few 40s, Bells big year, then McGwire and Dawson happened. McGwires ridiculous rookie year numbers and bash brother teammate screamed juicer
-
How good would they have been?
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 20, 2014 -> 10:06 AM) I come back to guys like McGwire, Palmeiro. These guys juiced quite heavily at young ages in the early 1990's or late 1980's and you couldn't tell. Palmeiro didn't really explode at all because his drug of choice was Winstrol, and McGwire didn't really start to inflate until the 1990's. His numbers when he was 31 don't look all that outrageous compared to his rookie year. Rafael Palmeiro pointed at Congress and denied juicing and a lot of people believed him because his body type didn't look like Bonds until he was caught for abusing a steroid that was supposed to do exactly that - help you build up but only to a certain extent. McGwire hit 49 homeruns in his rookie season, and nobody was getting close to the 50 homerun mark back then. He may not have had the body look, but his numbers certainly looked like it.
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
Isnt sportspickle a "The Onion" type site?
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 20, 2014 -> 12:14 PM) Yeah, I was really looking forward to that but it turned into a stinker. The Pats were running 3 wide sets with Collie, Edelman, and Amendola. That is absolutely terrible. Those guys are basically all the same player too. Welker-lite
-
2014 TV thread
QUOTE (farmteam @ Jan 20, 2014 -> 12:13 PM) I was legitimately rolling around laughing hysterically during this scene. Another great Shameless episode, minus that creepy stuff with Debbie. "Oh, you're only 13? I'm only 20, no big deal." The Debbie stuff really doesnt bother me. Each character gets a creepy storyline, Ian with Kash, Frank with fetish Sheila, Lip with Mandy, Fiona with Amy Smart, V with her mom and Kev, Carl....well all the time. Just Debbie's turn
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 20, 2014 -> 11:54 AM) As far as I'm aware, cannibalism is still illegal in New Jersey. If you make a large enough donation to Christie's campaign, he will look the other way QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 20, 2014 -> 11:57 AM) Will never happen because it's the smallest stadium by seating capacity in the league and doesn't meet minimum seating requirements for a Super Bowl. and everyone, including Chicagoans, know that it is f***ING COLD IN CHICAGO IN FEBRUARY. However, in NY, they are like "NBD. ITS NEW YORK"
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 20, 2014 -> 11:48 AM) Super Bowl is in New Jersey, not New York. Get it together people. Now I want Gov Christie to sing the national anthem as well as sub zero temps. BECAUSE WHY THE F*** NOT
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
I cant wait until New York has an absolute s*** weather superbowl. Lets get a a few feet of snow followed by negative temps
-
2014 TV thread
I do not begrudge Woody Harrelsons character for making that choice.
-
2014 TV thread
QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 20, 2014 -> 11:13 AM) I AGREE. You happy now? NOT SURE IF SERIOUS
-
2014 TV thread
holy s*** Alexandra Daddario im in love. How far you have come from Percy Jackson
-
Rosenthal: Tanaka to Yankees
im going to go out on a limb and say nothing on Tanaka's twitter feed will tell us what he is thinking about this free agency period
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
that makes me like SHerman even more. Well explained
-
Rosenthal: Tanaka to Yankees
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 20, 2014 -> 10:23 AM) Masahiro Tanaka / MASAHIRO TANAKA @ T_masahiro18 Jan 19 Theater of SKE also cry ~ ... I wonder wanted to go For some reason, these poorly translated tweets make me want him more. I want the white sox equivalent of this http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1652622...-walkoff-double