Kyyle23
Admin
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Topic: The Official Scoreboard watching thread
Everything posted by Kyyle23
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 22, 2014 -> 04:33 AM) Am I the only one that became a Sherman fan after that game? I want the Broncos to win, but I like Sherman now. After watching his troll video, i became a big fan. Especially after he took a punch right in the mouth and still sat there and laughed at the guy
-
Official Squared Circle Thread
QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 07:27 PM) Did anyone else notice the fact that Batista now rocks some tight ass jeans, got a tat around his belly button, and waxed his eye brows? Pretty sure that belly button tat has been around since before he left
-
Dr. V's Magical Putter
QUOTE (Jake @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 06:32 PM) Not too many people are arguing that this fiasco caused her to commit suicide -- there was quite a bit of lag between Hannan's last convo with her and her suicide IIRC. Either way, it is always a very complicated thing and in this case, we know that she had been suicidal before. Like you said, who knows why, though I bet her difficulty with her gender identity didn't help. I wouldn't want to try to draw a straight line between the threat of this article and her death. It isn't clear that he/Grantland was willing to publish it if she were alive. It's not a straight line, but there is a line QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 18, 2014 -> 03:47 PM) "Oh no, a reporter is going to reveal that I'm transgendered. Oh look, a plastic bag." QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 12:36 PM) I didn't notice this thread on Soxtalk until now - and yes, reading the lengthly article, it seemed, to me, that she made one last plea for the writer to come see her proof and then squash the story, and he said hell no and she killed herself.
-
Dr. V's Magical Putter
Krohl/Vanderbilt previously attempted suicide, no? There are many different reasons she could have committed suicide, among them being outed as a man, being outed as a fraud, depression. We are putting the blame on Hannan, but ultimately Krohl/Vanderbilt took her own life. Hannan may have played a part but he didn't do this to push this person over the edge.
-
Dr. V's Magical Putter
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 02:13 PM) If the author had written the article about how this person had been hiding details from their background, fabricated potentially their education, wouldn't respond to questions about their education, and came up with credentials that couldn't be checked...would that not have been a quality article? That's the thing though, it started like that. You are acting as if the author found out first that Essay was transgendered and attacked it immediately. It was uncovered on the way to trying to uncover the truth about the persons credentials, accidentally. Exposing it to business partners was wrong, but finding it out wasn't wrong.
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 01:51 PM) It's football. It should be played outside. Right. Outside in Dallas or Arizona or Tampa
-
2014 Films Thread
I think Green Lantern scared them. And it should have
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 11:46 AM) I don't think what the guy on the 49ers sideline was all that bad. Maybe it's the angle of the camera, but it looks like he doesn't get out of the way. That will happen on all most every sideline. No one is going to help you. That's not what it looked like to me, he stepped into whatever he was doing, shoulder or trip
-
Rosenthal: Tanaka to Yankees
QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 11:38 AM) They asked Bruce Levine. No, they asked Industry Sources
-
Rosenthal: Tanaka to Yankees
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 11:35 AM) Well, the last part's easy - they don't eat red meat. Kobe beef is pretty red meat
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
The guy that tripped the Seattle player, was he a coach or a player that isn't dressed for the game?
-
2014 Films Thread
QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 11:23 AM) Outside of Green Lantern and a couple smaller movies, DC film franchises have been doing great. The biggest problem for DC is they aren't making enough movies. Although I think that changes in the next few years. Outside of the Avengers I don't see anything competing with Batman/Superman. It will clean house. "Other" DC franchises are Batman and Superman, that's it. They haven't been able to get any of the other franchises off the ground. Marvel is absolutely destroying them when you factor in Spider-Man and X-Men, plus Fantastic Four on the way. I'm willing to get Spider-Man will be just as profitable as BvS
-
NBA Thread 2013-2014
It is official, the lesser Teague is gone
-
Alright begin
Kite flying would be asking for frostbite today
-
Rosenthal: Tanaka to Yankees
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 11:11 AM) OMFG WE'VE SEEN THIS INFORMATION A THOUSAND TIMES ALREADY But, not from WFAN
-
2014 Films Thread
I don't think they are worried about money, rather they are worried about successful film franchises
-
Rosenthal: Tanaka to Yankees
Lol, this is exactly why twitter is hilarious. The cubs will outbid the field without knowing what the field is bidding - industry sources
-
NBA Thread 2013-2014
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 07:52 AM) I would just like to say that I told everyone the Pistons would suck fat f***ing balls this year. So inefficient. Half the Bulls' preseason roster is still way better. I would just like to say that I told everyone the Nets would be a big Hot mess this year. So inefficient. Half the Bulls' summer league roster is still way better.
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 09:33 AM) Just think, if you eliminate the extra point, how can Tony Romo botch a snap on the PAT to lose his team the game? Lol, it would be the most underrated botched snap failed PAT ever
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
So, if you opt for a 2 point conversion, do you get 9 points or still 8?
-
Rosenthal: Tanaka to Yankees
Tanaka is talking about which restaurant he is going to for dinner
-
2014 Films Thread
DC's biggest problem was their biggest success, Nolan's batman films. The problem was he created them in a vacuum with no room for outside intervention. They had to start over, but everyone wanted Bale. Now DC is pinning everything on BvS, with Snyder directing. I liked MoS, but I'm not stupid I saw the problems with the film. DC needs to find their Joss Whedon
-
Rosenthal: Tanaka to Yankees
im just being a smartass. k0na never whored himself out to twitter like the rest of these guys we are reading. He simply showed up, dropped a bomb post, and left
-
Rosenthal: Tanaka to Yankees
QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 08:26 AM) By friends, he means himself and that he got wasted and thought he'd get a rise out of people. I mean, can we make sure it's a legit source before posting? We can speculate with the best of them. I can put out a tweet right now saying that my sources say the White Sox are close. I don't have sources, it's not true, but s***, if I'm right, I look like a f***ing genius. That's what people are trying to do right now, and they are running with and continuing on with it. There is no need to cite Ty Youngfelt or Tom Loxas. Leave it to legitimate, reputable journalists. Like k0na. Oh wait
-
Official Squared Circle Thread
I like how they are selling Big Show as the guy big enough to throw with Lesnar. They could have a good program together