Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

kev211

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by kev211

  1. Three convicts were on the way to prison. They were each allowed to take one item with them to help them occupy their time while incarcerated. On the bus, one turned to another and said, "So, what did you bring?" The second convict pulled out a box of paints and stated that he intended to paint anything he could. He wanted to become the "Grandma Moses of Jail." Then he asked the first, "What did you bring?" The first convict pulled out a deck of cards and grinned and said, "I brought cards. I can play poker, solitaire, gin, and any number of games." The third convict was sitting quietly aside, grinning to himself. The other two took notice and asked, "Why are you so smug? What did you bring?" The guy pulled out a box of tampons and smiled. He said, "I brought these." The other two were puzzled and asked, "What can you do with those?" He grinned and pointed to the box and said, "Well according to the box, I can go horseback riding, swimming, roller-skating...."
  2. anybody here think lowell used roids and thats why he sucks now?
  3. I like it when DJ does the commentary for the sox on fox not as much mistakes.
  4. QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 11:24 PM) Ya they only have 7 days to research the matchup Some of them do commentary for other teams when there not doing it for Fox.
  5. QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 09:11 PM) I know what you mean about the Fox announcers... I heard them say that AJ had the only Sox grand slam all year.... Yeah... Too bad thats wrong... What a bunch of morons... I heard that too... But i dont balme them because they dont watch every game and follow them as closely as we do.
  6. QUOTE(qwerty @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 10:50 PM) Positive. well your probaly right since qwerty knows everything
  7. QUOTE(qwerty @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 10:46 PM) Cheesus lice... crede is not a free agent at the end of the year. are you sure I could have sworn he was
  8. QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 10:45 PM) Fields' line at Birmy -- .250/.323/.414. Not exactly setting the world on fire, though those are decent after his first half. Just saying, we shouldn't be using "Fields will be ready soon" as an excuse not to get another thirdbaseman. That's not to say I'm for Lowell, 'cause I'm not. He's slumping, really bad -- heck, Scott Podsednik's only slugging .007 points less than him. That's bad. I'm actually against the Contreras/Marte for Burnett deal, too -- 'cause I don't think giving up that is worth Burnett. Truth be told, if Williams could pull of a deal that got us Guardado/Wagner and a long relief, swingman type, I'd be so pleased. Wagner is going to be the hot target in the next two-three weeks, so I'd be extremely happy with Guardado. ^^^^^^^^^ All we need is a good realiver/closer can you really trust hermanson to do this all season. We dont need a starter in the playoffs you only need 4 starters so it dosent matter about el duque in the playoffs. If Duque can pitch decent the rest of the way I will be happy because he did his job and dosent need to pitch in the playoffs.
  9. QUOTE(toasty @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 10:45 PM) I wouldnt say that just yet, crede isnt super star yet, hopefully not outrageous demands for him if scott boras is your agent you are going to be asking for outrages amounts no matter what
  10. wow just wow its fricken t-ball who cares who wins or loses
  11. QUOTE(toasty @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 10:32 PM) i dont think we want lowell either, too much money for too long of time, fields should be ready sooner, rather than later, if crede's back becomes a permanent issue Crede wont be on the team next year anyway because of Scott Boras
  12. QUOTE(He_Gawn @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 10:23 PM) ^ you seen the show, its hilarious when he says that. Ive seen that show and i thought it was so stupid it was funny
  13. Why would widger play for the second time is 2 days?
  14. QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 09:58 PM) Buster Olney was on ESPN and claimed the Sox were still in it for Burnett, and Florida is insisting they take Lowell. He said the Sox could absorb some money and spin either Lowell or Crede somewhere else. A lot of teams are looking for thirdbaseman. He also mentioned Wagner and the Sox in the same sentence. Said this is the White Sox "window of opportunity" and that they will do whatever it takes. I woudnt want lowell at all though he is doing really bad this year
  15. QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 09:42 PM) I know we all love Pods, but does he strike anyone else as just an average baserunner? Maybe he just has too much confidence in his speed, but he's been gunned down at home mulitiple times on a groundouts. usually he is going on contact i dont see a problem in it
  16. !!! You got nothing cleveland!!!
  17. I woudnt trade for a 3rd baseman unless its a big upgrade
  18. QUOTE(YASNY @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 07:40 PM) Until a deal is made, there is no reason to hold a player out of a game. I've seen them pull players off the field in the middle of a game because they had just been traded. There's no baseball ettiquete involved. If he's traded, you can't play him. Until then, you can and in most cases do so the scouts can watch him. Miguel Olivio
  19. QUOTE(qwerty @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 06:05 PM) :headshake whats wrong with him
  20. 1. White sox 2. Red sox 3. Padres
  21. the wigenator
  22. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 04:08 PM) Black Jack holds what i believe is the club record with 48. I was scared when buehrle beaned the scond guy that he was gunna get ejected and the streak would end.
  23. QUOTE(upnorthsox @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 03:37 PM) Of course Vizcaino's worth just went up, let's keep him! marte's went up
  24. QUOTE(qwerty @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 03:54 PM) Positve thing is we wil see widger. Negative thing we will see timo. Could care either way for me is ozuna. agian? we just saw him yesterday
  25. QUOTE(Yoda @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 03:49 PM) Mark Buehrle almost got f***ed in the 9th inning. Knowing how many times Buehrle has been denied of a win because of bullpen explosion my heart almost stopped for a second. Oh well... the Sox are 60-29 (31 games above) and have won the series. Let's go for the tomorrow. how dare you? lose that smiley

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.