Everything posted by kev211
-
MLB 10: The Show
QUOTE (jasonxctf @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 03:10 PM) maybe someone here can answer this question for me. I'm playing a full season (162 games) with the Sox. 15 games in Beckham breaks his hand and is out for 2 months. anyway, why does Pierre or other outfielders throw to homeplate rather than hitting the cutoff man? I hit L2 or even Triangle to throw to 2nd and they airmail it all the way to AJ with the runner moving up a base. WTF L1 is cutoff man.
-
Soxtalk facebook page
So I got bored tonight, and made this http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jose-Valenti...51750431?ref=nf
-
LOST!!!!
QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 6, 2010 -> 10:00 PM) Good point. You mean with her "It worked" line to Sawyer in the season premiere? Sepinwall fast tonight... http://sepinwall.blogspot.com/2010/04/lost...t-desmonds.html That was great, better then most of his entries.
-
LOST!!!!
QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 6, 2010 -> 10:00 PM) Good point. You mean with her "It worked" line to Sawyer in the season premiere? Sepinwall fast tonight... http://sepinwall.blogspot.com/2010/04/lost...t-desmonds.html Definitely means Juliet probably saw the opposite timeline when she died, or like someone said about dead people going to the ALT maybe Juliet was going there?
-
LOST!!!!
I honestly have no idea what to think.
-
LOST!!!!
So pumped for the Desmond episode in 16 minutes.
-
THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!
QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 06:51 PM) Ok so a banned member started the first game thread. In 2005, who started the second game thread? Capn12 http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...t=0&start=0
-
Kenny Williams is Calling for a Blackout for Opening Day
I don't think they wanted it to happen, the didn't really market it at all. I think KW just said it and someone in the organization told him no, and it was never marketed. If I was not on this website I would have had no idea about it.
-
Kenny Williams is Calling for a Blackout for Opening Day
Is it just me or do they seem to be doing a terrible job at marketing this?
-
White Sox Will Be Champions
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 2, 2010 -> 02:47 PM) Each team? I guess there could be a drunk Pirates fan out there saying "This rotation of Malholm, Duke, Morton, Ohlendorf, & McCutchen is gonna carry us all the way to the World Series!!! Go Bucs!!!!!" Yes, but the pirates just are auto canceled out.
-
1000 posts for a white sox world series!!!!
- 1000 posts for a white sox world series!!!!
QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Apr 2, 2010 -> 02:10 PM) No, I think what the Ultimate Warrior is saying is that HE needs a thousand posts before the world series? So if were like 15-40 come June and we hit 1,000 post well go on a crazy run and win the world series?- 1000 posts for a white sox world series!!!!
Is there a deadline or just by the world series do we need 1000 post?- LOST!!!!
QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 02:21 PM) Sorry. I didnt think it was that big of a spoiler. The only part that upset me was that it told you who he might have been fighting with. But you're right its not like you told me the secret to the show or anything.- MLB 10: The Show
QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 05:48 PM) Just played a 40 min game (just hitting) of suck. I was winning 4-3 going into the 9th. Jenks strikes out Aram, allows a game-tying HR to Soriano, and then allows the walk-off HR to Bryd. I am glad I just wasted 40 mins watching 90 pitches go by without swinging only to end up losing. f*** this, I am putting the strike frequency on 100% and going back to swinging at 95% of the pitches. 40 minutes? Thats a fast game for me. You lost big deal, is going 162-0 fun? I like being challenged in video games, and the show finally lets that happen. You really need to just move your hitting to rookie and play a bunch of games on that to get the strike zone down, and then when your pitch recognition is where it needs to be move to veteran and you won't have a problem. It really helps, and I don't sit there and take walks because I swing at good pitches no matter the count and rarely does 4 balls happen before a good pitch. I'm not hitting like a team .340 in my dynasty.- MLB 10: The Show
Facing the Twins the bases are loaded with Thome at the plate, so I bring in Throtan and on the first pitch Thome lays down a bunt for a suicide squeeze really game?- LOST!!!!
QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 12:35 PM) OOPS! Couldn't you have put that quote in spoilers? I had no interest in reading that. I'm fine with knowing the centric episodes coming up but I don't like plot details.- Kenny Williams is Calling for a Blackout for Opening Day
Still if your going to the game don't not wear black because you don't believe in it, wear black because a half assed blackout is worse then a full opening day black out.- LOST!!!!
QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 11:06 AM) Who's the person with that sig of Sawyer and the checklist? Wanted to send that to someone It was in Brian's but he took it off.- LOST!!!!
QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 07:13 AM) Even the on-island stuff barely advanced the plot: Jin is kidnapped (done in 2 minutes), Sun bumps her head (but could communicate anyway so who cares), Locke declares war (again, done in 2 minutes) and we see Desmond (last 30 seconds). They're wasting a lot of time with only a handful of episodes left. You left out the two biggest things Charles is trying to stop MIB, and is now on the same side as Ben they've just always been rivals on the same side I guess, and that MIB needs all the candidates to leave with him to get off. I guess that answers the question why cant the MIB leave now that Jacob is dead, it looks like the candidates keep him there too. Edit: You also left out about us finding out about them "Ceasing to exist" if smokey gets off the island. Which does that mean the world ceases to exist? the timeline they're in ceases to exist? Do they die or do they get the sickness.- LOST!!!!
QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 11:51 PM) How can an episode be termed "great" if half of it is excruciatingly boring and utterly pointless? The on-the-island stuff was solid I guess but when I just don't give a s*** about the alt. story and it drags like it did today I can't bring myself to grade the episode any higher than a "meh". I'm not going to let the ALT ruin the island for me.- LOST!!!!
QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 10:03 PM) Pretty mediocre episode tonight after an amazing episode last week. But after the last two weeks I'm really excited about where the show is headed in the last few episodes. I thought todays episode was great, and I was expecting to be let down. But the ALT is getting really old.- Official 2010 Opening Day Countdown: 3 days
QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 04:51 PM) I still think they should have made it a white out instead. White really "pops". The black is barely noticeable on tv. I thought the black looked amazing on tv. Plus white would mess with the fielders and picking up the ball I believe.- Official 2010 Opening Day Countdown: 3 days
Blackout for opening day? Really thats more off a playoff thing- 3/29 vs Angels- 9pm- CSN
Doesn't Konerko shave his goatee a couple times a season? It only takes him a week to grow it back. - 1000 posts for a white sox world series!!!!