Everything posted by kev211
-
Midwest Region
QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 21, 2010 -> 02:19 AM) Bulls***. KU was 100% more talented than UNI and got outplayed. Any team in this tourney can beat any other team if they outplay and outwork them. Yes, but UNI is a 6 or 7 seed. Do you honestly believe that KU deserved to play a 6 or 7 seed in the second round after earning the number 1 overall seed in the tournament?
-
Midwest Region
QUOTE (iamshack @ Mar 21, 2010 -> 02:21 AM) Most teams honestly aren't conditioned well enough to press the entire game. Ya not as hard as KU was at the end, but just enough. Whenever I watched UNI get pressed this year they struggled a lot.
-
Midwest Region
QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 21, 2010 -> 01:06 AM) Today showed once again that Bill Self, while maybe the best recruiter in America, is still a sketchy coach. Winning a National Championship obviously earned him a pass for quite a while, but I've seen too many of his teams lose to inferior opponents (and in cases like today, Bradley, and Bucknell, vastly inferior opponents) in the tournament to feel otherwise. UNI certainly deserves a ton of credit though. Even on a bad day for KU, it takes a really strong performance to beat them, and outside of the fact that it appeared UNI has never seen a full court press before, they played outstanding basketball today. That three point shot to ice the game was either the ballsiest or craziest shot I've ever seen, still not sure yet. The first time ISU played UNI, ISU full court pressed them at the end and started to dominate them but it was too late to do anything. Jank apparently didn't feel it necessary to full court press at all in the final game with them, but he might have been saving it for the MVC tournament if we ended up facing them but we didn't. UNI really struggles with it, and if a team was smart they'd do it the entire game.
-
Midwest Region
QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Mar 20, 2010 -> 08:01 PM) They deserved a 7 at worst in my eyes. They are a very good team. Their defense is amazing.
-
Midwest Region
QUOTE (Heads22 @ Mar 20, 2010 -> 07:46 PM) Regardless of this game, UNI still didn't deserve a better seed based on their body of work coming in. They may have been better than a 9 seed, but their resume didn't suggest them deserving any better. Their seeding screw job just screwed KU. KU didn't deserve to play UNI in the 2nd round just as much as UNI didn't deserve Kansas in the 2nd round. Thats why you have to look at more then "quality wins." Because your not just screwing the team by giving them a low seed, your screwing the teams they have to play.
-
2010 Official "My bracket rules/is f***ed" Thread~!"
Ya my bracket is f***ed, but I'm the only one in my money pool who has West Va as the champion so if they win I should win the pool.
-
Midwest Region
Missouri Valley
-
Oney Resigns; Tweets cause Sox soap opera
What exactly were the things he said on twitter that caused this?
- i am drunk
-
Winter/Spring 2009-10 TV thread
QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 18, 2010 -> 02:23 PM) I was still kinda interested in Flash Forward last fall, not since it is returning after 3 months off, I don't really care. Gonna DVR it but will watch when nothing is on. I'd suggest watching the 2 hour mid season premiere, the best episode of the show yet. Definitely got me re interested in it. Can't really say anything without spoiling it, but wow that was nuts.
-
2010 Official "My bracket rules/is f***ed" Thread~!"
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 18, 2010 -> 04:21 PM) I had ND going to the Sweet 16, but I can survive that. ^
-
South Region
CBS would f*** up the ending to a possible 15-2 upset. So glad i just dedicated 2 hours to that game for no f***ing reason.
-
South Region
Anyone else just lose the feed on CBS.com?
-
South Region
Upset Alert
-
LOST!!!!
QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 17, 2010 -> 04:44 PM) With the island under water, Jacob doesn't exist. Yep, so Jacob never touched them which means their lives never changed to bring them to the island. The differences in the ALT could be explained by Jacob not touching them.
-
LOST!!!!
QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Mar 17, 2010 -> 07:13 AM) One main revelation in the alternate reality is that Sawyer is a completely different person. He made a choice earlier in his life to be good and not evil...way before the day the flight was supposed to crash. There has to be some significance to that. Like maybe Jacob didn't touch him in the ALT.
-
LOST!!!!
QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 16, 2010 -> 10:49 AM) I think it is going to be some big epilogue. I agree Season 3 was the worst, but it also had the best season finale of them all. Yah I have a feeling its an epilogue also.
-
Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread
QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 15, 2010 -> 07:13 PM) UNLV is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much more athletic. UNLV is going to give UNI fits. I think it's going to be a fantastic game but the perimeter d is going to be difference here and UNLV I think is going to take them down. That game and the Butler-UTEP game should be two of the better games in the first rounds, those are 4 teams that could have at least made it to the sweet 16 with a better draw(the winner of Butler and UTEP is with out a doubt going to the s16) but they got matched up with each other. I stand by my statement.
-
Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread
QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Mar 15, 2010 -> 01:55 PM) That's of course assuming they beat UNLV, which I'm not so sure they will. That said, I agree they should have been ranked higher. It's a joke especially considering Cal, Clemson and ND got the seeds they did. UNI is going to beat UNLV. I know UNLV is good, but UNI is older more experienced, and a better team.
-
Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread
Any of the other Valley fans here think UNI got completely hosed on a 9 seed. Probably more like a 7.
-
Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread
I love seeing Illinois fans attempting to justify why they should be in the tournament.
-
NIT
Hopefully O realizes this is the last time he's going to be wearing this uniform and shows up.
-
MLB 10: The Show
QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 06:04 PM) So I can kill Lincecum, and now Verlander apparently. Maybe I am just getting better at hitting, but Verlander finished with 4 1/3 IP, 7 R, 10 H. I got a HR by Quentin, and 2 triples by AJ. Yes, 2 triples! (We are playing at Comerica, and he is killing that RCF gap.). I might win my first game ever! I am currently up 7-2 in the 5th. See I can't score in that game to save my life, but I have no problem holding the CPU to 1 run or less so I always manage to win 1-0, 2-0, or 2-1.
-
LOST!!!!
QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 02:39 PM) I'm pretty sure they said they were done with flashbacks and forwards There were a few episodes in season 4 that were not flash forwards So they don't always follow the usual way the season has been working the flash whatever it is that season. And Darlton has lied to us before.
-
Video Game Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (BFirebird @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 12:57 PM) Could they get sued for that? It looks a lot like Nintendo's controller. As long as it doesn't work the same way, which I don't believe it does I think they're in the clear.