Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

kev211

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by kev211

  1. kev211 replied to Quin's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 11:55 PM) I completed every advancement goal since about mid-June. I got the same email almost every advancement period about being ready, but keeping me in AA to boost confidence.... Well at least your confidence is boosted
  2. kev211 replied to Quin's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 10:52 PM) Ok, I am setting fire to Kenny's house...... I stayed in AA Birmingham the WHOLE DAMN YEAR. My final stats of the reg. season..... 19-3, 2.03 ERA, 5 CG, 3 SO, 195 IP, 183 hits, 7 HR, 15 BB, 132 K, 1.01 WHIP And Daniel Cabrera got promoted before I did....... Time for the playoffs, I hope we lose. It's more about meeting your advancement goals, then stats. Usually if you meet every goal, and have good stats in that advancement period youll get moved up.
  3. kev211 replied to Quin's topic in SLaM
    So annoying I'm on the verge on the majors, but I just can't seem to earn that promotion. I'm a 1B and in the beginning of my 3rd year in the minors currently starting for the round rock express(astros AAA). I've been traded twice so far.
  4. Floating realignment is the stupidest thing I have ever heard of.
  5. kev211 replied to retro1983hat's topic in SLaM
    Also to the writers are making this up as they go along crowd. Jack tried committing suicide in the season 3 finale only to be stopped by that car accident. John Locke tried committing suicide last season, but then Ben showed up to stop it. So maybe it's not the best evidence, but Richard said they cannot commit suicide if they've been touched by Jacob and thats been backed up by the past episodes.
  6. kev211 replied to retro1983hat's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Reddy @ Mar 9, 2010 -> 11:36 PM) i thought that was emmy worthy. Yes, I love Michael Emerson The Jack and Richard scene in the blackrock with the dynamite is one of the best scenes ever on the show.
  7. kev211 replied to retro1983hat's topic in SLaM
    Everyone I watched with thought tonight's episode was slow and boring, but I liked it. I like that Ben got a chance to make up for having Alex killed, by giving up his chance at principal to make sure she got into Yale. When he opened up to Illana I thought that was great too.
  8. kev211 replied to retro1983hat's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Mar 9, 2010 -> 07:40 PM) In what way was he special? And we got a small bit of information on Dharma. We know they don't like the Others, took over a big part of the land for scientific research and that's it. Just because Sawyer & Co. were wearing Dharma jumpsuits the whole season doesn't mean much at all. He's special so thats why the others wanted him, and its why he killed the birds in the minisode or whatever. I honestly couldn't care less about the Walt story line so I'm glad they phased it out for now. They were in Dharma, and we pretty much know a lot about Dharma from it so its not that they were building jump suits. And it's not like they haven't been building up the smoke monster and Jacob throughout all the years. I don't get why we need to know everything about Dharma.
  9. kev211 replied to retro1983hat's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Mar 9, 2010 -> 07:29 PM) The only part I do mind is that they have huge holes that they have seemed to ignore. Dharma was built up to being something huge, and then it's ignored. Walt was built into something huge(from what I heard, I only watched Season 1, hated the show because it was so damn slow and then returned back for Season 4 and 5), and he's gone completely ignored. Maybe everything will eventually still tie in. If not, the writers failed somewhat. I know not every question will get answered. But I think the ones that hyped up, should be. Walt was never really built into anything huge just that he's special or something. I don't really get why people feel robbed of dharma we just got an entire season of them last season.
  10. kev211 replied to Quin's topic in SLaM
    Yes I guess fastball low all the time too, unless I'm facing a relief pitcher with two fastballs and an off speed pitch. Then I guess the offspeed so I know if the pitch is going to be a fastball or if I should wait on it.
  11. kev211 replied to retro1983hat's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Mar 9, 2010 -> 03:57 PM) Howard Stern was talking this morning about the writers not having any idea how the show will end........I am starting to think I agree. In the strory arc Ben was to be in four episodes. People liked him and he was written in more. They obviously write the episodes and figure out what the main plot of each season is as they go along, but I believe and still believe they had a master plan as the series went a long. Once they saw how great Emerson was they probably realized how great of a leader of the others he would be and wrote him in to be that. I doubt they just magically decided to have a leader of the others, and probably had plans for that role and decided that Michael Emerson would be perfect in it. Either way I don't really understand why people get upset if the writers make it up as they go a long, what show on TV isn't written that way? The show is still awesome weather they made up everything 2 days ago or 6 years ago. Can't wait for the Ben centric tonight, Ben's episodes are always the best.
  12. kev211 replied to Quin's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Mar 9, 2010 -> 12:13 AM) Someone teach me how to hit. I keep chasing on crap pitches. How do I learn pitch recognition. Lower hitting difficulty to rookie for a few games, timing only matters there. Just focus on swinging if it looks like its in the zone. Then try without guessing pitches to start getting the timing down. Once you get that figured out move back up to veteran because getting timing and strike zone recognition down while also worry about getting the location of the pitch with the analog is impossible, thats what I did last year and this year to improve my hitting. Then again I'm still really s***ty at hitting haha.
  13. kev211 replied to Quin's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 8, 2010 -> 02:31 PM) Graphics are basically the same, or at least not enough to notice without playing the game side by side. Gameplay is virtually the same too. However, having Home Run Derby (most fun I have had) RTTS pitching and fielding training, online leagues, + all the little nuances (umps gather together and have video review for Fair/Foul HR calls, catchers taking masks off to field, pitchers actually being struck by line drives, fielders helping eachother out of hard plays, ect). False, they're noticeably better. The players look better this year too. Gameplay is virtually the same though.
  14. QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Mar 6, 2010 -> 04:22 PM) Please, a closer is a lot easier to replace then Joe Maur or Justin Moreneu. Hell, i could even argue that Baker contributes more to the team then Nathan. He's a good-to-great pitcher, but he gives you 5 innings a week if you play your cards right. And those 5 innings a week, are usually the most important 5 innings of the week.
  15. QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Mar 6, 2010 -> 07:32 PM) I posted it when they cut the lead to 2. Sorry my bad I was pissed after the game and obviously just looked at that as a jab at the ISU fans. I still have no idea why Lloyd Phillips let whoever it was at the end make the basket with no contact to put them up by 4, when he should have destroyed him and put him on the line.
  16. QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Mar 6, 2010 -> 06:11 PM) ISU is making this a wonderful wonderful ending.. That was completely necessary.
  17. This may be the most frustrating basketball team I've ever watched.
  18. QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Mar 6, 2010 -> 03:38 PM) "The Cubs dont overhype their prospects" - Cubs announcers. LOL I laughed when I heard it.
  19. QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Mar 6, 2010 -> 02:09 PM) bomb Q Wrong game
  20. Jones singles, steals, kotsay doubles him home 3-0
  21. Lets give the ball to Dinma early and often today.
  22. QUOTE (OsweGo-Go Sox @ Mar 6, 2010 -> 11:28 AM) Watch the Cubs game live and catch the Dodgers game later on MLBN (if it isn't blacked out). The Dodgers game isn't live on MLBN, though it's live on DirecTV channel 694. Though I assume you, like me, are also going to watch the ISU game somewhere in there. I am probably going to flip between the two Sox games, and by the time the ISU game starts all the scrubs will be in anyway. I figure I'll primarily be watching the Cubs game so I will DVR the Dodgers one. Yes, that's the plan by the time ISU is on I wont be watching the white sox anymore. Go you Redbirds.
  23. What game do I watch later today. Cubs on WGN? or Dodgers on MLB network? Two different white sox games on two different channels each live.
  24. Birds win 69-65... Uni vs Bradley 1pm ISU vs Wichita 4pm
  25. QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 5, 2010 -> 09:32 PM) I started to get ready to go out tonight and all the sudden you guys are tied. Nice spurt to end the half it looks like. Austin Hill scored 10 points in about 2 minute to tie the game single handidly. It all happened so fast, I'm like shocked.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.