Midwest Region

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We got f***ed. Tennessee is not a 6 seed. I didn't and still don't expect to do much in the tournament, but our seed is some bulls***. We beat the top 2 seeds in the tournament this year - Kansas without 4 of our players (including our best to start the year) and Kentucky. No one else in the country has done that.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Mar 14, 2010 -> 07:52 PM)
UNI has very little in the way of quality wins. VERY little.

ODU and Siena are two pretty solid ooc wins. And no matter how you feel about the Valley, it's still the 9th ranked conference this year and they absolutely destroyed everyone in the regular season and won the conference tournament. They also have the 17th rpi and are 4 and 1 against the top 50. They deserved a 7 seed.

That being said, they got a terrible matchup in the first round. The one thing that UNI doesn't have is athletic guards and that's exactly what UNLV does have. UNLV is absolutely fantastic guarding the perimeter and with their length and quickness, I think they're going to give UNI fits. UNI has the advantage in the post but overall I think UNLV is just going to be too tough, I do think it's going to be a fantastic game though.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 14, 2010 -> 09:06 PM)
ODU and Siena are two pretty solid ooc wins. And no matter how you feel about the Valley, it's still the 9th ranked conference this year and they absolutely destroyed everyone in the regular season and won the conference tournament. They also have the 17th rpi and are 4 and 1 against the top 50. They deserved a 7 seed.

That being said, they got a terrible matchup in the first round. The one thing that UNI doesn't have is athletic guards and that's exactly what UNLV does have. UNLV is absolutely fantastic guarding the perimeter and with their length and quickness, I think they're going to give UNI fits. UNI has the advantage in the post but overall I think UNLV is just going to be too tough, I do think it's going to be a fantastic game though.

They definitely deserved a higher seed than freaking California.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 14, 2010 -> 09:06 PM)

The best high major team they beat is BC, followed by Iowa State.

Maybe if UNI didn't just suck at weird times (DePaul, Evansville) I'd say they deserve higher, but ya gotta beat someone better than those two teams (who I ironically both have going Sweet 16)

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Mar 14, 2010 -> 05:48 PM)
We got f***ed. Tennessee is not a 6 seed. I didn't and still don't expect to do much in the tournament, but our seed is some bulls***. We beat the top 2 seeds in the tournament this year - Kansas without 4 of our players (including our best to start the year) and Kentucky. No one else in the country has done that.

Gottlieb thinks Tennessee is overseeded (and picked against them in the first round). Have at it.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Felix @ Mar 15, 2010 -> 09:41 AM)
Gottlieb thinks Tennessee is overseeded (and picked against them in the first round). Have at it.

And he would be the only person in the entire country that thinks that...

I'm not saying we can't get upset in the 1st round b/c we're pretty inconsistent. Plus, with a s***ty 6-seed, we play a tough San Diego St team. But when we're on, we're on. And I think that's evident by the fact we've beaten both Kansas and Kentucky.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 18, 2010 -> 08:44 PM)
Someone did because there are still people on yahoo who are 11 of 11 in picks. Don't ask me how.

I'm 8 of 11 with 2 sweet 16's gone and I know its only going to get worse from there, haha.

I'm sure those people that are 11/11 are basketball experts too. Just like in 06, when George Mason & a bunch of 2-4 seeds made the Final Four and there were still people that had picked the four correctly.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 18, 2010 -> 08:55 PM)
I'm sure those people that are 11/11 are basketball experts too. Just like in 06, when George Mason & a bunch of 2-4 seeds made the Final Four and there were still people that had picked the four correctly.

Some people submit so many that it is really no fun and defeats the purpose of filling out a bracket.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 18, 2010 -> 09:05 PM)
I have one bracket. Thats it. And i'm not 11 for 11.

Good, I respect that.

I just hate when like one person fills out 12 and flip flops the 8 & 9 seeds and 7 & 10 seeds and other matchups to try and gain a statistical advantage, how do you gain a rooting interest if a team loses? Then the thought process is, oh well, Texas lost but I have Wake Forest in 6 other brackets.

Just my 2 cents.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 19, 2010 -> 02:55 AM)

No one on ESPN had the correct final 4 that year, though 4 people did have George Mason. I finished something like 20th nationally that year, actually almost had it perfect with 3/4 and Mason in the Elite 8. Pretty much my claim to fame.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 18, 2010 -> 09:13 PM)
Upset Watch!!!! Lehigh up 12-4

Lol, very early, no chance in hell it happens.

Though if it does my bracket would be done and I would hope for mass destruction of my bracket.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 18, 2010 -> 09:17 PM)
No one on ESPN had the correct final 4 that year, though 4 people did have George Mason. I finished something like 20th nationally that year, actually almost had it perfect with 3/4 and Mason in the Elite 8. Pretty much my claim to fame.

That's how I remember it too. There were millions of brackets turned in and no one had it right.