Everything posted by kev211
-
Official 2010-2011 NCAA Football Thread
Imagine if ND joined the big ten youd have to put them in that division as well so they could continue playing Michigan.
-
Heyman: KW wants to fire Ozzie
QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 09:38 PM) Cowley tweets that Kenny Williams will be making the roadtrip to Pittsburgh and Washington, together with the team for the first time this year. http://twitter.com/cst_sox/status/16190596398 Not even KW can resist seeing Strasburg in person.
-
Heyman: KW wants to fire Ozzie
QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 04:46 PM) Insubordination: To whom? Not Jerry. To KW? Of course. Oz obviously considers KW an inferior. Is that a fireable offense? Probably not. Lineup construction: This again? Our lineup sucks any way you slice it or dice it. Media tirades: Give me a break. The media love him. Sense of entitlement: Sure. He's Ozzie, a rich former ballplayer. 1. Yes that's a fireable offense 2. You're right. 3. The media loves him because he goes on tirades. That make our organization as a whole look bad 4. So its ok to have a sense of entitlement as long as your a former ball player?
-
Pete Rose corked his bat?
Not saying he didn't just saying finding cork in one of his bats that he has not touched in years is not enough evidence to say he did.
-
Heyman: KW wants to fire Ozzie
If this all blows up and KW leaves, and Ozzie stays. I will not watch a white sox game, attend one, or buy anything white sox related for a long time because I would be that pissed off at the organization.
-
Top banner change?
I'm also sick of looking at left handed batting Alexei
-
Video Game Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 02:01 PM) So XBOX just kicked PS3 in the nuts They revealed a new 360.. its smaller, has wi fi, and is 250 GB The best part? Its the same price as the older version.. AND, it is available later this week.. im pumped.. Wifi included with the original PS3. PS3 already has a smaller system. PS3 has been upgradeable to 250GB from the begining. So how exactly did xbox kick PS3 in the nuts, because I am failing to see it.
-
The Official Stephen Strasburg needs Tommy John Thread
Strasburgs career just flashed before everyones eyes. Terrible mound in Cleveland.
-
Pete Rose corked his bat?
Anyone could have corked that after Rose got rid of it. The unbroken change of ownership does not matter at all.
-
For the Love of Chase Blackwood
This thread has the potential for some great bumps if Chase ever ends up doing something in the majors. Edit: Now that I think about it, it would be absolutely hysterical if Chase somehow ended up passing Bonds home run record
-
HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!
QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 12, 2010 -> 02:50 PM) I have a belief that there is really no legitimate reason for anyone to get drunk, ever... unless it's an accident (over drank and didnt know your limit). There's just no need for it. If your definition of "fun" is going out and getting plastered and acting like a complete boob, then I have no ambition to hang out with you. And that's your opinion. But its not going to stop me and most everyone else my age from having fun that way.
-
HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!
That parade was awesome.
-
Toughest trophy to win in sports
The BP crosstown cup But I went with BCS national championship. Because of what was stated above, you don't control your own destiny.
-
Official 2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 09:09 PM) That tells me that LeBron isn't going anywhere. If Lebron was definitely staying at this point he would have already resigned. Yes I know he want to tour the country and get all the publicity, but he'd be an even bigger God in Cleveland if he just resigned there now instead of putting them through a week of hell as he toured the country.
-
The Official Stephen Strasburg needs Tommy John Thread
I bought Strasburg Player tee today. I figure even if he falls apart and becomes a bust its still a wearable shirt.
-
The Official Stephen Strasburg needs Tommy John Thread
QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 12:24 PM) I firmly believe if he went 9 innings, he would of K'd 19.. maybe 20 hitters. Had what 7 in a row before he was replaced?! Noone was even close to touching him. Shame he was on a pitch count. Maybe it's a good thing he was on a pitch count. He wouldn't want to end up like this.
-
2010 MLB Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 03:33 AM) Thank god most of those guys you listed are in the NL. I'll be jizzing when Strasburg K's 10+ against the Cubs every year. I might jizz when strasburg strikes out 10+ agaisnt us in a week or so. Watching him tonight was just special.
-
The Official Stephen Strasburg needs Tommy John Thread
Just watched it. I had to DVR it because I had class, and let me just say that was amazing. I am going to make sure I see him pitch every chance I get now, because that was amazing.
-
NBA Offseason Thread
I bet Ricardo would be cheaper.
-
NBA Offseason Thread
http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=5249031
-
Galarraga perfect game broken up by umpire
QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 01:44 AM) see I don't hate Detroit, but I sure as hell don't wanna see them do good.. and I definitely don't want to have to see their team and Armando Gallaraga celebrate a perfect game on my TV for the next week or so.. there are very few teams that I can actually say I hate.. the Twins, Yankees, Cubs, Jets, Patriots, Cowboys, Red Wings, Lakers.. those are teams that I hate anyways, I never want to see anyone do good if its going to directly effect one of my teams.. I don't give a s*** how historic it is.. and if you rooted for him to throw that perfect game, you are an embarrassment.. Ya I'm an embarrassment because I want to see someone do something thats only happened 20 times in the last 100+ years.
-
HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!
QUOTE (Drew @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 10:27 PM) There's no good way to lose a game, but damn that sucked. Hawks have a must-win on Friday. Play stronger on the puck, don't take stupid penalties. Two of their four goals came on the power play and the Hawks are not getting a fair shake from the officials. Totally blew a tripping call on Pronger, and Hartnell punched Versteeg in the back of the head and knocked his helmet off in front of a linesman. No call. Are they trying to give the Cup to the Flyers? Hawks still control their own destiny, but they have to win game 4. HAHA Sorry there is no way Friday is a must win for the Blackhawks, its not even close. Friday is a must win for the Flyers and that is it. However Game 5 becomes a must win if they lose game 4.
-
Galarraga perfect game broken up by umpire
I can't believe theres actually people who would root against a perfect game just because of the team throwing it.
-
NBA Offseason Thread
QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 12:43 AM) NBA Free Agent Slot Machine Most common scenarios for each free agent that I get: LeBron & Bosh to Bulls, Wade & Boozer to Miami, Amare & Johnson to Knicks, Dirk to the Suns, Lee to Nets. I spun the thing 14 times and Joe Johnson went to the bulls 7 times, Carlos Boozer twice no one else went to the bulls even once. Edit: I just spun the thing 4 more times and Lebron went to the bulls all 4 times twice with Johnson and once with Amare.
-
Joe Cowley says our season is over: do you agree?
QUOTE (chisoxt @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 09:39 PM) I also find it funny that the meathead contingent of our fandom believes that there is a lot of luck involved in the Twin past and present success, ie, the astroturf, the baggie, the roof on their old stadium, etc, etc. All I kept hearing all winter was how terrible the Twins were going to play outdoors in their new stadium. What these people dont get is the fact that the Twins have been kicking our ass for 10 years now and will continue to do so for a long time. They may have won more division titles then us in that span, but we won more world series titles and that is all that matters.