Everything posted by kev211
-
Official 2009-2010 NCAA Football Thread
QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 28, 2009 -> 11:11 PM) Notre Dame is brutal. Accept this and move on. I don't see where I said they weren't brutal?
-
Official 2009-2010 NCAA Football Thread
QUOTE (T R U @ Nov 28, 2009 -> 11:00 PM) You say that in a positive way when I think it shows more that they shoulda been a lot worse than 6-6 It's a lot better then being 6-6 last year and getting destroyed in games? or the year before? I think it shows they could have been anywhere from 3-9 this season to 9-3 this season if things went one way or another. It's not positive I'm just sad knowing what this team could have done with a defense worth a s***.
-
Official 2009-2010 NCAA Football Thread
6 losses for Notre Dame, all 6 of them came down the to the final minute. It's sad knowing that Jimmy and Golden are probably gone after seeing the show they put on tonight. Thanks D for being absolutely awful all season.
-
Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread
Redbirds win 93-53, 5-0 Yep Bradley beats the Illini, MVC over Big Ten. But ISU wouldn't have a shot in hell of beating the Illini. Don't worry Jimbo ISU plays Utah in a couple weeks to so we can beat them and Bradley.
-
Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread
Redbirds win. 4-0
-
Video Game Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 25, 2009 -> 04:32 AM) Assassins Creed 2. That's all I need to say. Is it good, or repetitive and boring like the first?
-
Official 2009-2010 NCAA Football Thread
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Nov 25, 2009 -> 06:54 PM) Exactly, $1 mil a year that Florida could easily match if it came down to it and an extra 4 years that probably won't even matter after an eventual raise and extension/buyout depending on how things go isn't going to be the reason Meyer leaves. And you don't think ND could up the bar once again? I'm not saying it's going to happen but it's a fact that ND would win the money battle.
-
White Sox sign Andruw Jones
QUOTE (SoxAce @ Nov 25, 2009 -> 05:01 PM) 09 opening bench: Wise, BA, Betemit, Lillibridge, Corky Miller 10 "potential" opening bench: Kotsay, Jones, Vizquel, De Aza/Nix, Catcher Quite the improvement.
-
Official 2009-2010 NCAA Football Thread
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Nov 25, 2009 -> 11:38 AM) His current contract at Florida pays him 24 million for 6 years. Yeah, totally on a different pay scale. I'd rather have 50 million dollars then 24 million, but that's just me.
-
White Sox sign Andruw Jones
All you can really say to this is ok
-
Video Game Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 24, 2009 -> 09:18 AM) I assume you get an achievement for it, that's why I keep trying. Twice I've beaten the "easy" side (where you start), but then I start the other side and die from that huge dude in the armor (who I don't remember from the game). I'm too lazy to google it, but I also thought there was another airplane style level you can unlock. It's an insane time to be a gamer, which more than makes up for the awful summer. Dragon Age, MW2, L4D2, GTA Ballad of Gay Tony, Uncharted 2, God of War pack, and the new Mario. I just don't have the time to play them all, though each has been fantastic (except GTA - the formula is old and boring and I think that could be one of the last GTA games I'll pick up unless they change the structure of the game). He's a juggernaut from special ops mode.
-
Official 2009-2010 NCAA Football Thread
QUOTE (danman31 @ Nov 25, 2009 -> 01:11 AM) As opposed to Florida football, which is broke. He'll get paid either way. The pay difference isn't that big. ND could blow Florida out of the water with the money they can offer. Either way I doubt he leaves too. I just really hope they don't fire Weis without someone they know can take over the program and be successful, I'd rather not go through 3 years of a terrible coach because they fired Weis at the wrong time.
-
Official 2009-2010 NCAA Football Thread
QUOTE (danman31 @ Nov 25, 2009 -> 01:01 AM) I would be pretty stunned. Why would Meyer leave Florida? I think it's just wishful thinking on your part and I can't blame you. I can think of 50 million reasons why he'd leave Florida.
-
Video Game Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (T R U @ Nov 24, 2009 -> 01:55 AM) One side is a lot easier than the other.. but as far as I know you dont get anything for doing it.. Ya I played around with it a bit, the side you start on is easier I think. I just grabbed some guns and then pressed either button and ran and hide behind the tank in the vehicle room. Grenades always get me.
-
White Sox Soda Pop
QUOTE (knightni @ Nov 23, 2009 -> 06:04 PM) http://www.suntimes.com/chicago/know/10114...-this18.article This article? When I say, "That's a home run," my assistant pushes a button that sends an electric charge under the field that illuminates a light behind the scoreboard alerting pyrotechnicians to flip off the safety switch that activates the fireworks. It takes three seconds Umm can't the pyrotechnicians just get a live feed of the game?
-
Video Game Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 23, 2009 -> 08:41 AM) Of those that played MW2, has anyone beaten the extra museum level? It's insanely difficult. Wow I thought it was just a stupid thing you could walk around in, until this made me google it and find out about the button.
-
Video Game Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 22, 2009 -> 12:43 PM) MW2 online multiplayer brings nothing new to the arena. HaHa blowing people up from an AC130, or being a chopper gunner isn't new enough for you? There's no way the game was over hyped, its sold nicely and plays amazing and other then from you I've heard nothing but positive things from everyone.
-
Official 2009-2010 NCAA Football Thread
QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Nov 22, 2009 -> 10:44 AM) Funny how a bunch of people you never meet can make you hate a university. Anyways, I have heard 3 names in the "search" for Mangino's replacement. Edsall Holtz Gill This is going to be a long offseason for the Rock Chalkers. I've probably made you hate ISU haha
-
Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread
QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Nov 22, 2009 -> 11:29 PM) You guys may blast me but I am super excited to get my first taste of the new season tomorrow at UIC. Shut up about ISU. Everyone here can talk about their own teams, except you s***ty ISU fans.
-
Official 2009-2010 NCAA Football Thread
QUOTE (danman31 @ Nov 21, 2009 -> 11:55 PM) He just signed a long extension at NU and I really think he wants to be there. It's where he went to school after all. At Northwestern I don't believe he can ever have BCS success. It's sad I know I love him because he went to my high school, and I hope I'm wrong.
-
Official 2009-2010 NCAA Football Thread
I'll never understand the ND hate. We don't go around ripping on your teams so why do you guys hate ND? Great Game to attend today. Not. It was fun while it lasted Charlie. So who should we hire Jim Harbaugh, Brian Kelly, Urban Meyer(If he would leave florida), Pat Fitzgerald? Personally I want Kelly.
-
Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread
QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Nov 21, 2009 -> 08:13 PM) Because you talk constantly about how ISU is better than Illinois and whatever his name should be an all american. Could beat Illinois is a hell of a lot different then better then Illinois. I'd be more worried about your Kansas team and their lackluster play vs Memphis then ISU though personally.
-
MB on TLC
QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Nov 20, 2009 -> 10:26 PM) Anyone catch Pods in the background at Buehrle's house? I am 99% sure that was him. Ya it was him unless buehrle is friends with a pods look a like
-
People Good at Probability and Statistics
QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Nov 20, 2009 -> 09:17 AM) Very nice, but I see two issues. First, I think you got your final interpretation backwards. a non-significant calculated P-value will cause you to fail to reject the null (no difference), but you indicated you should "fail to reject the claim that there is a difference", so I think you just got it crossed in the end. I'm also questioning your interpretation of one- versus two-tailed tests. Certainly, yes, this is a two-tailed comparison since there is no a priori reason to assume one gender is smarter than the other. But, that means you will have to split your rejection area between the two tails of the bell curve. Logically that suggests you should halve the look-up (table) value rather than doubling it because you can't place your entire rejection area on just one side of the distribution. Am I misinterpreting something on that? Yeah I just typed it wrong I think. I got confused because you accept the null and reject the alternative but the wording of the last sentence of the paragraph threw me off. I was taught that you double the P-value by my professor, so maybe doubling the P-value accomplishes the same thing as halving the significance level(Alpha)?
-
Singular Form of Sox
When I see sox in a sentence where it is supposed to be singular I just read it as "sock"