Everything posted by kev211
-
Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread
QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Dec 19, 2009 -> 07:10 PM) The greatest upset of all time just happened. ISU just beat a team that beat Illinois. OMG!!!! how could this happen. ISU 73 Utah 63 at Utah. It's a miracle.
-
Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread
ISU 73 Utah 63. Good bounce back game after two bad loses.
-
Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 19, 2009 -> 04:14 PM) Im just funnin with you kev. SIU has lost to ISU I believe 3 out of their last 4 or maybe more than that. The valley's going to be fun this year with Missouri State, Wichita, UNI, ISU, and SIU.
-
Panic! At the Soxtalk
QUOTE (Ranger @ Dec 18, 2009 -> 01:51 PM) Why? Why is it a bad thing for him to publicly say he likes the players he has? What possible harm can that cause? I can't think of one real, good reason he shouldn't say that. Once again, I think this is a case of people unnecessarily freaking out over something Ozzie says. I'm certain they both would like to have another hitter at this point, but it doesn't mean they'll find one. And I think the last thing you should want is for them to go into the season and say publicly, "this team we have is ok, but we wish we could've gotten another hitter." Not exactly the best way to set the tone of confidence in your club to start the year. It looks to me like they're just setting this up in case it doesn't happen. And I think they should at least say they believe in their team. Thank you for putting what I was thinking into words.
-
Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread
QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Dec 19, 2009 -> 02:26 PM) Clemson and Vandy? Ok then... I was referring to SIU since Kyle is an SIU fan. I've already said in this thread that U of I is better then ISU, and I've done it multiple times.
-
Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 19, 2009 -> 07:42 AM) http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/columns/...&id=4755711 I like the part where once again it wasn't as ISU fan who said U of I was 5th best in the state, or even posted these rankings when they were 5th best. Everyone keeps doing things like this and sarcastically making fun of us for being ridiculous fanboys but in reality we haven't said anything out of line in this thread. Congrats on being ahead of us, both of us haven't beaten a good team yet so we can't really say whose better yet until conference play starts. edit: I'm referring to SIU being ahead of us in the last sentence.
-
Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread
QUOTE (Felix @ Dec 19, 2009 -> 11:40 AM) Of course ESPN would say that. They're just promoting the big schools because it makes their company more money. Everyone and their mother knows that ISU is the best Illinois team and always will be. Have you seen Osiris play? He's the best player in the nation. I love how you continue to do that, and yet I've posted nothing close to this. I said ISU could beat U of I 25% of the time, and that the top 2-3 valley teams could hang with the 6-8 B10 teams. Yeah I'm out of line with both of those and just a stupid fanboy. ISU has hit a two game rough patch, it happens you learn from it and hopefully emerge better. Its not like Minnesota didn't lose to Portland though which isn't solid mid-major in your guys book though because they lost 3 times.
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE (Sonik22 @ Dec 19, 2009 -> 12:32 AM) If I could I would, but I can't operate on no sleep so that's not happening for me haha Yeah my last day of finals this semester not last thursday but the one before I had a 7:50am final and 1pm final. I woke up Wednesday morning at 8am for another final and did not sleep until Thursday night at 9pm. It was rough but I managed to ace both finals, and drive myself home safely so I guess I can operate on no sleep haha
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE (Sonik22 @ Dec 18, 2009 -> 12:12 AM) Statistics final at 750 am, this will officially the earliest I've been up since the last day of high school, yippee this is gonna suck For every 7:50am final I've had in college so far(I think 3) I've just stayed up all night studying. No point in going to sleep until after the final I think.
-
Stupid, Funny Videos
QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Dec 16, 2009 -> 09:22 AM) Mascot Dunk Attempt Fail Did they honestly think that was going to work? haha
-
Halladay to Phillies in 4 team trade
Cliff Lee just showed the Phillies that hes an absolute stud, and most importantly he did it when it counted. Roy Halladay has yet to do so, then again he's never had the chance. I don't get it.
-
Top Ten White Sox of the Decade
QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 03:10 PM) How did they neglect to mention Paulie's grannie in the world series? I'm pretty sure that's what all of us will remember most highly over his career. At least, I will. That was my favorite moment in sports history (Hester's opening return in the SB is a close second, though) At least the picture is of that slam.
-
Top Ten White Sox of the Decade
http://espn.go.com/chicago/gallery/?id=4714365
-
Official 2009-2010 NCAA Football Thread
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 02:00 AM) GVSU lost the National Championship this Saturday to NW Missouri State. Heartbreaking loss. After falling down 21-0 at half, they came back to within 23-20 but fell short and lost 30-23. Amazing game and an incredible 2nd half. I was privileged to have been able to attend the game this weekend down in Florence, Alabama. An amazing experience and one I'll never forget despite the loss. The big new around here now is that our head coach Chuck Martin might be recruited to go to Notre Dame to be BK's Defensive Coordinator. He was asked by BK to be his DC at CMU and at Cincy but Chuck turned it down both times. He said he wouldn't turn it down this time though, and apparently he and Kelly had a talk Saturday night. We'll find out soon what happens. Hiring the GVSU coach to be the defensive coordinator would infuriate a lot of people, since everyone is looking at who Kelly hires for that. I don't think i'd mind though. What are your views on him, is he a good defensive minded coach?
-
Request
QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 01:14 AM) I also have a request. How about a new offseason banner? Ya left handed batting alexei is getting old haha
-
Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread
QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 13, 2009 -> 07:17 PM) If Illinois State is anything close to a good team than a loss to Niagara at home is a bad loss. Don't believe I said it wasn't anywhere. I said Niagara was a solid team. Should ISU have beaten them yes, did they no.
-
Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread
Theres how many mid majors in the nation? 220+? Ya and Niagara is ranked 11th http://www.collegeinsider.com/mmpoll/ So one of the better mid majors fits I'd say. Definitely a solid team. Instead of looking at their record why don't you watch them play. I didn't spin anything either we lost, because we played sloppy. I said bad calls didn't help but you can't let the refs beat you.
-
Video Game Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 12, 2009 -> 03:57 PM) MLB2K10 to blame for Take-Two's slump and losses. Good they deserve it for ending the greatest baseball game of all time.
-
Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 13, 2009 -> 03:29 PM) Niagara has a Division 1 basketball program??? Ya one of the better mid-majors in the nation. Redbirds first loss of the season sloppy play and bad calls. It also doesn't help that Niagara shot 48% from the arch.
-
Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread
Illinois State's first real test tomorrow(today) at Redbird Arena vs Niagara in the return game from last years bracketbuster's in which Niagara embarrassed us on National TV. Comcast channel 102 2pm in the Chicagoland area if any of you want to see an ISU game for once. I expect a win, but wouldn't be shocked if we lost because our play has been sloppy all year.
-
Winter/Spring 2009-10 TV thread
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 7, 2009 -> 07:25 PM) I'm really enjoying Flash-Forward. Still have to watch Friday Night Lights. Will probably watch it tomorrow. That show is so f***ing good. Too bad we have to wait until March for the rest of it. Same with V. Lost Feb 2nd.
-
Official 2009-2010 NCAA Football Thread
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 8, 2009 -> 04:25 PM) I was just reading that Kelly's stance on abortion is coming into play. Unreal. I doubt that, since they had Obama speak there before and Kelly's Irish Catholic.
-
Official 2009-2010 NCAA Football Thread
QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Dec 8, 2009 -> 03:04 PM) Looks like Brian Kelly of Cinci is very close to being the new ND head coach... Ya and earlier today Kelly was staying put, and Randy Edsall was the odds on favorite. This thing changes by the hour, and Swarbrick has done an amazing job keeping his search away from the media. Everything so far has just been speculation by people and none of it is coming true. So I'm done reading the garbage thats out there, and I'll wait for the announcement.
-
Charlie Weis takes a shot at Pete Carroll
QUOTE (MattZakrowski @ Dec 7, 2009 -> 12:01 AM) I'd agree if he wasn't an all around terrible excuse for a human being. Yep, and charlie's the one without class.
-
Official 2009-2010 NCAA Football Thread
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 7, 2009 -> 07:29 PM) My predictions looked smart...Harbaugh has been contacted about the ND job. I think he'd be a tremendous hire. Maybe not a big name to those not familiar with the Pac 10, but he's done a hell of a job at Stanford and is going to do some pretty big things. He's not Meyer or Stoops, but I think he's excellent and could actually be a better get than Kelly. Plus, having his pro connections should be helpful. He just said on Monday Night Countdown(he is in GB watching his brother) that he has not or will not talk to ND about the job and that he has not been contacted. The AD for Stanford also said that he is 99% sure Harbaugh will be at Stanford next year, and hes really good friends with Swarbrick. So the earlier rumor today about him interviewing along with Kelly looks to be false.