Everything posted by kev211
-
Official 2009-2010 NCAA Football Thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 15, 2010 -> 05:33 PM) Then why does everyone turn it down? ND has had to bring in their 4th or 5th choice both of the last two times the spot opened up. Kelly was the only man ND offered the job to.
-
Leno going back to Late Night
Looks like NBC has agreed to pay Conan 30 million dollars, and also there is a non-compete clause so Conan can do whatever he wants.
-
Leno going back to Late Night
Conan's monologue last night might possible be his greatest ever. Conan always seems to come through and be his funniest in hard times like this and the writers strike.
-
LOST!!!!
QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 15, 2010 -> 03:24 PM) What does that have to do with anything? The staff of writers still wrote the vast majority of the series. So they were given a framework? That's what would happen in any subsequent show (i.e., they have the framework of what's already been revealed about the island/it's people/whatever). They're the ones with the knowledge/skills to continue on within the world that the Lost creatores have created. This may have been "darlton's" story, but that doesn't mean someone else can't create a seperate one. Those people have no idea what the island means, or anything. Only Damon and Carlton do so basically it be like you guys watching what I think is Lost, I don't want to watch other peoples opinions on Lost, I want to watch the two people who have worked on Lost the longest opinion on the show. Any spinoff is going to take away from what I believe to be one of the greatest shows ever, and will end up killing this great series. It wouldn't work as good as Star Trek or other shows do because those shows are stories based off a concept where as lost is a show where the concept is the story.
-
LOST!!!!
QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 15, 2010 -> 12:05 PM) There are tons of writers on the show. Yes, Cuse and Lindeloff have the final say, but I think some other people could take the reins and do just fine. Here's an interesting read on what could have been for the series: http://scifiwire.com/2010/01/20-crazy-things-that-near.php I'm pretty sure the people who write the episodes that darlton doesn't are told how the episode needs to start, what majors things happen, and how it ends. So basically the only two people on the planet who have any idea whats happening with that show are darlton.
-
LOST!!!!
If darlton isn't involved in the Lost spinoff's or what not then I'm not going to watch I don't think. They created this show and I don't want to watch something that people who had nothing to do with Lost before wrote, because it would just be their take.
-
LOST!!!!
QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 14, 2010 -> 02:20 PM) This could either be awesome, or awful: http://www.variety.com/article/VR111801352...yid=14&cs=1 Please no
-
Leno going back to Late Night
QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 14, 2010 -> 02:13 PM) It's his last week at the 10:35pm slot. Not done with NBC...yet. Simmons just recorded a podcast with TV critic Alan Sepinwall about this. Should be sweet. What else would he do if he is refusing to move to the 12:05 slot?
-
Leno going back to Late Night
Jeff Zucker is supposedly threatening Conan to take the midnight slot or he will keep him off the air for the next 3.5 years.
-
LOST!!!!
QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jan 11, 2010 -> 07:34 PM) yeah me too, at least the last couple will be after school is out. Except you probably watch it with friends at school..... sucks for you. I got friends at home I can watch the finale with. I'll survive It's a lab that I just found only meets 8 times and meets two times before Lost. So I'll be able to see a few here .
-
Leno going back to Late Night
I wonder if this all ends up helping Conan in the end, I'd expect some people who never watched him are tuning in to see what he says and maybe will follow him wherever he goes. Plus the press has been pro conan, and he is going to come out of this looking like a saint I think and Leno wont.
-
Leno going back to Late Night
QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 13, 2010 -> 11:53 AM) I think they are letting it ride until the Winter Olympics. I honestly can't see how they can allow themselves to get torn apart like that night after night until February. They're going to have to pull him eventually and run reruns or something.
-
Leno going back to Late Night
I can't believe NBC is going to continue to air Conan after the last few nights. Last night was hysterical. He tore apart NBC.
-
Leno going back to Late Night
QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 12, 2010 -> 07:27 PM) Conan's monologues are probably going to be classic until he goes off the air. The one last night was outstanding. Leno and Letterman both suck it is a shame Conan gets screwed but at least he is still getting paid. I just watched it, so much jabs at NBC I couldn't stop laughing.
-
Leno going back to Late Night
QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 12, 2010 -> 07:33 PM) Even though I think Letterman sucks, I really hope he beats Leno in the ratings when Leno returns to doing The Tonight Show. It would be hilarious and typical of NBC's f ups as a network. I really hope Conan beats Leno's ratings personally. I'm hoping Fox allows him to use the masturbating bear and stuff at 10. Assuming he goes there which looks like is going to happen.
-
Leno going back to Late Night
- LOST!!!!
QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 10, 2010 -> 07:28 PM) DVR it and watch it before coming online It's not even that, I watch it with all my friends and I'm pissed I wont be watching it with them during the final season.- LOST!!!!
QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jan 10, 2010 -> 12:34 PM) I have the same dilemma. It really sucks. At least I'll get to see the last 2 or 3 episodes at the right time. I'm hoping on most weeks I'm out before 8. I am also trying to change it hopefully.- LOST!!!!
So I just realized I have class from 6-9 on Tuesdays, Lost's time slot had not been picked when I registered and I didn't realize it until last night. f***...- Official Recruiting Thread II
QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 10, 2010 -> 11:33 AM) How many of these USC kids de-commit? Kyle Prater just decommited two days before he was to begin classes at USC a couple others too I believe. Plus there is a bunch of guys who still have yet to commit that were leaning USC.- Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread
QUOTE (Sonik22 @ Jan 9, 2010 -> 09:11 PM) I'm done ouch- Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread
So UNI is good...- Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread
Northern Iowa @ Illinois State ESPN2 Go you redbirds- Official 2009-2010 NCAA Football Thread
So many USC recruits who once considered ND are ripe for the picking Brian Kelly, go get them.- LOST!!!!
My excitement grows by the day. - LOST!!!!