Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Official: McCann is a Met, $40/4 years
Translation: I don't need anything that will interrupt my confirmation bias.
-
Len Kasper is new White Sox radio play by play announcer
But why aren't you crying?
- The Blake Snell Thread
-
Len Kasper is new White Sox radio play by play announcer
I did a TV period too, but I couldn't get enough stuff recorded to occupy my time.
-
2020 Election Thoughts
Trump is the kind of guy that will try to take the oath of office with Biden standing there and swear it makes him the President again.
-
Len Kasper is new White Sox radio play by play announcer
Working from home, I got addicted to podcasts in the last six months or so. I went through an audiobook period, but ran out of stuff to listen to. Podcasts have been a god send.
-
Len Kasper is new White Sox radio play by play announcer
in other words, the Cubs already had his replacement if Meyers is already in place. Kasper was getting pushed out.
- The Blake Snell Thread
-
Weird Trade Ideas
That leaves the Sox without a catcher. But the idea of the Sox trading for Wheeler for pennies on the dollar is an idea I can get behind.
- The Blake Snell Thread
-
Offseason Targets
I was a huge Anderson fan. He just oozed raw superstar potential since the day we drafted him. I was excited the day we extended him at a bargain rate, and continue to love what the kid does on and off of the field.
- The Blake Snell Thread
- The Blake Snell Thread
-
Len Kasper is new White Sox radio play by play announcer
There are definitely things I will tune into just because I love the call. I love the stretch run of the Kentucky Derby, but have zero interest in horse racing. I always listen for that call. Anytime Bill Walton and Jason are doing a basketball game, I will tune into it, even though it is usually two west coast teams who mean nothing to me. That is two quick examples.
-
The Blake Snell Thread
If it were up to me, I would prefer to have Vaughn as the centerpiece of a deal than one of our top level pitchers. With as much offense as we have signed up for the long term, even if Vaughn does turn into Paul Konerko, it won't hurt nearly as much as if a Michael Kopech turns into Chris Sale.
-
Len Kasper is new White Sox radio play by play announcer
It is a peculiar set of circumstances. This was done with enough Cub involvement that they had a replacement already selected and hired. It really makes me wonder if the Cubs were the ones pushing Kasper out the door, and there was some sort of an effort to make it seem amicable by covering for him as he looked, maybe even working with the White Sox to get him in there. It seems odds that everything was already settled by the time that this was made public.
- The Blake Snell Thread
-
Offseason Targets
So if we had signed a guy coming off of a age 28 .581 OPS/57 OPS+/.220/.267/.314 season we would be fools to think he could be an all star the next year? A guy who had never put up an OPS+ north of 94, but also had a 64 and 69 OPS+ previously, is definitely not a guy who we should have brought in on a major league contract.
-
Len Kasper is new White Sox radio play by play announcer
How much money do you have for Trevor Bauer?
-
Len Kasper is new White Sox radio play by play announcer
Steve's break up was much closer to Harry Carrys than Len Kaspers.
-
Len Kasper is new White Sox radio play by play announcer
It took a while, but it grew on me. It was such an Odd Couple vibe, that I wasn't sure at first that they even liked each other, but eventually that smoothed out.
-
Len Kasper is new White Sox radio play by play announcer
Now this is really disappointing. One day they are telling us World Series or bust and now its that an announcer is the most exciting thing we will do this winter? I feel like Charlie Brown with the football.
-
Len Kasper is new White Sox radio play by play announcer
Wait, what? So DJ and Kasper? Huh.
- COVID-19/Coronavirus thread