Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. Seems fitting that they are getting rid of the native as soon as they get to the promised land.
  2. Still, hell no. This would be the worst of all of the possible moves here. I would have rather brought Ricky back. Hell I would rather stick Hawk on the bench than Ozzie.
  3. Reading the comments and thinking about this, I think this is right. Why fire a guy making rookie mistakes in the playoffs, only to bring in a person with less experience? You almost have to be looking at a veteran, otherwise, why fire Ricky?
  4. The other thing I just thought of from the wording, if they "agreed to part ways", I think that means the Sox are not on the hook for paying Ricky for the last year of his deal. Or at the very least, he got a reduced buy-out.
  5. The wild thing? No one had this report ahead of the Sox press release. Chicago media just isn't very good.
  6. Wow, things really are different. I am shocked.
  7. What job have you ever worked where your boss gave you a set of guidelines and then just disappeared for a couple of months, only to then come back and find out that you did your job poorly, but instead fire the guy under you, instead of you, because you didn't know how to properly utilize your resources? Or would it make sense that your boss kept trying to give you ways to make this person under you successful and after trying for some amount of time, THEN came along and fired the person under you because they never were going to fit in a time period that works for your company?
  8. I really think if we were firing people it would have been done right after the season just like we always have. Why wait a week and a half? I know the presser is a bit late, but I think that is more due to the pandemic than the Sox having replacements in place or something strange for them. After their most successful season in a dozen years, I don't see them making any real top level changes.
  9. At least until he gets promoted. Then he will be a moron.
  10. It's a sunk cost. If they really like him, they can negotiate at a fraction of his former cost.
  11. I think he is a pretty easy nontender.
  12. This won't look like a traditional winter signings period.
  13. Just not enough to sign him over the winter or wait for him to get over covid.
  14. Again, he didn't play the entire season last year. No one touched him during free agency through spring training. Atlanta did try to offer him something, but pulled it due to covid supposedly, though if they really believed in him, why didn't they just wait it out? The guy has burned his reputation to the ground when MLB essentially won't touch him.
  15. I can't see them offering $5 or $6 million to him.
  16. It doesn't matter what I am for, but even if you take the Atlanta thing as face value, despite all of the numbers, no one put him on a major league roster last year. That should be telling.
  17. https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/10/al-notes-rays-phillips-white-sox-encarnacion-vaughn-rodon-gonzalez-mazara.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook
  18. NO one in all of baseball was willing to touch Puig last year, including every single general manager that people drool over. That should tell you something about where he is held in baseball.
  19. Yeah, I think in terms of what did us in this series, being 1 SP short, and RISP hitting were by far the two biggest issues. Then we can talk about a couple of relievers not being ready for playoff baseball. The strategy is valid, even if it failed here. We are seeing other teams use it very successfully in this very playoff.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.