Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. Start the rebuild. Seriously. We all loved the last decade, but you are chasing ghosts at this point. Its over.
  2. If it wasn't clear enough, the President asked for sedition, and got it. This is exactly how the civil war in Rwanda was fought. Radio broadcasts whipped Hutu people into a fury, terming the Tutsis as subhuman, as cockroaches, and that people should exterminate them. Eventually it worked. Enter Donald Trump playing from the same playbook, and couching it in COVID. The President is inciting sedition.
  3. I think they are "contenders" in that they are probably the most talented team in that division and probably the leaders to make the playoffs out of the NL Central, but they are not a top tier team anymore.
  4. Just for the record, we just added a fire reaction for the post reacts. Enjoy.
  5. Unless they are scared off by COVID, there is no reason to sign long term now.
  6. Assuming health isn't an issue, I can see one of two things happening. I can see him starting off in extended spring training and then moving to somewhere like Birmingham or Charlotte as a starter, but somewhere like May or June so that his innings load stays down. The other thing I could see is Crochet starting off in the pen with the Sox, and then eventually working into the rotation to work more innings in longer stints as the season goes on. I think the first one is the most likely.
  7. The Sox had interest in him during the Sale discussions, right?
  8. He would get destroyed by the NYC and Boston media. Probably Philly too. He can get away with being himself in most markets who will be just happy to have him, but the first time he starts something in a place like Yankee stadium, the tabloids there will have a field day.
  9. I think our big dollar focus will be on a SP, and that we won't sign a big position player deal. I think we will be limited in dollar additions this winter and we prioritize a closer and a starter over a RF.
  10. I think he gets moved too, but it will be interesting to see where and how. He's probably looking at something in the mid 20's in terms of a contract.
  11. The problem is his value has never been lower, and he is in his final arb year.
  12. If ever there was a year to sign a one year deal, this is it.
  13. If I had to guess, i think Dunning opens next season as the #4 or #5 starter, depending on what we do in free agency. I really doubt Cease is in the pen as has been mentioned before. I think he either breaks camps in the rotation, or he opens at AAA as a starter (assuming we have a MiLB season. I don't think the bullpen gives Cease the reps that he needs to figure his stuff out, and would be counterproductive at this stage.
  14. Was anything positive said?
  15. The Cubs laugh us out of the building. That deal is light without Howard in it.
  16. Isn't international money a measure of what size market team you are?
  17. They will get him there if he is ready. The Sox are really good at this, especially if they can get a real spring training and get guys ready.
  18. Wuhan China did it in about 3 months as the focal point of the pandemic. The fact that we are almost at month 7 of this with no end in sight is a national embarrassment.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.