Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. There aren't many things more useless on a roster than a guy who can only play 2B as a back up.
  2. Ignoring the latent sexism in the OP, Steve Stone is the problem in the broadcast booth, not Jason. If you listen to the guy with anyone else, he is 10 times better than he is with Stone. There is just zero chemistry between these two guys.
  3. So don;t write off Mendick based on one bad night, but send Madrigal to AA based on three strikeouts in one week. Got it.
  4. Ozzie has been in this country for almost 40 years now. He understands English just fine. I mean he is on an English based pre/post game show for god's sake.
  5. Come on man, Mendick? The same guy who made errors on consecutive plays last night? Personally I think they do play the service time game with Nick, but putting him on the same planet as Romine and Cuthbert is awful. Nick came back and has gotten his hits, and most importantly he has made all of the plays in the field. Personally I do think Cuthbert breaks camp as he can play 3rd, and Nick doesn't, which allows them to keep a guy around to protect Yoan needing some extra rest. I think Nick gets sent out and is back in a few weeks, not because he isn't ready, but because the Sox want to hold on to the extra year.
  6. Easy killer. I think you are getting out ahead your ski's here.
  7. Yeah, I think if we were talking about a full season, the 86-88 win range seems about right to me, which would be around 32-33. I think the schedule will be more friendly by leaving out the east and west coast teams entirely, so 33-34 wins seems about right to me. So far, the offense has impressed me more than I thought it would, as well as having Carlos Rodon seemingly ready to go, even without Kopech. I also think the depth of pitchers behind the main guys have made solid statement as to being ready for whatever happens as this season goes on. Guys like Lambert, Heuer and Johnson looked ready to go. Dunning also seems like a guy who is ready to go if the guys in front of his can't go.
  8. For the record, with a 60 game season, each game represents 2.7 games in a 162 game season. Starting at the .500 mark, here is the equivalency of wins in a 60 game season versus 162: 30=81 wins 31=83.7 32-86.4 33=89.1 34=91.8 35=94.5 36=97.2 37=99.9 38=102.6
  9. Vote and then post how many games you think the Sox will win in 2020. The assumption based in this poll is the Sox play all 60 games.
  10. Absolutely. I mean if he doesn't figure it out, he will lose his spot in the rotation, and will be then out of the organization.
  11. It sounds like there aren't a lot of others teams with pool money left.
  12. His pure stuff is SOOOO good. The stories about his lack of concentration seem to be an underlying theme here, so his problems seem to be very mental. Hopefully someone can get through to him.
  13. I mean all you have to do is look at all of the dead weight free agent deals on the north side, and see what spending too much on outside players would get you.
  14. southsider2k5 replied to knightni's topic in SLaM
    I can't ever imagine living in a place with an HOA. I just see nightmare after nightmare about them.
  15. https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/ct-chicago-white-sox-cubs-exhibition-ratings-20200721-c7h7zqc5knclxpsizb7w7jm2hu-story.html
  16. I will admit I have a level of respect for JR as an owner. He has been progressive in terms in installing management into his teams that looks a lot like the players on those teams. He has protected his employees, especially through this health crisis. He has taken care of his players when the really needed it, and even advised players when they were making bad decisions. When you contrast JR with the Ricketts Klan across town, and I see nothing wrong with respecting this ownership group for how they conduct themselves both on and off of the field.
  17. Joe Torre has to top that list, right?
  18. TV is a great job for him. It is where he belongs.
  19. To say HI MOM!?‍♂️
  20. Why do you spend any time at all caring about people liking billionaires?
  21. SUCK IT AGAIN CUBS
  22. See there's the difference. Why spend 40 years angry at the owner? You see this as important. I see it as a waste of time.
  23. So we get to use the extra out from the 1st inning now, right?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.