Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. My mom is in a LTC facility and the daily numbers are just staggering once it gets in. It just explodes once it enters. And this is in a facility that hasn't taken visitors or new patients since early May. You aren't even allowed to take your family member OUT of the home. If you do, they are NOT allowed back in until their quarantine is over. Between staff and patients, they have almost 60 cases, and 8 deaths.
  2. The Beaches, mall and casino over here are the same way.
  3. They are talking about starters going 3 to 4 innings early in the season. I think Jim is right that we will be pitching heavy.
  4. In a season like this one, I would be shocked if we didn't see a higher than normal volume of injuries.
  5. Sure. And that hasn't happened for months now, yet breakouts keep happening in these same places.
  6. Only if they show up all at once and aren't staggered over the 1.5 hours the gates open before the start of a game.
  7. Its is a nice option to have for a player that might be blocked from a roster spot in a deeper organization. I like it.
  8. https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/rule-5-eligibility-rules-tweaked-for-shortened-season/
  9. Once you place a player on that 60, you have to waiver or release them to remove them. This allows teams like the Red Sox to have more "major league ready" guys on the taxi squad than just their 40 man roster, instead of taking up those spaces with guys who have zero chance at being here this year.
  10. The outbreaks at nursing homes and jails should show that you can't completely isolate at risk populations.
  11. I will say this much. I don't know what budgets and finances look like, so if that half million is what is still paying our MiLB players and our staff with the big club, I am cool with it.
  12. ~375k iirc.
  13. I am going to be thrilled to just have baseball. This was a season I was looking forward to anyway, but having nothing for 3 months means just seeing a game will be incredible.
  14. If you can't tell the difference between the final results you are being intentionally obtuse.
  15. I have seen anecdotal stories, but it hasn't shown up in death numbers.
  16. Think about how many traffic laws we have to follow to stop from killing other people. -speed limits -turn signals -aggressive driving -drinking while driving -texting while driving -drugs while driving -tired driving -minimum age to drive -being able to see while driving -a driving test to obtain a drivers licence -traffic rules such as lane restrictions -licensing cars for minimum standards -auto pollution standards -wearing seatbelts -child safety laws such as car seats etc You get the point. Yet when we do similar for COVID, people lose their shit about personal freedoms. I wish we had a level of regulation for COVID which was relative to traffic rules.
  17. Its funny. If you have AIDS and knowingly don't take protective measures, you can be charged with a felony. But when it comes to COVID, we talk about freedoms. They are both viruses that can cause a deadly disease. What is the difference here?
  18. Judging by how many Illinois plates I see every weekend at our tourist destinations in NWI, I would be scared too. The outlet mall is open and packed. The Casino is back open and filling up, and our beach is packed as are all of the summer houses owned by people from the Chicago metro. I KNOW there are a lot of people who aren't using protection while out here too.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.