Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
COVID-19/Coronavirus thread
Are you referring to your posting on this topic? Because if so, I fully agree.
-
Will There Be a 2020 Season?
2 seasons even.
-
Baseball Possibly Back?!
These guys are billionaires for a reason. If someone was willing to pay me $10 million a year to look like an asshole to the country, so my bosses didn't have to, I would happily do it. I get punched in the face at work for less than 1% of what Manfred is making.
-
Baseball Possibly Back?!
I think it is obvious that Manfred was playing a four corners offense to try to shorten the season without negotiations by delay. The guy is an eight figure salary, and his entire existence is to do exactly what the owners who paid and appointed him tell him to do. He just got to be the guy to take the public black eye in exchange for his millions. And he did it like a professional.
-
Will There Be a 2020 Season?
Why though? No one ever complains about the NCAA tournament no matter who wins.
-
Will There Be a 2020 Season?
Its funny, but I think the most successful post season tournament is the NCAA basketball playoffs. It is one game and done, and the whole world loves the upsets. Once you get past the initial snub talk after the brackets are released, the talk is all about winners and losers, and the big upsets. You every rarely hear any talk about the top team losing out early hurting the tournament as instead people fall in love with the underdogs.
-
COVID-19/Coronavirus thread
This is one of the least surprising posts you have ever made.
-
Will There Be a 2020 Season?
No. just these two seasons, the rest would have to be negotiated.
-
Will There Be a 2020 Season?
I would rather see smaller playoffs, but if this is what gets a season going again, count me as a fan.
-
Will There Be a 2020 Season?
This is a good point. They can have the discussion and even have a framework in place without having an agreement. Remember there are a lot of lawyers involved here.
-
Will There Be a 2020 Season?
But isn't 2030 yet?
-
Will There Be a 2020 Season?
This. Walking away.
-
Will There Be a 2020 Season?
I have read your posts for way too long to believe that. This is the classic overreact part of the overreact then apologize cycle. Take a breath man.
-
Will There Be a 2020 Season?
I pity your Jump to Conclusions mat.
-
Will There Be a 2020 Season?
You just wrote off an entire decade, and that is thinking positive? lol, no. Try again man.
-
Will There Be a 2020 Season?
I am constantly amazed at your ability to turn any small bit of bad news into the end of the world. The amount of assumptions in here to create a certain narrative is staggering.
-
Crochet and Kelley
I think you underestimate the Sox willingness to use Eloy in the OF. They want him to learn the position. If Vaughn is as good as we hope, he will find a place on this roster very soon.
-
COVID-19/Coronavirus thread
Again, Scandinavia's deaths per millions from COVID: Sweden 499 (7th in the world) Finland 59 (39th in the world) Norway 45 (49th in the world) Cases per million people Sweden 5404 (16th) Norway 1602 (60th) Finland 1285 (66th) Repackaging the data into a different format to obscure it doesn't change the underlying data. Sweden has gotten hit WAY harder than its neighbors.
-
Trade for Howard
The last deal I hear Cease mentioned in was for Thor.
-
Crochet and Kelley
At worst he ends up in the pen.
-
Crochet and Kelley
I would bet you he pitches for the White Sox before he pitches for anyone else in MLB.
-
COVID-19/Coronavirus thread
Its usually just misleading.
-
COVID-19/Coronavirus thread
if you are going to do parks, do them during the week and during the work day hours. It is crazy how many people are going to the parks systems now.
-
FBI Investigation into MLB in Latin America
They seem like they would be right in the middle of it based on the classes they keep having and Preller's obvious aversion to rules and decency.
-
Incredible interview with Kenny Williams on race and racism - "maybe that lady will get on the elevator with me next time"
This is powerful. I watched the whole thing. This is coming from someone who is both rich and well known. He has the benefit of a Stanford education, and has risen to the top of his profession, and he still tells the same stories about how he is treated. This is way bigger than don't break the law and the cops won't kill you. This isn't work hard and go to school and you will be treated the same. It destroys a lot of the myths that we tell people today.