Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. The Rockies have offered Arendo 7/245
  2. Totally agree with this, but especially the first paragraph. I would also point out that Rick worked his way up from the bottom of baseball, and spent a number of years having teams trying to poach him from the White Sox, so he even knew this when he was made GM.
  3. Again, this is where I see the difference between Kenny and Rick as leaders. Kenny is a competitor who has to win at all costs. Rick is an analytic who trusts his instincts. If he has a number set, he isn't going to break that number because it is right. Kenny would have never waited six months for the Quintana trade. The other side is that Kenny wouldn't have waited until February to get Machado signed. He would have bid up months ago. It is good and bad in both.
  4. This is absolutely fair. We keep talking about Rick and Kenny, but this number is going to come directly from Jerry and the board, as they know what is means for the franchise going forward. This doesn't happen without Jerry authorizing it.
  5. I think the Sox have to be considering a failure tax. I know they pretend to be tone deaf, but at the same time are paying attention to everything that is being said, so they obviously care. I could ask here, would it be worst to come in 2nd for Harper, or to not have interest at all, at least as far as the fans see? Could that shape the face they show to the general public if they really do have interest? Being the public leader for Machado made missing out on him WAY worse than if they had never bid on him at all.
  6. I can't take it that personally. I like the things that work brings me, and understand that working isn't always going to be ideal. You have to compartmentalization these kind of things. I do my eight hours and don't look back.
  7. It isn't nearly that serious. Right now I am lucky that I am pretty well off, but in the past it hasn't been that way. You keep perspective and don't give it power over the rest of your life. It wasn't permanent, and eventually I moved on. I like the paycheck more than not. I definitely like it more than unemployment.
  8. I don't decide what my job is. My bosses do. This is true for everyone who works for someone else. I have two choices, find another job or deal with it. My opinion is meaningless.
  9. Joe Cowley who was run off of the baseball beat because no one would deal with him anymore. Jay Mariotti is pretty much unemployable because of the stunts he pulled. You can be that guy, but there are consequences for it.
  10. Their job is what their bosses tell them it is.
  11. It is much easier to tell other people how to do their jobs when there aren't any consequences for yourself.
  12. Have you seen what the job market for journalism looks like today? I don't think many guys want to tell their bosses they can't do their job. Hell, no matter what I think of my employer you won't see me setting fire to that bridge.
  13. Apparently I don't either.
  14. It absolutely does not. Too early means 6 years instead of 7. A call up last May puts him on the free agent market a year earlier than May of 19.
  15. You lose a year calling him up in May of 18 vs May of 19.
  16. Calling him up to move a 100 loss season to 97 losses, losing draft position and a year of control. Makes sense to me.
  17. The surest was way to get rid of a thread is to keep posting in it, lol.
  18. What part of extra and cheaper Eloy Jimenez is less defensible than less and more expensive Eloy?
  19. If Eloy is in RF, sure. If not, play Palka in RF until forced to do otherwise.
  20. I know people want to be upset, but this is a pretty straightforward thing here.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.