Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. There are other OFs out there if they want to go that route. Both filler and superstars.
  2. If we are talking straight up deals, I would have dealt Narvaez of today for Cordell in 2017 or Mederios in 2018 over Colome today. And if Colome turns into a deal like that, I will be happy.
  3. I'd be interested in Flores as Util IF.
  4. Which means Jose Abreu was also tendered, but it was so obvious it wasn't even news...
  5. And coming from this guy...
  6. Absolutely. Mediocre to good relievers bring much higher prices at the deadline. For example, if we got a #10 system LH SP prospect for Omar Narvaez would people be happy with that? Because that plus a DSL lottery ticket is what we got last year at the deadline for Soria. In the winter, the Dodgers basically gave us a reliever to take Soria.
  7. Translation, no one wanted Addison Russell.
  8. Also an underrated point.
  9. This is where I am. Not thrilled with the return, OK with the idea of selling high on Omar. Last season felt fluke-ish to me, without any real proof to it. I am OK with selling him now, just not sure about what we got back. Though as I said, the Sox are the ultimate pump and dump when it comes to relievers.
  10. If there is one thing the Sox have done really well this year it is pump up relievers in the short term and push them into the trading market. I 100% expect this to happen here, and if we get a decent return, well that is better than what we had in Omar.
  11. I am pretty surprised by this TBH. He is a back up in an area we don't have a lot of depth in, and isn't very expensive at all. Oh well, the good news is that this isn't a big loss.
  12. For $1.5 million, there really isn't a whole lot of a question here.
  13. I hope not. If we want a reliever, sign a FA.
  14. Could be a strategic thing, such as he thought there was zero chance the White Sox would trade for his contract so he leveraged another team he thought might.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.