Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
IE 7issue
Yeah, thanks for the help.
-
Unity '08
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 30, 2007 -> 04:23 PM) Couple of points...what exactly makes anyone out there think that fiscal conservatism is actually a popular political point of view? In some circles it gets brought up a lot, and there are a few people who get elected running genuinely on it, but just look at the performance of the supposedly fiscally conservative party. Massive expansion of government spending up and down the board, and still people keep supporting it. It took a lost war for people to genuinely start turning against that party. The simple fact is this...if I'm a voter...it's in my best interest to vote for the candidate who promises me the most while making me spend the least. In other words, we won't raise your taxes, we'll run deficits to cover these tax cuts, we'll give you all these new medicare benefits without worrying about how they'll be paid for (and we'll lie about the cost while we're at it) and you will love us! And second...what exactly makes people think that any viable candidate will be able to compete without pandering to special interests, specifically the moneyed interests, in order to run a campaign in this pricing environment? Nah, we'll all subscribe to the Homer Simpson party... Can't someone else pay for it? Damn, except massive wealth redistribution doesn't work. QUOTE(kapkomet @ Apr 30, 2007 -> 09:11 PM) GWB CERTAINLY is not a fiscal conservative, and that's hugely why we are in the problems today that we are... Iraq War notwithstanding. Exactly. If Bush had stuck to half of the stuff that got him elected, he would still be pulling 50% popularity ratings, with the obvious group of people who weren't going to like him from day one being the other half. QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 30, 2007 -> 10:07 PM) I believe all the professional GOPers have abandoned conservative fiscal policies in favor of giving the American public what they want, a free lunch. We demand that they borrow money and give it to us. I don't blame them, it's the way to get elected. And I give him a partial pass because of the Iraq war. I just wish he had come on tv and said, hey, we're in a war and this is not a great time to be cutting taxes. LMAO. The irony is tax receipts are at an all time high. If he doesn't cut taxes, we might still be in the Depression from thinking that only rate cuts would have solved the potential crisis that was the Clinton recession plus the biggest terror attack this country has ever known. With the bubble that developed after the irrational exuberance stock market, there was no telling how far things could have fallen without restoring confidence in the economy. And silly me, I don't believe you restore confidence by taking more money from people who are already shaken to the core. If you think you could have balanced the budget after 9-11, you are kidding yourself.
-
IE 7issue
When I upgraded from IE 6 to 7 for some reason when I use the wheelbar on my mouse, the scrolling action isn't smooth anymore. It will scroll a bit, then freeze, scroll a bit, then freeze etc... Any ideas?
-
Unity '08
QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 30, 2007 -> 02:29 PM) That makes sense, but I can't reconcile that to America being a celebrity society where flash and appearance is more important than ideas and vision. Which is why they are trying to find a big name guy to step to the forefront. Once they get the attention they need, then they can establish their principles with the general public. First they need someone with a good reputation.
-
OOOOOOffense
Yeah for the midmajors!
-
Unity '08
QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 30, 2007 -> 12:15 PM) I think having three parties will actually create less gridlock, not more. Because you will have issue-specific majorities, when a third party aligns with the Dems on one issue, and the GOP on another. The third party folk wouldn't be as concerned over the consequences of going outside their party, unless they suddenly became bigger than the others. So more things will get passed, not less. Yeah, with a third party, there won't be the bundling that goes on with being affiliated as a D or an R. They won't be having to vote the opposite of someone else, just for arguement's sake. There would definately be more aisle-crossing then we have been accustomed to seeing.
-
Talk about bad luck
WOW! Whatever diet he is on, he needs to market it in the US... He would have some serious Jihad cash from it.
-
Buehrle: No longer a gone-slinger
I'll believe it when I see it. This could very well be a guy worried about getting booed all year, so he is just saying all of the right things.
-
McCarthy Watch
Damn, I feel bad for Brandon... Hopefully he gets his stuff straightened out. The kid always went out of his way for people on Soxtalk, and I wish him nothing but the best.
-
Unity '08
QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Apr 30, 2007 -> 10:34 AM) There will be no third party success if we consider "elected" to be successful. THe closest thing in America to third party success will be a candidate introducing reforms through campaign like, say, that man from Wisconsin whose name I can't recall from long ago in the early 1900s I believe though I've got to go bell's ringing byebye I think you are referring to William Jennings Bryant?
-
Unity '08
I think you hit on a key for 3rd party success. It has to be someone in the middle, because it seems like everytime someone tries this, it is with some one issue wacko who has no chance of making any headway. If they really get something together, I would sign up to be a delegate if their fiscal platform is truely conservative.
-
1B/DH (speculative)
Kenny had a deal done with TOR a few years back, and Delgado vetoed it.
-
Unity '08
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18355633/site/newsweek/
-
Commuter nightmare in Cali
What was interesting about this was the way the highway was damaged. It was the gasoline fire that basically weakened the steel and concrete... So I guess that means the people who didn't believe that this could weaken a structure enough to make it collapse were wrong. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18392684/
-
More Sox History: Who remembers the 1977 Southside Hitmen ?
The 77 team was the first baseball I seriously can remember. I was 3 1/2.
-
DEM Primaries/Candidates thread
QUOTE(Damen @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 12:10 PM) The RNC must know the only way they can win this is to get our vain, dumb-as-f*** media stars to focus on the trivial. This is the entirety of the press release sent out about the debate tonight. Stuff like this? DNC Dean Says Giuliani's 'Personal Life Is A Serious Problem' Rudy too arrogant for America Gaffe-Prone Romney to Headline GOP Fundraiser Damn, I am glad the DNC is above focusing on trivial stuff.
-
Thome to the DL
QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 01:35 PM) You forgot to add ERSTAD SUCKS!!! I was getting to THAT! GAWD!
-
LOST! thread
There is no reason to believe that Jack wasn't subjected to the same mindbending stuff that Alex's boyfriend was rescued from...
-
we're in for a fun afternoon and night
This picture was taken about 5 miles from my house, on the other side of Michigan City The worst of things was a cop car got picked up and taken about a quarter mile and dumped on its roof. The officer sustained some injuries, but they weren't life threatening. the other stuff was property damage.
-
Thome to the DL
QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 01:22 PM) If all that's true, it's quite obvious that Ozzie wasn't at the bottom of the stairs to catch him. Ozzie, please do something right for once. The problem is that he was supposed to bring in Jenks at the bottom of the stairs to pad the fall, and instead he put Mackowiak in the center of the stairs. Anderson was supposed to be the pusher, but he pushed and missed. Luckily Konerko came up and fell into a double play knocking them both down.
-
Thome to the DL
QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 01:18 PM) See, and I heard Brian Anderson pushed Thome down the stairs. He's got a bad attitude, you know. But Pods got behind him on his hands and knees to help!
-
Thome to the DL
I just want to know how this is Ozzie's fault.
-
Car Discussion
Just don't get the rust proofing!
-
Soxtalk Softball Info
QUOTE(Molto @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 12:13 PM) Yes, please try to be as sure and as accurate as possible regarding if you'll be there and how many people will be joining you, if any, so don't just say you'll be there and then bring 7 people with you. Yeah, we need an accurate headcount, so we know how much we are going to have to pay for a permit. We aren't trying to discourage people from coming, because this is a charity function (HINT HINT) but we need to know so we don't get into trouble with the City of Chicago.
-
Car Discussion
QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 09:05 AM) Just about to give another update. After I left the GM of the dealership called me and told me that the numbers I wanted were totally not doable. The funny thing is he also told me that the numbers his own finance manager quoted me were not doable. He then tried to convince me that he wasnt making any profit, my trade in was crap (which it isnt at all) and that the payments were totally off base. One of them is lying, try and figure out who. Car buying is seriously the gayest thing. They could make it so much easier than it is. That in a nutshell might be the 2nd biggest reason I drive cars into the ground. Car salesmen are about the lowest form of life on this planet. I HATE dealing with those people, and would rather drive something older than give them a dime of my money.