Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. Wow, I can see he lives up to the peace and love persona off outside of the spotlight...
  2. QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 11:29 AM) Vibes and hugs are out. ^^^
  3. QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 01:32 AM) 5 bucks A-Rod has a million votes by Monday morning. This year he deserves it.
  4. Hmm places I have been. Well besides the bakers dozen different MLB parks... Pretty much the entire midwest, Mammoth Caves, tons of Texas beaches (including South Padre, Matagorda, Bolivar, Galveston, Sand Dollar Island), I have been to both the Johnson Space Center (including misson control, and the building next door to the one invovled in the tragedy of this weekend), and the Kennedy Space Center, and got to see a night-time shuttle launch from my balcony in Daytona Beach. I have been to Daytona Beach and Key West. I have been to Las Vegas twice. We did a driving trip to Canada for our honeymoon, and spent time in Windsor, Toronto and Niagra Falls. Where I would like to go is a much longer list. At the top are mostly ancient historical sites, with the Pyramids in Eygpt and the old Temple in Jeruslam heading the list. I'd also love to see the Vatican and the rest of Rome. A little closer to home, I want to go out west on driving trip and take in things like the Grand Canyon and Yellowstone. I also want to get to NYC and see the floor of the NYSE. Washington DC is something else I really want to see.
  5. southsider2k5 replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 11:20 PM) That was definitely a fun game to be at. Better than Illinois
  6. QUOTE(Heads22 @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 01:19 PM) real. we also take suggestions, cause we had to inflate the numbers thanks to posters who are nuts [waves to the cameras]
  7. Prayers for the Cintron's
  8. QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 06:29 PM) Here's the entire list if any is interested. http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=283&p=2&c=635519 Kapkoment was right about Aumont. Him and Tanner Robles have shot up since pre-season projections were last posted. It's a shame, as those two were pitchers I was hoping the White Sox would draft. I'm surprised Greg Peavey hasn't improved his stock. His low velocity (~88-90) and likelihood of attending Oregon State may have sent him down into the compensation round. If Jarrod Parker isn't available, I wouldn't mind taking a risk. Even though Boras is his agent. From what I've read, his velocity isn't overpowering but everything he features has movement and his slider is devastating. Although I absolutely love the idea of taking LaPorta. I just fear he'll move up past us if he continues raking. Wow. I can't believe the tragectory that Aumont is on. The first time I hear about him he was borderline 1st or 2nd round, now he might go #5... Wow.
  9. QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 10:44 PM) At least someone at the campus is ready to move on with life, and wants the medial jackals to leave. http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0407/416648.html Good for them. Hopefully the press listens to them, and respects their wishes.
  10. Happy Belated
  11. QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 12:57 AM) I'm with this guy. ^^^ All of the cool people are doing it! Happy Birthday Jason, and thanks again for almost 5 years of the best spot for White Sox baseball on the internet.
  12. Danks looked good, but I would have liked to have seen the killer instinct and pitch over the Uribe/Mack misplay. Hopefully that doesn't mean he has the old Garland thing of falling to pieces when something bad used to happen behind him.
  13. This game was a steal. We deserved to lose, and somehow pulled it out of our ass. It might be our year afterall...
  14. So today I took the day off of work and stayed home with Madison. We re-watched the no hitter, and I taught her how to boo Sammy Sosa. I am the best dad ever.
  15. QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 20, 2007 -> 11:22 AM) You sure it's two years? I thought it was only one? Working in trading, I know it is two years, because we use that as a selling point to trade commodities.
  16. So where is the Roise outrage? http://www.tomdelay.com/home/2007/4/11/if-...take-rosie.html
  17. Yesterday was a second record close, and today the Dow is up about 100 points, in shouting distance of 13000 for the first time in history, and still no posts? Dang, I guess you have to be down for there be any interest in the blue chips!
  18. Konerko and Crede also had much better approaches last night. Pauly kept trying to go to right and right center, and Crede really was shortening up his swing with two strikes. I also noticed AJ was going the other way with his swings. Hopefully this starts to carry over.
  19. QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 12:52 PM) The only way this would work, is if it was powered by the quest for oil. I could of sworn that Siberia had some untapped oil underneath it. If we made a push into Siberia with the help of Russia/and the US that could be the financial model that could make it feasible. I read in an article the other day that they estimate they haven't even tapped into about 98.5 percent of the mineral and energy resouces they have in Siberia.
  20. hey nice Avy... I am stealing it!
  21. QUOTE(NonSoxFanChitownMan @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 11:25 AM) Being a die hard Cubs fan, I just wanted to express my congrats to Mark on his fine accomplishment last night. For you Sox fans, it had to have been one Helluva Rush to see it happen. Congrats Mark on your achievement. Classy move! Thanks
  22. QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 12:43 PM) I read a little blurb a while back about Ichiro possibly going to Boston, but the rumor being shot down because between Dice-K and Ichiro, neither one of them wanted to play 2nd fiddle to each other. The reason I say that is, while Gooch isn't a major star by any means, if the Sox did infact land Ichiro, maybe it makes Tad want to leave.... Just a thought. Judging by the way Tada handled the two hole as a hitter, I don't believe ego is something that is a problem with him. He sacrficed statistics for two years to try to make his team win, and I don't think playing second fiddle to Irchiro would bother him at all.
  23. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 12:36 PM) He's already been thrown out by Victor Martinez this season. twice, right?
  24. QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 11:22 AM) If KW is willing to pay the price (which I highly doubt he is) a trade involving a soon to be free agent Ichiro is not totally out of the question. You're not exactly dealing with a genius in Seattle. And as for KW's question, that was his job this offseason, to find a REAL leadoff hitter and he f***ed that up. It's his own fault that he's backed into a corner yet again. QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 11:35 AM) he's gonna be a free-agent at the end of the year. Seattle might dump at all-star break when there 13 games under .500 I was thinking back at what teams were asking for their departing top line free agents over the last couple of years, and I really don't know about that. It would be awesome to get him, but I really don't think we have a chance, unless Tadahito can sell the Sox better than we ever though.
  25. QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 11:54 AM) Hey, Critic's back!!! How long have you been gone? Who? Never heard of him.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.