Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(Soxy @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 04:24 PM) To be honest, I agree with your general principle. I don't think we can just leave Iraq in a mess that we, basically, created with the war. But our current strategies are obviously not working. So, unless we're going to change strategies (and I have no idea to what) I don't see this getting any better. We need to change something somehow in our approach over there (and I don't count the surge as a new idea), so I'm not exactly sure what fresh ideas are being brought forth. All I know is if we keep doing the same stuff (that isn't working) then we're never going to make any headway. But I don't think we can, in good conscience, leave it in such a mess. Great so we have begun fighting this just like Vietnam. We might as well pull out, because we have already quit.
  2. This is a big one. This is over .500 and winning this series.
  3. Besides the obvious two, I don't think any of them are going to do anything bigger than the guys we already have.
  4. December 6, 2005 It took how long for someone to notice this article...
  5. QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 03:12 PM) IIRC, Mike said it would be a cold day in hell when you received an MBA And it was a pretty cold day at Wrigley Field...
  6. AWESOME!!! I can't wait two years to find out if Chicago gets it or not!
  7. QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 02:23 PM) I edited this link into my earlier post, but its worth posting again. A VERY cool resource on all things LOST: http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Main_Page yeah, i was just checking that out from the first link. Very cool stuff. This one is pretty cool too. http://losteastereggs.blogspot.com/
  8. Yikes, that sounds like the storm we got in August that about destroyed half of the town.
  9. Yeah I keep waiting for the Walt/Michael thing to re-emerge. No detail seems to be innocent in this show, and it would be super-anticlimactic for them to be "home".
  10. QUOTE(kapkomet @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 02:12 PM) Yea, that's true... but why? Why is Dubai so different then the rest of the Middle East? Well for one thing they are pretty tolerant of different people and ideas...
  11. It did come as a surprise to Ben and the Others, so that seems pretty plausible to me...
  12. I thought we knew the plane crashed because the button didn't get pushed and the magnet brought it down... Or do you have another sinister plan in place?
  13. QUOTE(kapkomet @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 01:34 PM) This is a difficult one... because I don't think the ideals of Islam and "capitalism"/"democracy" really coincide. Am I wrong about that? And, if they don't coincide, then you all are right, and we really are wasting our time. They seem to just fine in Dubai FWIW.
  14. Prior needs to leave the Cubs. He will never, ever be successful with them.
  15. QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 01:08 PM) I'm hoping it's the smoke-monster! That was my first thought, with its re-emergence after Kate and Juliet last week. I guess we will see.
  16. QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 12:52 PM) This was just posted on Aintitcool.com What sad is I was really hoping for the DeGroot flashbacks. Ooh, I wonder which "mystery" they are talking about? There is a whole load of stuff that happened that they have never gone back to.
  17. Wow, great deal for Cleveland, bad deal for us.
  18. QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 12:48 PM) How fast does Imus have an XM gig? Or at his age, grab a hoe, plant some veggies, retire to the ranch, and call it a career. Now THAT Is what got him in trouble in the first place!!
  19. QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 12:43 PM) When it comes to cheerleaders eating popsicles...I'm serious! Especially if they are in a mascots uniform!!!
  20. I don't see liking the two parks as mutally exclusive. I loved the old ballpark, but totally understood needing a new one. The Old Lady was done for. More than anything I would have loved to see the skyline involved in the stadium's view somehow ala Cleveland and Detroit.
  21. I really admire the work that this ad agency does. 2X4 productions has done some great work on the Sox behalf. The only team that competes in Chicago with the Sox marketing-wise is the Bulls, and I am sure they use the same companies.
  22. Hopefully everything is OK.
  23. Ah finally sanity. Guess who said this... “We, [deleted], accept — accept — Mr. Imus’ apology, and we are in the process of forgiving,” “We still find his statements to be unacceptable, and this is an experience that we will never forget,” “These comments are indicative of greater ills in our culture,” “It is not just Mr. Imus, and we hope that this will be and serve as a catalyst for change. Let us continue to work hard together to make this world a better place.” http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18089620/ Yeah, it wasn't either of the esteemed reverends who have been chasing this around, it was the Rutgers women's coach C. Vivian Stringer. Kudos to her for trying to make a positive change here, instead of festering the situation for her own gain.
  24. QUOTE(WhiteSoxFan1 @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 10:45 AM) Depends what you mean by hung up. If anything she seems annoyed and looking for change, but at the same time she realizes after dating for 2 years there is an emotion comfortness and attachment. Those kind of relationships pretty much always bomb because she is still trying to fix the last relationship. I wouldn't kill myself for her if I was you.
  25. If she is hung up on another guy, I wouldn't bother.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.