Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 09:38 AM) Meaning? I just copy and pasted what you said earlier. If you want to argue against fear and conjecture it one instance, it doesn't make sense to use it in your very next response as a basis for your arguement. We can all sit here and "what if" ourselves to death, and the debate will go absolutely no where (which seems to be exactly where this thread is going so far). I just wanted to point out the inconsistancies of the posts.
  2. QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 09:33 AM) I really don't think a shoot out ala the old wild west is the answer. Well you can live in a world based in fear...
  3. The shooter now is being named, and confirmed as the only shooter. http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2007-0...ch_N.htm?csp=34
  4. QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 08:04 AM) If he thinks Rangers fans are fair weathered he is in for a big surprise here. He'll like fair-weathered after getting a load of our fans turning on him.
  5. QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Apr 16, 2007 -> 04:32 PM) I said this all offseason and people thought I was crazy. I'm also looking forward to Michael Young stinking up the joint this next series too. Michael Young 2007 watch: Home: .240/.296/.560 (27 PA's) Away: .160/.192/.160 (26 PA's) A difference of .504 in OPS. When has Michael Young NOT ever tore us a new one?
  6. QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Apr 16, 2007 -> 04:43 PM) Remind me who had the only hit in yesterday's 9th inning. Is it Thome's fault he doesn't get anything to hit in the late inning especially with a base open? If you were a pitcher in a close game and a hitter like Thome came to bat, would you give him anything close to hit? Didn't think so. Other major leaguers seem to be able to handle it, especially with guys who put up over 40 homers hitting behind them. QUOTE(rafacosta @ Apr 16, 2007 -> 08:36 PM) Coming back to BA. Isn't strange that he doesnt want to play winter league because he got a stomach virus down there in Venezuela? How many US players go to play there and don't have any problem? I think he should know better before criticizing the manager's home country. From what I see is that Ozzie does not want him to play because he went to Venezuela and acted like a star and pussy. QUOTE(rafacosta @ Apr 16, 2007 -> 08:56 PM) Well, when I meant that he acted like a star was not adapting to the country and missing the american cuisine, culture, etc and not willing to interact with the local culture. I strongly feel that Ozzie is mainly upset with him because of all this Venezuela stuff. I am pretty sure that BA was saying some bad stuff about the country behind Ozzie and Ozzie got to know that. Of course BA will not criticize in front of the media otherwise he would be in bad shape. Well if that is the way people treated him down there, I can imagine why he wouldn't want to go back. At the sametime, its stuff like that, which seems very consistant with the stories leaking out of the clubhouse about Brian Anderson. He really is sounding more and more like another DAngelo Jimenez with all of the potential in the world, an ego to match, and a questionable work ethic. It is hard to reward guys like that.
  7. QUOTE(SuperSteve @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 12:10 AM) Well, wasn't Athens well over budget and had financial issues and huge debts after 2004? The population of Greece is only about 1 million people more than the entire Chicago metropolitian area, not to mention the HUGE income disparity. Greece also was the first post 9-11 summer games, and they did not plan for the new security needs that came with that. We now have fair notice. We also have the entire US to support this bid, versus something the size of Greece/Athens.
  8. oooh. Damn are they going to be good next year. What do people think, are they the favorites to win the Big Ten?
  9. I could hardly watch any of the coverage last night. I know the urge to blame someone is human nature, but it has seemingly taken over and completely overshadowed the important thing here. 33 people are dead. People's kids are never coming home. There will be a time to sort out the who, what, where and when, but for now, I think we need to worry about these families who will never be the same again. May God be with everyone of them.
  10. The gun control arguement reminds me a lot of the free speech arguement. One side chips away at the "rights" (depends on what your definition of constitutional rights are here) little by little, while the other side swears that you can't have any laws impeading guns at all, otherwise you are violation of the constititution.
  11. QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 16, 2007 -> 06:17 PM) Which begs the question, should Presidents ever receive credit or blame for the economy? Well that depends on how much action the President takes to influence the economy. Not all fiscal tools are at the disposal of just the federal reserve bank. Things like tax rates are the control of the President and Congress, while things like interest rates, and banking reserve laws are the behest of the Fed Bank.
  12. QUOTE(Jimbo @ Apr 16, 2007 -> 01:00 PM) VA Tech has a ton of explaining to do...Lock the s*** down and keep your students safe....they were moving targets for a f***in whacko. Come on man, it is way too early for this kind of speculation. We literally have no idea exactly what happened.
  13. QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 16, 2007 -> 12:24 PM) So runs late in the game mean more than runs early in the game? Heh -- ya learn something new every day! Yeah, go ahead runs in the 9th inning mean a little more than go ahead runs in the first inning if you ask me.
  14. QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 16, 2007 -> 12:17 PM) You just seemed to quantify a 'good hitter' as someone who gets big hits late in games and since Pods and Uribe are supposedly the only 'good hitters' right now I just assumed that Pods had some big moments this year that I don't remember. For me it is actually a combination of watching games and the statistics. I know for many it is one or the other, but I don't get into playing games on paper too much, or falling in blind love/hate with a player.
  15. Pretty much most sports radio is a complete waste of time IMO. They are just a bunch of guys who take contra-opinions to generate phone calls, or saying stupid things to get attention. There is no one in this town I would be upset with if they weren't on the radio tomorrow.
  16. QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 16, 2007 -> 12:11 PM) Yeah, I was going strickly from memory on that one, not really close. Anyway, that's a late game RBI right there. I'm still waiting for some of Pods' big late game moments. See my last comment.... pretty much only Uribe has been clutch when it really mattered. Pods has actually just been doing what he should be doing in getting on base consistantly. Then again we don't pay him for 40 homers and 120 RBIs, so I don't expect that from him either.
  17. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 16, 2007 -> 11:29 AM) Now this is the McCain I've been waiting to hear from. Now that is something I like to hear.
  18. Um, I hate to break this to you BS, but the very first thing on the list is a complete lie, unless by strongest economy every, you mean in recession within 6 weeks. Actually looking over that the great majority of the economic figures are either a result of the recession he inhertited, or as a result of 9-11. I always like when facts are distorted, or just made into out right lies.
  19. QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 16, 2007 -> 11:56 AM) I think most everybody luvs Thome. I just think everybody is frustrated at the big bats not producing as they should as a whole. That's the funny part. You can't seem to have a differing opinion without it being blown up into something it is not. I was one who loved the deal to get Thome, and the fact that it meant Frank was moving on. I still think Thome is a great player, and will have a great year, he just hasn't done anything big so far, but really no one on the offensive side of the game has been clutch except for Uribe.
  20. QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 16, 2007 -> 11:53 AM) That 2 run 8th inning HR in a 2-1 game in Oakland was pretty big. It's ok, for whatever reason every time Thome does something big late in a game it gets ignored. What two run homer in a 2-1 game? I see Thome with a solo shot in the 4th and a run scoring single in the eighth. http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playbyplay?g...mp;refresh=null
  21. QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 16, 2007 -> 11:48 AM) Yeah, that's bulls*** but I guess that's what happens when you're Jim Thome, he got this same sort of talk last year as well. When has he gotten a big hit late in a game this year? The only thing I can find is the run scoring single in Oakland. Everything else has been way early in games. QUOTE(Capn12 @ Apr 16, 2007 -> 11:49 AM) The bit about Thome isn't true. Read the numbers from Kalapse. There are three types of lies. Lies, damned lies, and statistics. Read my prior post.
  22. QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 16, 2007 -> 11:20 AM) And 90 percent of that is due to our 3,4,5,6, hitters who should be producing at a high rate. Thank you. We just gave up eight earned runs in three games to Cleveland and lost two out of three. There is no excuse for that. The offense has been terrible, and its the guys who get paid the big money who have been leading the flop parade. Its sad, but Pods and Uribe have been our best hitters. Thome has put up some "numbers", but it has been pretty much been from the Sammy Sosa school of hitting when the pressure is off.
  23. QUOTE(quickman @ Apr 16, 2007 -> 10:15 AM) Who the hell cares about Brian Andersen. He is nothing, he will not get us to the playoffs nor might he be anything other than what he is. I know people like him because he is young, a surfer dude, who acts kool, but the guy is a non entity. Really who cares. Move on he is a fringe player. eh, at times I honestly think that people like Anderson only because Ozzie does not. Anderson got ripped up one side and down the other here last year, and now all of the sudden he is a cult hero, and he hasn't done anything. Its kinda funny actually.
  24. QUOTE(Soxy @ Apr 16, 2007 -> 07:54 AM) I don't think I said that. I mean, we just need to think of a new way to approach. I'm not talking about what you said, I am talking about what Nuke referred to in his post, and in his thread about the way we are fighting this. If we are letting things like this go on, we aren't fighting anymore anyway. This is a miserable PR campaign now, and is doomed to failure. Fighting not to lose, just means you are not fighting to win. Bring the boys home, because this is over. EDIT: Sorry, I meant to quote NUKE!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.