Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. Now we are upto #18 after the mastery of last night
  2. What problem are you having? I can try to fix it.
  3. http://www.talkbhawks.com/forums/index.php...0entry219
  4. I just posted this story at the Hawks site. http://www.talkbhawks.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=86 Wow. I figured they screwed themselves with all of the late wins.
  5. If all things were equal, and they all had a chance to prepare as starters, I think today Massett would be the best followed by Sisco, and then Thornton. I think Andy Sisco could be the best if he get a year at AAA to refine his secondary pitches and stretch out to 180 innings or so.
  6. QUOTE(Jimbo @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 10:36 AM) thats why im pondering the game thread, i hate unkown pitchers YOu have no choice. POST THE THREAD!
  7. QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 10:02 AM) With this Sox offense, sure....but remember Roger Clemens the last couple of seasons in HOU? I think the White Sox led the league in pitching in 1993 (all their starters were below 4.00) and I don't think any of the starters won 20. Also, our bullpen is more than capable of blowing a few wins for the starters. Well of course I am basing this on the Sox offense... That's who supports our pitchers!
  8. QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Apr 7, 2007 -> 07:18 PM) I'll take 15 wins and an ERA below 4.00 and go from there with the rest of the rotation. Any pitcher on this staff with an era under 4.00 will win at least 15 games, and probably more like 20.
  9. If it were so easy to do, 28 other teams would have already done this.
  10. Right now I am almost finished with "Secret Archives of the Vatican." Very interesting so far.
  11. BTW, to the thread-starter... How do you sell fire exactly, and why would the White Sox do so? Do you anticipate this as a source of revenue for the team in the future.
  12. Good for Mark. I will confess, I was kind of looking forward to Massett pitching again, but I guess I will settle for MB
  13. Wow. How sad. Let me tell you as a child of divorced parents, it makes sense that his mind was else where during the opener. There might not be a more aggrivating or stressful life event.
  14. Wow, if you get a guy like Honel to emerge, along with the arms Kenny aquired, plus the guys like Russell and Egbert who are having coming out parties, and add that to the more polished guys like Broadway and McCulloch... Wow we have some pitching in our system all of the sudden.
  15. Why would you believe a broke college kid who says he is waiting to get millions of dollars? You might get the occasional Noah, but more often than not these kids are out the door.
  16. No big surprise here. This has been coming like a Cubs collapse in the pennant race.
  17. This was happy news to wake up to indeed
  18. #24 Zoom Slowik
  19. Much more interesting is that Victor Martinez could be going on the DL.
  20. I do think he could be a starter. He seemed to get better the further along he went in both of his outings so far. They would just need to stretch him out for it.
  21. QUOTE(knightni @ Apr 7, 2007 -> 12:24 AM) Urban Dictionary: Those were a big favorite where I went to college... that is unless it happened to you.
  22. A little bit of note on that... The Sox are the first team in MLB to do this, but not the first sports franchise. This has happened a lot more in the NBA, and there is no such thing as a close press box in the NHL or NFL. The big difference is the press row is more of a permanent fixture in a baseball stadium versus the NHL and NBA who tend to share arenas meaning their areas tend to be more temporary anyway. Trust me, this will be the norm in 5 years.
  23. Allen is repeated Kannapolis of the SAL. He really needs to cut down on his strikeouts if he is going to start to climb the ladder in the Sox system. The one thing he has going for him is that he is still only 21 years old, and has time to learn and still make it.
  24. IMO $5 million in revenue>where the press sits for free.
  25. QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 9, 2007 -> 11:57 AM) They REALLY miss Danks. 80 some odd posts on a guy that is no longer in Texas. I just had to smile reading it. I shouldn't mention the Frank Thomas 500 thread right now should I Anyway, I really think Danks and Brandon will cancel each other out once all is said and done. I think both of them will settle in the middle of their respective rotations over the next few years. Massett is the guy they are really going to miss when all is said and done. His stuff is just electric, and he really seems to have a plan on how to use it.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.