Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
cho seung-hui exposed
QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 10:52 AM) I don't see what the point is of figuring out what started this. It's obvious the kid was nuts - he was pyschopath who snapped. Why does there need to be a reason, be it music, video games, movies, or our culture? We diagnose crazies and argue that it's not their fault because some wires in their brain connected the wrong way or they suffer from some sort of chemical imbalance. But when it comes to crazy people acting out there always has to be some outside influence that caused it, especially when dealing with younger people. The kid missed the boat on normal development. It obviously wasn't a result of his environment as his sister grew up to be a Princeton grad with an Economics degree (who is now working for the State Dept on rebuilding Iraq). He should have been put into an asylum a long time ago. He should never have been allowed to attend a public university (or more importantly, STAY at a public university after being labeled a harm to himself) and he definitely should not have been given the opportunity to purchase a gun. The ONE gun related law I'd like to see change would be a background check on any mental health issue. Crazy people should not have guns. Its really easy to say that, its much harder to actually put that into practice. To be honest this pretty much would have just taken the consititution and wiped your ass with it. First of all the spectrum of "any mental health issue" is so huge, there would be no consititutional way of deciding who is fit or not to own a gun. Second would be the fact that it would be difficult to keep a persons medical records private in the scenario you are painting. I guarentee you that statistically you know people who would be labeled as having "mental health issues" who function just fine in everyday society, and you have no clue about. Also realize that anyone who has a mental health issue, doesn't make them crazy.
-
Sox Talk
QUOTE(The Critic @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 11:08 AM) Ahhhhh, but here's where they got CLEVER. Their show is not "soxtalk", it's "Sox Talk". Two words!!! I'd like to announce my new show, Com Cast!!!! It's a broadCAST about COMmunism!!! Brian Anderson is the host? QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 11:05 AM) is the name "soxtalk" copyrighted/trademarked or anything? Good question... I don't know to be honest, but I don't think so. I have no idea how laws work in this area.
-
Sox Talk
QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 10:57 AM) Ha, they'd never get this domain. This website is better than anything Comcast could put together. ^ That. I know people have approached Jason in the past with cash in hand, and he has turned them down cold. I bet it would take one hell of an offer to buy this domain. Heck maybe we should be looking an attourney to make sure they aren't screwing up our good name with their s***ty show.
-
cho seung-hui exposed
QUOTE(sircaffey @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 10:51 AM) Exactly. The guy's human trash. There is no reason anyone should give any thought to what he has to say. Certainly not attempt to understand his "message." He doesnt deserve our time. I don't think it is about trying to understand his message as much as understanding him, so that we can try to stop this from happening in the future.
-
Stupid, idiotic commercials.
"Honey who am I?" "Spongebob, NO Pants!" GRRRRRRRR....
-
SOX NO-HITTERS
The Hawkins one is not considered a no hitter either IIRC.
-
Urlacher fined 100K
LMAO. The free advertising is worth way more than 100K.
-
Kenny is a funny guy
QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 10:01 AM) CORRECTION: XBOX 360. I'm poor, so sue me!
-
Kenny is a funny guy
QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 09:57 AM) yeah Ichro is no where near as good as PODS. The quote was were are you going to get a guy, not who could I get on my XBOX...
-
Tape/DVD of tonight's game?
QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 09:57 AM) Yeah, it ran at 11:30 with full pregame and all... Excellent!
-
MARK BUEHRLE HAS PITCHED A NO-HITTER!
QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 09:45 AM) Never thought I'd hear Ed Farmer's voice on the Howard Stern show...but I did today! Were Ed and Howard talking about Sanjaya?
-
Tape/DVD of tonight's game?
So for those who stayed up, did the Sox game run at 11:30? I set the VCR to tape it.
-
A LOOK AT EACH SOX NO-HITTER
QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 09:04 AM) http://www.brainyhistory.com/events/1990/j...990_163826.html July 12, 1990 in History Event: Chicago White Sox Melido Perez no-hits Yankees 8-0 in a rain shortened 6 inning game at Yankee Stadium (7th no-hitter of 1990) MLB changed their rules a few years back, and a no hitter must be for at least a full regulation game.
-
SOX NO-HITTERS
I came close to watching the Sox get no hit as a kid. I don't know if anyone else remembers this game or not, but it was 1984 or 1985. The game was against the Blue Jays and Dave Steib was pitching. The Sox had been no-hit through 8 innings and were losing 6-0 going to the 9th. The fans had actually began to cheer for the Jays, because they wanted to see the no hitter. I asked my dad why they were rooting for the other team, because it didn't make sense to a 10 year old. The first pitch of the ninth inning was hit out of the park by Rudy Law. The second pitch of the inning was another homer by Bryan Little. Harold Baines worked a few pitches before hitting a missle out of the park to make it 6-3, and that was all for Steib. After that they brought in a reliever who gave up back to back doubles to Ron Kittle and Carlton Fisk to make it 6-4, before finally retiring the side to end the game.
-
Buehrle Wallpaper (request)
Seriously, if anyone has time for this, it would be awesome. Besides, it would really piss off the Cubs fans who have to look at it
-
Went to an Iowa Cubs game tonight....
Never been to an Iowa Cubs game, but I have been to quite a few minor league games in general. There is a still innocent atmosphere at these places, which is hard to find anymore. We are pretty lucky out here to have nice parks and organizations in both Gary and South Bend to take in for fairly cheap.
-
king felix leaves with undisclosed injury
Hopefully the kid is OK.
-
4/18 games
QUOTE(danman31 @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 12:11 AM) Charlotte lost 7-4. Owens 2-5. Sweeney 2-3. Rogo 1-3, HR. Haeger destroyed. Box Score So was that the infamous Fabio Castro that pitched against us last night?
-
Ozzie/Buehrle reppin' VT hats
Nice touch guys
-
American Idol
QUOTE(knightni @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 01:05 AM) My sister actually screamed, "YES!" at the TV when Sanjaya got kicked off last night. ^^^ Finally.
-
Stocks and investing thread
No mentions of yesterday's new record close in the Dow? I kept waiting to see it...
-
Over/Under: People at the game tonight
millions...
-
MARK BUEHRLE HAS PITCHED A NO-HITTER!
I am so pissed off!!! How DARE Mark make me choose between LOST and a no hitter! That isn't faiR! It wasn't easy to position myself and my TVs so that I could see both of them, and I had to update the wife as well! ACK!
-
MARK BUEHRLE HAS PITCHED A NO-HITTER!
What an incredible pitching preformance, and an incredible at bat by Jermaine. Congratulations to Mark Buehrle on your no hitter!
-
I want to be remembered for...
QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 18, 2007 -> 02:51 PM) And for being the world's oldest living person. Well you got one thing checked off your list