Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. southsider2k5 replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Feb 2, 2007 -> 01:00 PM) I thought last night's episode was just okay. I am trying to remember though, was Andy even in it? I didn't see Andy at all. I can't wait to see what they do with him. Especially if Michael ever figures out Andy is the one who has been trying to torpedo new golden boy, Dwight.
  2. QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 2, 2007 -> 12:58 PM) maybe it's a label contractual thing as, technically. Rolling Stone was by Dr. Hook And The Medicine Show. I dunno, but I agree it should be there, if only to remind me of my freaky little lady name of Cocaine Katie. Ah, now that would make some sense.
  3. The first game I remember was during the summer of the Southside Hitmen in 77. I know I went to games before that, but I couldn't tell you anything about them.
  4. How could there be a Dr Hook greatest hits CD without "The Cover of the Rolling Stone?" Its sacreligious I tell you.
  5. southsider2k5 replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Feb 2, 2007 -> 08:54 AM) Yah, that was hysterical. I especially liked that they blurred almost everything behind them. I don't know why I found that funny, but I did. I thought that was the funniest part of that whole scene.
  6. Happy Birthday to all of the Spring Flinglings
  7. QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 2, 2007 -> 08:40 AM) And that is fine. Save for the insecure men/boys, everyone thinks it's cute. Madison looked damned cute in her pink Sox stuff, if I do say so myself. Then again she looked cute in the black and white stuff too, but then again I am a little biased.
  8. Harry Potter already #1
  9. QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 1, 2007 -> 09:23 PM) LMAO... I suppose I can ask my new best friend KDubya. As for the name complaining I can think of several who probably hurt themselves getting to a phone to b**** about it. That doesn't make any less petty. Why would you be so insecure as to care about what the event is called? That is the part I don't get.
  10. QUOTE(AssHatSoxFan @ Feb 2, 2007 -> 07:53 AM) phil predicts an early spring! Maybe Phil should get a job at ESPN?
  11. southsider2k5 replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    Didn't Ben Franklin has syphilis? Yeah, but I don't.
  12. Only seeing the previews, there is no way I would pay to see it.
  13. A Cubs fan. It figures.
  14. southsider2k5 replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Feb 2, 2007 -> 12:56 AM) Dwight arguing with Ben Franklin... The Sexiest President ever!
  15. Hal: That is just pathetic and sad, and it completely misses the whole spirit of what is going on. The whole point is supposed to be to get together and have some fun. You work your ass off annually to put this together and I know how much we all appreciate it. Let me promise you that no one from here is complaining about something as miniscule as what the event is called. For as much work as you do on it, you could call it Hal-Fest, and I would still be there, and have just as much fun. I am really sorry that you and the Sox have had to listen to that. If you need any help with this, just let me know.
  16. QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Feb 1, 2007 -> 06:25 PM) May I suggest if you're having trouble on the phone with the CPD somebody going to the office in person? Sometimes you can't hack through the bureaucracy on the phone and in person you'll have more luck. If this is a downtown thing (the office) I'd be willing to give it a crack. Let me know. the office I need to talk to is at 541 North Hendricks. I will give it another chance or two over the phone as I have a couple of questions I need to ask, but thanks for the offer. I am really excited about this, as if this works out, it will be a really awesome event.
  17. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 1, 2007 -> 02:16 PM) I disagree. I think that there actually is something of a center in American politics; in almost every issue, you can find one side, or another, or a balance of the two, where a huge majority of Americans will agree with you. The problem is...the very vocal people have a habit of not liking those positions. For example; on Iraq, there is strong support on the part of a huge majority of the American people for beginning to draw down American troops very soon and having some sort of deadline within a year or two where the majority are out. On abortion, the "Safe, legal, and rare" setup seems to poll very strongly; most people don't want it banned, but want it to be as rare as possible. On taxes, in general, most Americans think that the government wastes too much money and is too corrupt. And so on. So in other words, if you were to find the exact median voter on an issue, he or she would fall somehwere on the spectrum, but the issue winds up being that the media and politicians often refuse to acknowledge those majorities. There is a distinction you are missing there. When I said politics, I meant our politicians. There is no doubt there by its very nature, the general public is going to be centrist. But when it comes to politicians, there is no middle ground, you have to be in one camp or the other, or you are out.
  18. "The Center" doesn't exsist in American politics anymore. To get anywhere today you have to be in line with one party or another, or risk alienating them both, and being left out in the cold.
  19. It bothers me when the change in thinking is done simply because they other side changed their minds.
  20. QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Feb 1, 2007 -> 01:24 PM) You guys talking about playing right there in Armour Square Park? That's what I am going to try for. I just tried getting ahold of the Parks district to ask about, and spent 15 minutes on hold before I had to go back to work...
  21. QUOTE(mreye @ Feb 1, 2007 -> 12:51 PM) I couldn't stand them at first. I couldn't figure it out. Then, I ran out of "my books" (Political, History, Non-Fiction) and took the first book on the train ride with me - my wife has them all. I was hooked. I couldn't put it down. Usually I only read on the train. I read the Harry Potters every chance I got. It kinda made me sick to live with myself. I mean, how could I actually enjoy this fiction crap? So, yes, I'm excited! Its better than your real life?
  22. QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Feb 1, 2007 -> 12:06 PM) Knight is just mad that hes in Indiana and therefore dq'ed. Where as me a Chicago native, and of course the best White Sox fan on the planet will be able to enter. You, my friend, are an anti-regionite.
  23. FYI, I split out all of the excess stuff that was in here. If it doesn't involve this thread, please keep it to PMs. To summarize, we'd love to hear from people who have interest in the softball game, and/or feel free to click the link provided by Hal to join us for the patio party. You don't have to participate in both events if you do not wish to do so. Also you would not need to be present for the softball game in order to make a donation to the charity referenced in my prior post. I do have to contact the city of Chicago to get costs, rules, procedures, forms, insurance info etc, and I will have a final informational post once I find out all of the answers.
  24. QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Feb 1, 2007 -> 11:58 AM) I see NOTHING wrong with a product that gets millions and millions of kids to read books. I think it's great!!! Exactly.
  25. They elected Ventura, why not?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.