Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(YASNY @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 12:49 PM) Here's the rotoworld blip: Still, wouldn't the guy have had trade value for a prospect of some kind? I know the guy had injury issues and all, but still.
  2. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 12:49 PM) I believe this could seriously increase Ahmadinejad's power in that nation. Either he'll be able to consolidate power, or this is the big openning the moderates have been waiting for. I don't think there is much in between right now. Especially with the situations between Sunni and Shiites all over the middle east, the potential for revolution is there.
  3. QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 11:14 AM) Havlat! back tonight.
  4. Wow. What a complete waste of money, and the release of Hernandez just blows my mind. He had zero value?
  5. http://pajamasmedia.com/2006/12/special_to..._supreme_le.php
  6. QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 12:23 PM) Actually I didn't throw any accusation at you. Just hyperbole. It is silly to say that I blindly criticize the Sox when I give thoughtful, meaningful, and well supported criticism whenever I do criticize. One can certainly disagree with my criticisms, but they aren't without merit. Nor are they knee-jerk reactions. They are just my opinions, which are as valid as any on here. And, personally, I think they are much more valuable than the people who say, "I love KW, so it must be a good move." You have been callling anyone who disagrees with you a blind homer for quite a while now, its not like its anything earth shattering by now. Its just completely played out, and more fit for boards like the MLB boards to be honest. There are pleny of people who don't like deals, but can at least articlulate out their opinions without having to fall back on namecalling people who think differently than you. And personally I believe that when calling someone names is the thrust of anyones arguement, it totally devalues there opinion.
  7. QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 12:10 PM) I'm working hard on becoming a blind homer who loves every move Kenny makes. I don't think I'm there yet. Well you totally have the "blind" part down. The funny part is you're throwing accusasions around without having a clue as to what I think of the deal.
  8. QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 12:04 PM) How silly. I loved the Thome trade. How about that? Hey, its only been a year... Congrats on that.
  9. QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 11:58 AM) YASNY, when is the last time you were critical of a Sox move at the time it was made? Ever? When's the last time you weren't? Blindly critisizing everything makes you just as bad, or worse, than the very same people you keep attacking.
  10. QUOTE(YASNY @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 10:58 AM) There's a huge difference between 'any criticism' and constant criticism. I'd say "perpetual", but hey, to each his own.
  11. QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 6, 2006 -> 02:39 PM) However, If you guys want I can try to find another option of board software that I may know of or something along those lines. I also want to thank Brian, Keith, Steve & Pauly for all there work over there!!!!! And LDF!
  12. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 6, 2006 -> 06:58 PM) 1 year, $8.5 mil for Piazza. I'm sorry, but I think the A's just got a lot worse compared to the monster they had at DH last year. That' what, $500k less than Thomas will be making? And all they had to do was commit to another year. Anyway, the good news is, this is one less place for Barry Bonds to bring his black cloud. It wasn't that simple apparently. I guess Toronto offered Frank $8 million up front, where as Oakland just offered him a salary.
  13. QUOTE(It @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 09:46 AM) Supposedly the Astros are getting Jon Garland Astros get Garland? QUOTE(Sox It To Em @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 09:49 AM) http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4385643.html Holy f***. Holy s***, this team is getting melted down right in front of our eyes.
  14. QUOTE(Sox It To Em @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 09:21 AM) According to the guys at WSI, Bruce Levine is reporting that the Sox are very close to another big trade (sorry if already been posted). Any details at all... players... teams?
  15. Soft perks are such a simple and inexpensive way to do business, and I have no idea why companies don't use more of these techniques in recruiting and retention of employees. You don't necesarily have to pay people a lot of money, if they think you care about them in the little ways.
  16. I don't care about what used to be better in the old days...
  17. http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews....=rss&rpc=22
  18. QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Dec 6, 2006 -> 09:09 PM) Anybody else a little shocked that Tex and Flaxx aren't here getting all "geeky" on us??? When I posted this, I was thinking it had Flaxx written all over it
  19. Happy Birthday NSS
  20. southsider2k5 posted a topic in SLaM
    Today is the 65th anniversary of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. I just wanted to take a moment to remember those who have served our country, and thank them all, again
  21. http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/space/12/06/m...r.ap/index.html There are some pretty cool pics in there as well.
  22. QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Dec 6, 2006 -> 02:13 PM) That's understandable. The idea was fine, but the upkeep (with now two viruses/hackers) was probably too much considering the small community. I'm cool with posting my Hawk thoughts in this thread. The big problem was the version of the board was super-vulnerable to hacking, and with as few members as it had, it didn't pay to put up the cash for a new version for like 20 people. Maybe in the future if they fix the holes in the invision boards, but it just isn't practical right now.
  23. QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Dec 6, 2006 -> 02:00 PM) You mean Morse? This is how rumors get started. People throw around names, and other people see those names, and those said people start talking. QUOTE(Frank the Tank 35 @ Dec 6, 2006 -> 02:04 PM) Morse got caught in the Seattle system, right? I thought Olivo was caught doing something illegal in our system. I could definitely be mistaken. I certainly don't intend to start any nasty rumors. Olivo was caught with a corked bat in the minors.
  24. QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Dec 6, 2006 -> 12:40 PM) Rumors are going around that Calder could be coming back... Interesting... that must have been a conflict with Yawney then, huh.
  25. Vote or end up as Britney's publicist.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.