Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(fathom @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 10:20 AM) BTW, I hope people don't start freaking out if KW doesn't make a move during the meetings. It's better off if he waits until Zito and Schmidt sign. In reality, this is too early for Kenny anyway, if you go back and look at his history. he likes to let things shake out before he makes his move during the winter, and make his move early during the season.
  2. Mets offer 6 years, $105 million to Zito
  3. QUOTE(RockRaines @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 09:50 AM) I posted this in the other thread as well. It was reported on ESPN 1000 this morning that execs from the White Sox and Yankees met early this morning in the White Sox suite reportedly to discuss A-rod. This deal makes almost too much sense for both teams. I keep thinking that in spite of what we keep getting told about it.
  4. QUOTE(iamshack @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 09:44 AM) I don't know if this has already been posted, my apologies if it has. It's a Scott Merkin article about a rumored Mark for Milledge deal. http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article...rtnered=rss_mlb One of the newest rumors making its way around the Swan and Dolphin Resort on Monday involved the movement of White Sox southpaw Mark Buehrle via trade to the Mets in return for outfielder Lastings Milledge. I can't see this deal happening without us getting another arm in return.
  5. QUOTE(kapkomet @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 09:41 AM) I can't wait for the recounts threads. So as the moderators, Soxy and I totally get to play the role of the Supreme Court
  6. http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,...1565925,00.html
  7. I voted for NSS72. He was definately the closest to my point of view of the canditiates. I do encourage those who feel that PA, Tex, and Rex are their favorite canditates to vote for them, as they always gave well read, intelligent, and thoughtful answers throughout this process. They worked hard, and deserve support, even if my world view is different than theirs is. Good luck to all of the canditates, and I can't wait to see what happens in the Florida balloting.
  8. I don't care about things that PA doesn't care about.
  9. QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Dec 4, 2006 -> 08:14 PM) Yup, AP makes something like $14 mil. Almost funny at this point. Best player in the bigs gets $14 mil. Oops. Still, there's a point where the $ don't matter except in terms of silly vanity. Hopefully, Albert's passed that point. If you had to choose between being Ruth or Carnegie, who would you choose? I'd take Ruth in a heartbeat. You mean a choice between drinking/eating yourself to death or giving literally billions of dollars back to the rest of the world? Give me Carnegie anytime.
  10. Its Bobby Bonds FWIW>
  11. southsider2k5 replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Dec 4, 2006 -> 02:25 PM) http://www.progressiveboink.com/dugout/archive/b35.html That was awesome
  12. QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Dec 4, 2006 -> 01:48 PM) does this thread have anything to do with Michael....BOLTON? I am a Michael Bolton FAN!
  13. An Empire of Wealth It was an excellent history of the major American industries through the times of the USA.
  14. Enough about Notre Dame football, can't we talk about something a little less controversial like say abortion, or the Iraq war?
  15. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 4, 2006 -> 12:51 PM) I wasn't expecting Bloomberg. Bloomberg surprises me as well. How interesting would it be to have Guiliani and Bloomberg in the same race?
  16. QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Dec 4, 2006 -> 11:48 AM) PRICELESS. As far as the point, and correct me if I'm wrong, but steroids physically manipulate your playing ability, not the same as wife abuse, fighting (depending on how you look at it), tax fraud, and sometimes drugs (depending on what point in time and what kind). My point is that thile all of those activities are ALL illegal, but at the time McGwire was playing at least, NONE of them were against the rules of MLB.
  17. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 4, 2006 -> 11:52 AM) But when you go in with that belief as your primary outlook, then that prevents you from being able to squeeze any good out of what there actually is in that organization, and it makes it easier for everyone else to demonize you. You don't get people to enforce resolutions by walking into a room, yelling out "You all have no balls to enforce resolutions", and then asking people to join you in doing things. Some people may not like it, and to the "with us or against us at all costs" crowd such nuance is sickening, but that doesn't mean that no good can come from it, and that doesn't mean that doing the opposite won't make things worse. Heck I'd be happy if the UN had actually passed a resolution with balls, let alone having the balls to enforce them. I am not much of a fan of his techniques, but the UN needs a kick in the ass. Right now they are a nuetered organization that is too easily tied up into special interests of as few as one country, to actually be effective. When you have to argue as long as they have, over whether what is going on in Darfur is technically a genocide or not, that tells me everything I need to know about the UN in its current form.
  18. I'm not going to pretend to know anything about this kid, but hopefully this is a sign of things to come from our international scouts.
  19. Wii

    southsider2k5 replied to Buehrle>Wood's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(Steff @ Dec 2, 2006 -> 11:08 AM) Jim saw this at the mall yesterday - consumed by the golf game. For those that know him, you think this would be a winner for me to get him..? And do the graphics distort any on a larger (60 inch) tv? They had it on 35 inchers at the mall. FWIW, I don't know much about the system, but I would be willing to bet that Jim would love it.
  20. QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Dec 4, 2006 -> 08:34 AM) I do see that they are analagous to a degree, yes. The difference for me is that responsible gun registry legislation would be built from the ground up as a way to ensure that Second Amendment protections are guaranteed (eg, by requiring warrants to access the registry and only then to access that portion relevant to an investigation) as opposed to the Patriot Acts which were built from the ground up as a way to skirt the protections of the First Amendment. I realize both could have the potential for abuse by the wrong Executive powers. But all of our SoxTalk candidates are above reproach so I'm not worried. I disagree. I see gun registries in the same light as I see intercepting phone calls. Registering your guns doesn't necesarily stop you from owning a gun, just as having your phone tapped, doesn't stop you from having free speech. Personally I think both are end-arounds designed to chip away at the true intent of the respective amendments.
  21. Good discussion. Does anyone see the similarities between the Patriot Act and the first amdendment, and things like gun registries and the second admendment? To me they both take chisels to the amendments and chipaway at them little by little.
  22. Why is he unsignable? Because Borass refuses to sign away a player long term before he reaches the free agent market. It's quite simple actually. We could put a huge long term deal on the table tommorrow, at current market prices, and he would laugh in our faces, and then use that deal to start negotiations with other teams in two years.
  23. QUOTE(G&T @ Dec 3, 2006 -> 07:03 PM) A-Rod's contract He can void the contract after 2007 if he doesn't get an $8mil raise. He probably wouldn't bother, but who knows? I am reading this a little differently than you guys. There is a BIG "OR" in the middle of that opt out clause. As long as he is making at least $1,000,000 per year more than anyone else, he CANNOT opt out. For the near future, I don't see anyone who is going to be making $26 million/yr plus, so Arod isn't going anywhere.
  24. No big shock here. Racism is still plenty alive and well in this country. To be honest I think if you would have done that exact experiement with any number of races/women, you would have gotten the same basic result.
  25. As usual, the free market succeed where the government falls on its face.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.