Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
43 years ago today
QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Nov 24, 2006 -> 11:02 AM) No. A friend is taking me to the museum in the Spring, though (and to Astro games). I'm not sure what that has to do with Tip O'Neill's recollection of conversations with the Kennedy family. More to what you refer to in the sounds heard in the plaza than anything.
-
43 years ago today
QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Nov 24, 2006 -> 10:58 AM) As I said in the history thread -- dunno if you've looked at it -- Speaker Tip O'Neill says that the Kennedys all heard gunshots, and their aides did too, from the grassy knoll and from a bunch of different directions, too, but decided to keep it quiet so as to not rock the nation. The Kennedys were mobsters. They know how to cover up a hit and they know that it's important to protect the family's name. I'm a fairly Liberal guy...but I honestly prefer Nixon and Johnson to JFK and RFK. Oh, don't even get me started on RFK's phony campaign in 1968. The one he embarked on after McCarthy had proven him wrong on LBJ's invincability. Out of curiousity, have you ever actually been to the spot of the shootings in Dallas?
-
Happy Thanksgiving all!!!
Happy Thanksgiving to all of Soxtalk young and old, established and newbie.
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
Mreye: I take you new sig to mean that you are signing up to run the Indy mini-marathon this year? Good luck bro!
-
43 years ago today
QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ Nov 22, 2006 -> 11:59 PM) JFK anniversary Been to Deadly Plaza once it has an odd feel to it. I bet it was a circus around there today. I went a few years back and couldn't believe how small the area was. I could see how lots of the conspiracies started just from that alone.
-
Bush Twin robbed in Argentina
LOL. The same government who can't protect the President's kid from getting her pursesnatched, managed to pull of the greatest conspiracy of all time in 9-11.
-
Happy Thanksgiving
Happy Thanksgiving everyone
-
Contract talk
QUOTE(R.Sweeney @ Nov 22, 2006 -> 04:46 PM) Your exactly right. Thats what Detroit has been doing the last few years. Get quality draft picks and get good players in return through trades. Oh yeah, lets not forget about Beane in Oakland too. They were also losing 100 games a year, which makes it a hell of a lot easier to draft top pitchers... should we try that too?
-
Films
QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Nov 22, 2006 -> 01:48 PM) Talking penguins? I thought you didn't have time to watch the E! Channel, thats why you TIVO "Girls next Door". I had to TIVO "Plushies Gone Wild, Part 8"
-
Question
QUOTE(klaus kinski @ Nov 22, 2006 -> 01:39 PM) Well, the decent CF's are all being signed while we sleep-Crawford is about all thats left-with likely a rising price tag If being "awake" means giving 5 years $55 million to Gary Mathews Jr, or a huge contract to JD Drew, then Kenny Williams could be Rip Van Winkle for all I care. [turns on soothing soft playing nursery rhymes]
-
Contract talk
Its kinda funny looking back how mortified people were at the thought of Garland and Contreras both getting 3 years 29 million dollar extentions. Today those deals are bargains, which also got me thinking about contracts going forward... With Mark Buehrle looking at a BIG extension in his future, are people in support of breaking the bank for Mark, or how would they react if Mark asked for a big deal. Just as a stab in the dark lets say something like 7 years, $105 million to make it $15 million a year on average.
-
Films
QUOTE(Brian @ Nov 22, 2006 -> 08:26 AM) Do yourself a favor and rent it. The edited TV version isn't as funny as the actual movie. At least I'm assuming you watched it on VH1. I actually caught it on "E", but yeah, same idea. I may just rent it, I really was amused by it.
-
Films
I saw "Election" for the first time last night with Mathew Broderick and Reese Witherspoon, and it was way better than I ever thought it would be. It had a nice quirkiness to it, plus it was just dark enough to be pretty funny.
-
The Official [SCRUBS] Thread
My Name is Earl The Office Scrubs Best night of comedy on TV, period.
-
Morneau wins AL MVP
HELL YEAH!!! http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15825427/
-
Did/do you guys play football
QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Nov 21, 2006 -> 12:20 PM) snipe hunting = vastly underrated Whitewashing fences>snipe hunting FWIW, I haven't played in a Turkey Bowl for years...
-
Stocks and investing thread
Falling in the category of "overrated bubbles".... Google tops $500 a share.
-
The Official Soxtalk Poster Elections - Discussion Thread
QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 21, 2006 -> 10:51 AM) I see what you are getting at, but I have to disagree. If some company found a vaccine for AIDS, they'd be set for income for eons. No way they don't try to do that. Yes, they ALSO go after the simpler, annoying things that they can treat for life. They do both. Especially since all it takes is one company who is locked out of the patent money on treatments, to come up with a cure, to not only ensure them a revenue stream, but to blow up their competition by destroying their market for cures. Profit motive is a funny thing.
-
UCLA Student get his monkey shocked
Maybe this was just the cops way of responding to being heckled...
-
Think twice about answering that spam...
http://redtape.msnbc.com/2006/11/spam_never_dies.html#posts
-
Pierre to Dodgers
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 21, 2006 -> 10:17 AM) I have a feeling baseball fans will be able to argue about what the worst contract of the 2006 offseason is for many years to come. That's one I won't argue with you about
-
Return of the Shuffle
QUOTE(The Critic @ Nov 21, 2006 -> 09:13 AM) I always said that if I was ever in a band (never happened, much to the rejoicing of eardrums everywhere), I would cover that song. I think it could be quite a rockin' little pop-punk tune. Yeah, I could see that being something you could really get the lead out of... I always liked it because it was different.
-
"Kramer" loses it!!
I do want to take exception to the Carlos Mencia comparisons, as these are two completely different things. The whole point of Mencia's act is to breakdown stereotypes by making them absurd as possible. Richards rant contained nothing of redeeming value, as it was a bitter and angry racist rant. If he wanted to taunt the guy or call him out, fine, do that, but hate is hate.
-
Dem. Rangel Calling for Military Draft
Let me just be clear that I do believe in doing public service. I am active volunteer in my hometown. I believe people should VOLUNTEER for public service projects. I just don't see that as being something we can REQUIRE people to do, even if it is for the greater good.
-
Captions??
I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think so...